OT: Mike & Mike | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Mike & Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
98% of Boston talk radio (and 90% of sports media) is sh_t. imo

Only a few guys I can listen to on the radio. Scott Zolack, Jerry Thornton, another guy I forget.

I don't like Thornton as much because he's comes across as a completely clueless homer that just wants to scream BRADY IS THE GOAT I LOVE HIM. Guys like Felger or that Kirk Minihane are the opposite end of that spectrum and are pretty insufferable at times too.

Reaction Score
M+M complete tools

Greenberg one of the biggest d-bags at that company based on my interactions with him.

By the way how the hell does Golic's kid have an on-air gig on ESPN Radio. I about crashed my car when I heard him as I scanned around the dials this weekend.

Let's hear some Greenberg stories!!

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
I don't like Thornton as much because he's comes across as a completely clueless homer that just wants to scream BRADY IS THE GOAT I LOVE HIM. Guys like Felger or that Kirk Minihane are the opposite end of that spectrum and are pretty insufferable at times too.

Dale & Holley is the best sports radio program we have access to in CT. I don't get thee Sports Hub, but Zolack is pretty brutal when he does Pats games IMO. I have no problem with Jerry Thornton--he's supposed to be a huge homer. He's pretty witty for sports talk radio standards, which helps to add some flavor to the programming. D&C are definitely the worst...not sure anyone will argue with that one. Minihane is okay, but just too insane to handle

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
Any Boston fans listen to Toucher & Rich? I don't mind them, they're like a self aware Mike & Mike if they weren't just blowhard interpromotional shills.
I used to abhor them but I now kind of like D & C with Kurt. Minnehane is an @ss but at least he's upfront about it. They are all fairly smart guys and don't mince words.

I think Ordway is pretty good, and I'll listen to Mut since he's a UConn guy. I'm not a fan of any of the other guys. A few are more palatable. Mazz is horrible - I swear he spends half of the show under Felger's desk. And I don't like Thornton either, just because his opinions all seem to align with the average Boston sports fan.

Reaction Score
The only sports radio show I listen to is the Le Batard show, but yeah it's not the place you go to if you want a serious sports show.

I've been giving Joe D's show a listen on the commute home too. A lot of commercials but at least there is a good amount of Huskies coverage, which I'm good with.

Reaction Score
Dale & Holley is the best sports radio program we have access to in CT. I don't get thee Sports Hub, but Zolack is pretty brutal when he does Pats games IMO. I have no problem with Jerry Thornton--he's supposed to be a huge homer. He's pretty witty for sports talk radio standards, which helps to add some flavor to the programming. D&C are definitely the worst...not sure anyone will argue with that one. Minihane is okay, but just too insane to handle

I like Dale & Holley for being able to maintain a conversation or hit and offer opinions on topics without being too over the top or just being overly packaged like M&M or hot take central. Still think the show would be better without Thornton, or that he would at least scale back with the rah rah cheerleader crap.

I used to abhor them but I now kind of like D & C with Kurt. Minnehane is an @ss but at least he's upfront about it. They are all fairly smart guys and don't mince words.

I think Ordway is pretty good, and I'll listen to Mut since he's a UConn guy. I'm not a fan of any of the other guys. A few are more palatable. Mazz is horrible - I swear he spends half of the show under Felger's desk. And I don't like Thornton either, just because his opinions all seem to align with the average Boston sports fan.

They're so aggressive for a morning show and propensity for hot takes, but I do really enjoy when they just blow up on each other or when Kirk/Dennis fly off the handle and start dropping f-bombs or say something and then take a "vacation".

Reaction Score
Mike & Mike had one of those "UCONN the 6th borough" t-shirts on the set this morning.

I like them as background noise during my mornings.

Reaction Score
after Imus got booted from wfan, I went to mike and mike. Stopped listening when they became more commercial time than talk time. Even their talk time is littered with ads. Unlistenable. Boomer and Carton these days.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

You gotta understand that 1) Thornton's a comedian and this thing is a shtick 2) He's definitely admittedly/unabashedly/comically a homer and 3) He knows more about football (esp x's and 0's) than 98% of Boston sports media. When he first got on, he was trying to spout his knowledge left and right, but they told him to tone it down and just be funny--ie just be a comedian. BB seems to like talking with him because he can actually ask intelligent questions. You can see a little bit of his football acumen in his Patriots post game write ups.

I hate anybody who is a 'hot take' guy. I blame Stephen A Smith (wanker) and Jim Rome () for all of these blowhards.

Last edited:

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
You gotta understand that 1) Thornton's a comedian and this thing is a shtick 2) He's definitely admittedly/unabashedly/comically a homer and 3) He knows more about football (esp x's and 0's) than 98% of Boston sports media. When he first got on, he was trying to spout his knowledge left and right, but they told him to tone it down and just be funny--ie just be a comedian. BB seems to like talking with him because he can actually ask intelligent questions. You can see a little bit of his football acumen in his Patriots post game write ups.

I hate anybody who is a 'hot take' guy. I blame Stephen A Smith (wanker) and Jim Rome () for all of these blowhards.
I did not know that Thornton was a comedian. He's not really a guy that makes me laugh, but maybe that's because he plays 3rd fiddle and doesn't really guide the program.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I did not know that Thornton was a comedian. He's not really a guy that makes me laugh, but maybe that's because he plays 3rd fiddle and doesn't really guide the program.

Yeah, he's done standup for 20+ years in NE. He's not Bill Burr or anything, so I'm guessing his brand of humor doesn't resonate with everyone. Plus, he's still pretty new to radio; I don't think he'll hit his stride for a while.

Reaction Score

I know he used to write on Barstool prior to being on the show, and I liked his write ups there, both for length and analysis. I just don't think he comes across very well on radio, we agree that he's a massive homer, and even if that's what he's supposed to be, I don't really love the schtick. You can easily be a Boston sports media guy (like the 2 co-hosts on that very same show) and keep some level of objectivity. He basically just sounds like a drunk fan at a bar.

Reaction Score
Anyone who isn't listening to Stern in the morning is just wasting their time.

Reaction Score
after Imus got booted from wfan, I went to mike and mike. Stopped listening when they became more commercial time than talk time. Even their talk time is littered with ads. Unlistenable. Boomer and Carton these days.

Besides the actual ads, every segment has a sponsor that they have to mention. I wonder if those guys ever slip up and include those reads in their home life:

"Mike, is it supposed to rain tomorrow?"

"No, just partly cloudy. This weather report was brought to you by Subway. Subway, eat fresh!"

Reaction Score
Yikes....lots of disdain for M&M on here. . . . college hoops is not in their wheelhouse.
They don't even have wheels in their wheelhouse. They're awful, but hey, that's just my opinion, and some people think Yoko Ono has a wonderful voice . . . LINK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DyNASTY#3

Top Bottom