OT: Mike & Mike | The Boneyard

OT: Mike & Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
They are terrible, never understood how real sports fans can watch that nonsense.

Reaction Score
Both of them are complete blowhards who think their opinions hold way too much weight. The only redeeming quality of that show is the guests that they have on are generally good/relevant.

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
That's the problem with national shows -- it's all bubble-gum chit chat. I actually like both of them, but the show is boring and "try hard."

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
They are so vanilla they give vanilla a bad name. With them, I can only last as long as takes to change the channel.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
My morning drive is the Steve Czaban show on Yahoo Sports Radio XM93.

They "get" the joke that their schtick is minimal sports or analysis.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
There is nothing more cringe-worthy than Greenberg engaging in his ritual jock sniffing of every ESPN analyst. Unless it's pimping out their wives twitter accounts for followers.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
They should just add another and rename it "Mike, Mike and Dookie V" and become a complete farce

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
They are terrible, never understood how real sports fans can watch that nonsense.

You underestimate just how stupid the average sports fan really is. And I'm not being arrogant. Just listening to some of these people drops your IQ 10 points.

Reaction Score
Mike Greenburg makes me irrationally angry. Like everything he says makes me want to punch him in the face irrationally angry. I'm not an insane person - but that show somehow brings it out of me. I (rationally) stopped listening about a year ago and now listen to Morning Men on Mad Dog Radio.

Reaction Score
Is this the show from DC area? I have heard one from that area and it was good, not a ton of sports stuff.

I can tolerate Greenberg, but hate Golic. Golic acts like he is a NFL HOFer and his kids are relevant in sports.

My morning drive is the Steve Czaban show on Yahoo Sports Radio XM93.

They "get" the joke that their schtick is minimal sports or analysis.

Reaction Score
Any Boston fans listen to Toucher & Rich? I don't mind them, they're like a self aware Mike & Mike if they weren't just blowhard interpromotional shills.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
Yikes....lots of disdain for M&M on here. I don't mind them. They are entertainers...they don't pretend to be experts. Since this is the hoops board, they probably get more grief here because college hoops is not in their wheelhouse. But I don't think they put on a bad show.

Reaction Score
I can tolerate Mike and Mike but the show that follows is unlistenable to me --Dan Le Batard with Stugotz. The guy argues and yells for three straight hours. I'm on NPR during that drive time.

I miss Colin Cowherd. There, I said it.

And FWIW I reached total equilibrium with the post/like ratio and may have to sit here for a while.:cool:

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Any Boston fans listen to Toucher & Rich? I don't mind them, they're like a self aware Mike & Mike if they weren't just blowhard interpromotional shills.

98% of Boston talk radio (and 90% of sports media) is sh_t. imo

Only a few guys I can listen to on the radio. Scott Zolack, Jerry Thornton, another guy I forget.

Reaction Score
I can tolerate Mike and Mike but the show that follows is unlistenable to me --Dan Le Batard with Stugotz. The guy argues and yells for three straight hours. I'm on NPR during that drive time.

I miss Colin Cowherd. There, I said it.

And FWIW I reached total equilibrium with the post/like ratio and may have to sit here for a while.:cool:
Cowherd is great.

Keep chasing the elusive 1+:1 like to post ratio.

Reaction Score
M+M complete tools

Greenberg one of the biggest d-bags at that company based on my interactions with him.

By the way how the hell does Golic's kid have an on-air gig on ESPN Radio. I about crashed my car when I heard him as I scanned around the dials this weekend.

Reaction Score
He should have been given the Russert treatment.
When your old man croaks you get a crappy gig on some side station

Reaction Score
One of the things that pisses me off about the show is that it's 90% football.

The World Series could be going on but they will spend the majority of the show talking about two-a-days

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DyNASTY#3

Top Bottom