OT MLB Rule change | The Boneyard

OT MLB Rule change

Reaction Score
Where did you see that? Figured the MLBPA isn't agreeing to that until most of their economic demands are agreed to.

Reaction Score
Where did you see that? Figured the MLBPA isn't agreeing to that until most of their economic demands are agreed to.
It's not official but it's just a matter of when, everyone wants it

ColchVEGAS

Still buckin like five, deuce, four, trey.
Reaction Score
I like the pitcher hitting, but it was only a matter of time as this has been talked about for years. They should have gotten rid of the new extra innings rules they adopted.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
If I'm an NL owner, I'd have asked for one fewer roster spot. After all, don't need all that bench to PH anymore with a DH, right?

Reaction Score
I like the pitcher hitting, but it was only a matter of time as this has been talked about for years. They should have gotten rid of the new extra innings rules they adopted.
They've already said they're getting rid of that rule

Reaction Score
This sucks. Another way to homogenize baseball. One of many reasons they're bleeding fans.

Sports—especially sports like baseball that go back well over a hundred years with major leagues—ought to embrace quirks that make them unique. Get rid of interleague play, keep the NL with the pitcher hitting, etc.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
That bums me out. And I hope DeGrom hits for himself anyway.
I love the managerial strategy it requires, and I really loved watching deGrom bat, but since that apparently led to one of the six injuries that ultimately shut him down last season, I’m guessing that won’t happen—and that’s probably a good thing for us if we want him to stay healthy.

Reaction Score

Rob Dibble said it on his radio show. He said it like it was a done deal and they expressed their thoughts on the change.

He liked the change cause he says it was just an easy out.

Reaction Score
Rob Dibble said it on his radio show. He said it like it was a done deal and they expressed their thoughts on the change.

He liked the change cause he says it was just an easy out.
Yeah I knew the players and the owners pretty much have said they will do this. That's not new news. But I thought the OP was saying it was agreed to in the negotiations already. It has not as the MLBPA says that they won't officially agree to it until they come to an agreement with the owners on all the economic issues. And they are far from that right now.

Reaction Score
Pitchers hitting is antiquated. I used to be a hardcore no NL DH guy but after 2020 ive come around on it and last season with the best pitcher in the game missing a month because of an injury he suffered hitting im good with it. There is no good argument for it other than some nostalgic feeling some fans cant let go of. Glad MLB is doing away with it.

Reaction Score
I guess this will be something fun to debate instead of watching games this spring.
It's still nice sitting in the sun drinking beer and people watching, while occasionally looking to see what's happening on the field.

Reaction Score
The DH was adopted in the American League 50 years ago. The issue is no pitchers bat in any other league anymore. They don't bat in college or the minor leagues. The adoption of the DH in the National League is going to happen, it was always going to happen, just a matter of when.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Honestly, it was also a competitive disadvantage for the NL. AL teams will build their team with the DH in mind, but in the World Series NL teams would just put their best bench player in. Now NL teams have every reason to sign or trade for another bat, not to mention it's a way to get a guy into the lineup that's a little dinged up but can still swing a bat.

Reaction Score
Good there should be a universal DH. Yankees have had bad luck with injuries to their pitchers in interleague for instance the Chen Ming Wang injury which was a Lisfranc injury, he was never the same after that.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
It brings in a new strategy, but one that is largely boring: yay, more pitching changes! More players just mashing HRs!

Exactly.

People act like it doesn’t add other strategies

But I think having pitchers hit is just hideous

And having different rules in the WS is laughable

I’m fine if the nl wants to crown their champion wkthojt a dh

But for the World Series, all 7 games should be dh

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Honestly, it was also a competitive disadvantage for the NL. AL teams will build their team with the DH in mind, but in the World Series NL teams would just put their best bench player in. Now NL teams have every reason to sign or trade for another bat, not to mention it's a way to get a guy into the lineup that's a little dinged up but can still swing a bat.

Yup. It opens up a market for more bat first players

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Simon

Top Bottom