OT Mike & Mad Dog Reunited? | The Boneyard

OT Mike & Mad Dog Reunited?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
mike francesa is now a caricature of himself, but his meme game is strong. a simple youtube search of his name will reveal endless vids of his unintentional humor. one of my favorites is when he goes nuts about loving brandon inge. and ofcourse destroying michael kay

Horatio

15 years no Madden
Reaction Score
The perfect blend of sports and comedy. I remember when they did a live show
The night of our first championship. They both grew to respect Coach Calhoun
and the Program. It would be great.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
I would like to "see" it. But Mike will have to trim his ego back to 800 x normal. Maybe even back to his Eddie Coleman days

Reaction Score
Mad Dog doesn't lack an ego. But anyways it really is the only sport talk show that I listened too all the time. I think both of their shows are pretty unlistenable. So maybe getting back together would be best for them.

Reaction Score
mike francesa is now a caricature of himself, but his meme game is strong.
That's how these old guys stay relevant so long. Look at Dookie V and other sports figures. They have to be familiar and have their shtick to keep fans loyal but if they don't "up their game" per se it becomes stagnant/lukewarm and people move on. After doing so for 40 or however many years, it eventually hits caricature level
a simple youtube search of his name will reveal endless vids of his unintentional humor. one of my favorites is when he goes nuts about loving brandon inge. and ofcourse destroying michael kay
Exactly. There were some amazing moments with those two idiots together. Will never forget the moment where Francesa was explaining the plot of "Daredevil" and Dog was all "oh, true story?" And Mike was just left utterly dumbfounded.

Reaction Score
I know Chris pretty well personally and I have a pretty hard time believing he'd ever work with Mike again on a long term basis. I guess time heals all wounds though.

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
I know Chris pretty well personally and I have a pretty hard time believing he'd ever work with Mike again on a long term basis. I guess time heals all wounds though.
I can't see Fatso caving to a reunion.

Reaction Score
Idk how realistic this is, but I think it would be pretty cool to see them back together again. The only thing is they have been working solo for 7 years now so im not sure if they would warm up to having a partner again let alone having to deal with each other again.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
It was a good blend. Nothing could be too pompous with Chris there. And Mike added some sports knowledge. I'd check it out. Dropped ratings heal all wounds.

The once great Imus had a lot to do with their pairing and their success.

Reaction Score
Mad dogs show is down to 3 hours on SXM last I checked and it was pretty unlistenable.

I would love for them to get back together but I wouldn't bet on it.

KembaStepback

Rains Triples
Reaction Score
I like Chris' show. I like Mike's show as well. I enjoy having the ability to switch to the other if one is on a boring topic. I'm not sure Mike would go for it. He might if the money was there and the situation right. I think Chris misses the banter and getting under Mike's skin. I think he also misses the local aspect of it. He used to love bashing the Mets and Yankees. He cant do that much anymore because he's got to talk about the Alabama spring game.

Reaction Score
Francesca is a pompous know it all, basically intolerable, but Russo can call him out unlike listeners who get dropped if they disagree in any way. Their pairing works, why who knows, maybe because Mike can't disconnect him. Tried to listen to Kay's show but it's so boring you could fall asleep at the wheel.

Reaction Score
Always thought their show worked better as a team. Their egos flew out of control in the other's absence.

Still listen to Francesa on occasion during football season & NCAA tourney time, but it's not the same as it was when Mad Dog was there.

Reaction Score
Together, they were entertaining egomaniacs. Apart, they are blathering egomaniacs. I sure don't learn much from either one. Why do I listen? I guess it's that human nature thing where we can shout out at the radio's buffoons who know so much less than we do yet make millions at somehow pulling us in.

Reaction Score
Michael Kay is absolutely unlistenable; and I'm a lifelong Yankee fan. Absolutely cannot stand the guy on any level. Mike has the over the top ego, but he knows enough and has been around forever and that makes his show interesting at times. Mad Dog is an idiot, but he worked well with Mike. I'd definitely be up for a reunion but I'm getting the feeling that Mike is just about done.

KembaStepback

Rains Triples
Reaction Score
Michael Kay is absolutely unlistenable; and I'm a lifelong Yankee fan. Absolutely cannot stand the guy on any level. Mike has the over the top ego, but he knows enough and has been around forever and that makes his show interesting at times. Mad Dog is an idiot, but he worked well with Mike. I'd definitely be up for a reunion but I'm getting the feeling that Mike is just about done.
I get your point...but Mad Dog actually knows a TON about sports. He's got a very interesting view of things, and he is very passionate. I would not say he's an idiot.

Reaction Score
I get your point...but Mad Dog actually knows a TON about sports. He's got a very interesting view of things, and he is very passionate. I would not say he's an idiot.

Mad Dog? Really? He knew tennis and had a decent hold on the SF Giants, but he always struck me as the comic sidekick to Mike's sports knowledge. The solo Mad Dog shows were just hideous. He'd spend the whole time trolling Met and Yankee fans so he would get calls. To be fair I haven't heard/seen one thing he has done since he left WFAN but I cannot imagine much has changed.

KembaStepback

Rains Triples
Reaction Score
Mad Dog? Really? He knew tennis and had a decent hold on the SF Giants, but he always struck me as the comic sidekick to Mike's sports knowledge. The solo Mad Dog shows were just hideous. He'd spend the whole time trolling Met and Yankee fans so he would get calls. To be fair I haven't heard/seen one thing he has done since he left WFAN but I cannot imagine much has changed.
I listen to him quite a bit. I'm a sox fan, so when Mike goes on and on about the Yankees or has Girardi interviews, I refuse to listen.

Mad Dog's sports memory is amazing. He knows exact final scores of playoff games from like 15-20 years ago. He knows a TON about sports. Mike is probably more versed on the ins and outs of how things work, but Mad Dog certainly knows his stuff.

KembaStepback

Rains Triples
Reaction Score
I listen to him quite a bit. I'm a sox fan, so when Mike goes on and on about the Yankees or has Girardi interviews, I refuse to listen.

Mad Dog's sports memory is amazing. He knows exact final scores of playoff games from like 15-20 years ago. He knows a TON about sports. Mike is probably more versed on the ins and outs of how things work, but Mad Dog certainly knows his stuff.
I also think Mad Dog played into Mike a bit on their show. You cant have 2 guys be complete know-it-alls...no one would listen.

And yes - Mad Dog is guilty of laying into Mets/Yanks fans to get them fired up...he doesn't do that on his own show (it's national and cant focus on just one region) but I think he just found it funny. I used to love listening to the irrational callers call in and be mad at him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom