OT MLB Rule change | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT MLB Rule change

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
The DH was adopted in the American League 50 years ago. The issue is no pitchers bat in any other league anymore. They don't bat in college or the minor leagues. The adoption of the DH in the National League is going to happen, it was always going to happen, just a matter of when.

Iirc Every league in the us besides the nl has the dh or some form of it

Reaction Score
if you're fighting to keep these kinds of hitters in the lineup, i don't know what to tell you. There was one pitcher who hit above league average last year....and that was the first time he's ever done it in his career. in 2019 there was 2. in 2018 there was 1.

I don't have an issue with pitchers hitting, I certainly love it in MLB The Show. I like pinch hitting, I like the strategy. But pitching on it's own takes so much time and effort now and makes it just hard for guys to be able to do both. Factor in injury concerns - especially with the amount of money owners are paying these guys, and to me it seems like a no brainer.

Nothing beats a pitcher homer though. Make the DH hit 9th? Maybe some of these guys will still hit then and the DH position won't just be another swing for the fences and pray type guy

1643915123792.png

phillionaire

esta noche somos mantequilla
Reaction Score
Damn I'm really gonna miss seeing someone that can't swing a bat whiff at three fastballs

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Simon

Top Bottom