OT: Mizzou black football players taking a stand | Page 19 | The Boneyard

OT: Mizzou black football players taking a stand

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Thats despicable. They should have come common courtesy and decency for whats going on in Paris. While their issue is important it dwarfs in comparison to what is going on in Paris.

I almost feel like people outside of the large metropolitan areas on the USA where terrorist acts have taken place are out of touch with the magnitude of these horrific events. I'm sure if they were closer to the events of 9/11 they would have a different view of these types of terrorist attacks.

Reaction Score
The climate on college campuses has gotten so weird. I was in Storrs from 2004-2008 and I don't remember any of this. I remember going to events at or hosted by the cultural centers and I don't remember any of this crazy diviseness and/or bullying. It seems like these days "social justice" is used as a bludgeon against anyone who isn't completely in lockstep with them ideologically, because no one wants to be label a bigot or racist.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Not talking racial issues at all, but this tweet just reaffirms a lot of my issue with this whole scenario at Missouri. I do not discount the issues at all, but quite a bit of this saga has reeked of just attention whoring.

1447468122837.jpg

What's despicable is these students are comparing their plight with that of hundreds of dead and injured people in Paris. My gosh what the heck is wrong with these young people. smh

Reaction Score
Not talking racial issues at all, but this tweet just reaffirms a lot of my issue with this whole scenario at Missouri. I do not discount the issues at all, but quite a bit of this saga has reeked of just attention whoring.

1447468122837.jpg
Idiots.

Reaction Score
Among a few too many long-term Aussies of white skin tone, purportedly educated or not so in Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane and even more so the further you get from Australia's few cities of any size, racism is alive and kicking harder than a drunken 'roo. Even among too many who head off elsewhere, I've directly witnessed more direct and underlying racism than experienced with most expat Yanks, Canadians, Kiwis, Brits. Certainly not all, but a regular big night for too many Aussies and it's shocking what comes of their voice boxes.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
Idiots.

Idiots and uninformed/uneducated.

90% of "Occupy Wall Street" protesters had no idea what they were protesting. I'm afraid the students at Mizzou are following the same path and a very important message will be lost because of it.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
What's despicable is these students are comparing their plight with that of hundreds of dead and injured people in Paris. My gosh what the heck is wrong with these young people. smh
It's called entitlement and unfortunately it's an epidemic with the majority of our youth. I see it in my 4th grade students all the time and it makes me work even harder to make sure my own two little girls don't grow up acting the same. It's unbelievable and the fact that these people felt the need to tweet that makes me sick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom