OT: men's semis...UConn bias with the announcers...yes! | The Boneyard

OT: men's semis...UConn bias with the announcers...yes!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
I find this innovative and entertaining. TBS is covering the two semi-final games Saturday evening...
with traditional 'neutral' announcers. TNT and TrueTV also are carrying the games. One station will have 'home' announcers for one team...the other station will have home announcers for the other.
I wonder who will be the UConn-centric duo on 'our' station?

It will be interesting to see what happens if there is a controversial call by the refs. Listen to the UConn folks
talking about it and then quickly switch to the Florida guys giving their slant.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Very interesting idea, but I suspect this is one of those 'uncertainty principle' kind of things - by the act of trying to measure something, you alter it. The home announcers by the nature of knowing their performance will be 'measured' will automatically change the way they will call the game - because they know they are supposed to be 'homers' they may overact to prove their employers point, or they may underact knowing they are going to have their performance compared to two other teams. And the fact that they are one of three options may just completely change their approach vs a game that they know is going national but for which they are the only voice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom
Top Bottom