OT Memphis shredding Houston defense | The Boneyard

OT Memphis shredding Houston defense

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
34-17 at halftime. Memphis has scored on every possession in the entire first half. UH lost its best DB for the rest of the game on a targeting penalty.

It looks like the Houston players have been hearing and reading that their coach is outta there, and they're playing like it.

Reaction Score
34-17 at halftime. Memphis has scored on every possession in the entire first half. UH lost its best DB for the rest of the game on a targeting penalty.

It looks like the Houston players have been hearing and reading that their coach is outta there, and they're playing like it.
Agree.... they are very distracted .
More so, the assistant coaches can be very distracted as well because they might not know if they are going to end up or have a job.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score

They haven't given up a point so far in the second half. 9:34 left in the game.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
So this is what it's like to watch exciting football....Houston back on top 44-41 with 1:29 to go.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
Memphis back in the lead with 19 seconds left. 48-44. That might just do it.

UConnNick

Reaction Score
It looked like Orlando made some good halftime adjustments on D, but when it counted they fell completely apart in the last few minutes. Oliver getting hurt made them look like a very ordinary team defensively.

It's hard to tell whether the coaching situation was a distraction or not. Neither team had much of anything to play for, other than possibly a slightly better bowl game.

Maybe with Herman leaving Benedict could jump in and get a package deal for Applewhite and Orlando to come to Storrs together.

Reaction Score
...and vice versa. Also, Washington had 28 points and almost 300 yards of offense in the first quarter.

All I want for Christmas is a high octane offense.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
It looked like Orlando made some good halftime adjustments on D, but when it counted they fell completely apart in the last few minutes. Oliver getting hurt made them look like a very ordinary team defensively.

It's hard to tell whether the coaching situation was a distraction or not. Neither team had much of anything to play for, other than possibly a slightly better bowl game.

Maybe with Herman leaving Benedict could jump in and get a package deal for Applewhite and Orlando to come to Storrs together.

If we got both Orlando and Applewhite, season ticket sales would go up 50%...

Reaction Score
An important reminder that finding a coach who is just an offensive gunslinger and ignores defense is also not a recipe for success. Certainly a modern offensive coach is needed, but so is one who won't play Big 12 defense.

UConnNick

Reaction Score
Any chance they'd be interested in Bob Diaco???

Bobby Redpants did beat the Coogs at the height of their reign of terror in the AAC. They might just have enough talent that even he couldn't screw things up for them, although I'm sure he could find a way.

Reaction Score
Everybody can score except for Uconn, Memphis loses a coach and and a qb and they don't skip a beat, there is just no excuse for Uconn at all.

Reaction Score
Everybody can score except for Uconn, Memphis loses a coach and and a qb and they don't skip a beat, there is just no excuse for Uconn at all.

Agree. No excuse. There isn't even one that can be used anywhere near reasonably to explain how bad we are. It's malpractice

Reaction Score
I know it felt good when Houston put it's final TD on the board but they failed to burn time off the clock and it was fatal. They could have easily taken another minute off with one more running play and not leaving 20 seconds on the play clock at the snap.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
I'd rather lose 48-44 than win 7-3. Does that make me crazy? If you don't think so, can I be the next head coach? My point is, that I didn't care who won that game, but I watched it. It was fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom