OT: memorabilia | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: memorabilia

Doctor Hoop

Prescribing Hardwood Excellence
Reaction Score
I've got a few nice items in the 'man cave', though nothing too old, and most of it worth more to me than anyone else. Bat rack, with autographed bats from Yaz, Rice and Mookie Betts. There's an open slot waiting for a Ted Williams ($$$). A Bird autographed basketball and a "Big 3" photo signed by Bird/Parrish/McHale.

I've also got a Charlestown Chief jersey signed by the three Hanson Brothers. That might actually be my favorite item.

There's a signed photo by Doug Mientkiewicz the moment he caught the final out in the '04 WS. A large photo of Fenway Park from opening day, 1912. I've also got a puck I caught in the stands during the last B's game at the old Garden. Hard to certify, though it is labeled "The Last Hurrah". Somewhere there's a ticket stub from the 1978 Sox/Yankees playoff game, and a ticket from the 1999 Ryder Cup Sunday. An autograph from Mark Spitz, pre-'72 Olympics. Programs and stubs from 20 years of Big East tournaments.

Oh yeah, a Dunder Mifflin hat signed by Steve Carell.

Reaction Score
Interesting topic. I also enjoy collecting (or hoarding) memorabilia and like many of you, I also collect vintage baseball and football cards numbering in the thousands. Most of the cards I have are from the 50's , 60's , 70's and few key 80's players thrown in for both baseball and football. I also have a few baseball cards from the 30's and 40's as well.

I have a real nice collection of vintage Sports Illustrated magazines (50's, 60's and 70's). Recently, I just started collecting certified autographed baseballs, I have: Harmon Killebrew, Tom Seaver, Bob Feller, Enos Slaughter, Eddie Matthews, Steve Carlton, Don Larson and I just got a George Springer a couple of weeks ago.

Years ago, my aunt gave me some old celebrity autographs that she had of Lou Costello and Art Carney that she got in the 50's and she also met Ray Allen and had him autograph a Ray of Hope program that she gave to me as well. She has since passed so these mean a bit more to me than the others.

Away from the sports collectables, I also have quite a large collection of Corgi Fire Trucks and tanks. On top of all this, I am also a numismatic. Needless to say, my man cave is pretty full!

Reaction Score
I won a ball signed by Mookie Wilson and Bill Buckner a few years ago. Also HOF postcard by Rollie Fingers, Phil Niekro, Bobby Hull, Dave Winfield(all signed). Older stuff, signed Cal Ripken card, Doc Gooden and Daryl Strwaberry signed balls. Also Dick Williams, George Kell, Andre Dawson signed balls.

Reaction Score
Not a collection per se but my favorite piece. Letter to my father signed by the greatest Yankee scout Paul Krichell upon his release from the navy 1946.
yankeeletter.jpg

Reaction Score
Got quite a bit of signed stuff in the early 90's living in FL...Ozzie Smith, Wade Boggs, Phil Esposito...my favorite has probably no re-sale value at all, but a Bill Lee baseball card that he signed for me Bill "The SpaceMan" Lee... He was sitting in the stands at a "Senior League" game...was great to talk to...told him I wish I'd brought my cards of him to sign and he just said, "bring 'em tomorrow, I'll be right here"

Reaction Score
Much of my stuff is personal. I framed the SI covers of the UCONN NCs in shadow boxes. Did the same with the first program and ticket stub from the opening at the Rent as well as a pic from the newspaper of Johnny Gwynn cutting down the net from the 1990 Big East Tournament. . My wife bought me a piece of the 1999 NC floor engraved with the Husky and the score.

I have some signed photos from various Dallas Cowboys, Emmit Smith, Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin. I also have Staubach and Aikman's rookie cards.

My prized possession is a jersey signed by a bunch of the 1983 New York Islanders. A bomb scare prevented the entire team from signing it, but it still has four hall of famers on it.

geordi

Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel
Reaction Score
My prized item is a basketball. In early 1999, I asked Jim Calhoun for a basketball signed by the team to display in a sports bar I hung out at. I received the ball in the mail the morning we were leaving for St. Petersburg for our first Final Four. Since we were in a hurry, I just threw it in the trunk and took off. The rest of that weekend is history ending with 77-74 and the dismantling of the Puke 'dynasty.' I often thought that I could have sold that ball for $5000 the night of the championship game. Still have the ball, of course, signed by the entire team.

Reaction Score
Ted Williams autographed baseball that I put a minimum bid on at a charity auction a few years ago. Figured I would be outbid 5 times over again, but wasn't.

1999 National Championship ring.

Framed HC article from the morning after the 1999 win over Gonzaga, with a piece of the net that was cut down that day.

Autographed photo of Reggie Lewis from when I was a kid.

1999 Final Four program, signed by Rip and Khalid.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Thousands of worthless baseball cards from the late 80's-late 90's.

I can't wait until they go back up. We will be rich! I've got tons of them. No market for them so might as well keep them I guess.

Pgh2Storrs

In Hurley We Trust
Reaction Score
I'm a Pirates season ticket holder, so most of my collection is is related to them.

I have a game-worn jerseys from Josh Bell and Tyler Glasnow that I'm hoping to get framed soon and then a ton of autographed balls from guys over the last decade or so (McCutchen, Marte, Taillon, Cole, etc.). A cool item I have is a lineup card from one of the games that my friends and I attended during my bachelor party in '14 when we were playing the Nats in DC signed by most of the guys that played that night (Marte, Polanco, Melancon, Burnett, etc.) and Clint Hurdle. Most had a good laugh when I talked about the back story behind it.

My favorite item is a game-used ball from the game that A.J. racked up his 2,000th strike out that he signed for me. I know he likely isn't a favorite of Yankees fans, but we absolutely love him in Pittsburgh...easily one of my favorite Pirates of all-time alongside some of the early 90's guys (Van Slyke, Bonilla, Varsho) from when I was a young kid.

Beyond that, I have a Steelers helmet signed by Ben, AB, and Le'Veon that is pretty cool.

As for UConn stuff, I have an 8 x 10 that Calhoun signed for me as I was leaving the trainers room in Gampel one morning while I was in school. My wife bought me a framed picture of Kemba for Christmas that is signed along with "2011 Champs" which I always point out when my Pitt fan friends are over.

Reaction Score
my 2nd favorite jersey style that UCONN wore back in the 90's....have it in both home white and road blue

Attachments

• 007.JPG
    007.JPG
    371.8 KB · Views: 34
Reaction Score
A comic book collection dating back to the early 70's to the mid 80's. Mostly Marvel with about 2000 or more archived books.
I have one too, with comics from the 50's and 60's. Some worth quite a bit of money.

Reaction Score
I have a tie clip and cuff links from the 50's. Got it as a little kid. Has the old husky logo on it.

Reaction Score
I used to have a green louisville slugger bat from the old Kansas city Athletics. Unfortunatly I don't know what happened to it.

Reaction Score
Big into baseball cards. Have complete sets of topps from 1953 , Bowman’s from 1948 to 1955. Also collect items of my favorite player Rocky Colavito and relative Jack Barry who played from 1909 to 1918 with the Philadelphia As and Red Sox. I now sell packs and boxes at some card shows which keeps me busy.
Wow. That's some cool stuff.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Used to be huge into sports cards (baseball, basketball, football) as a kid. Got the Beckett every month to see which cards would go up and down.

No clue if they are "worth" anything these days, but I made sure my mom never would throw them out haha.

Think I had a Jeter rookie, that I valued a lot, but I don't think it was worth much (~$50?).

Reaction Score
I feel your pain. My mom threw away my entire baseball card collection, with cards dating back to the early 60's. It was likely thousands of dollars worth at today's prices.

I'd really like to buy an original of my uncle Cy Perkins' baseball cards. Last time I checked there was one available for $700. He was the starting catcher for the Philadelphia A's for about ten seasons, and later was a player-coach with the Yankees during the Ruth/Gehrig Era. He also was a pitching coach with the Detroit Tigers and also the Philadelphia Phillies in 1950 when they had the Whiz Kids pitching staff. He played on three WS winning teams and was on a fourth as a pitching coach.

Mine x 100. I had cards / comics from 50s, and perhaps cards from 40s. Oi!!!

Reaction Score
I can't wait until they go back up. We will be rich! I've got tons of them. No market for them so might as well keep them I guess.
Same unfortunately. I have complete topps sets from 1981 to 1997. Complete upper deck sets from 1989 to 1997 and various other sets from donruss, bowman and fleer. Most unopened and sealed. I still keep them just in case. It was a fun hobby when I was a kid that I got to share with my Dad.

I have some autographs from Yankees over the years, most notably Mante, Yogi, Whitey, Rozzuto and Mattingly.

Horatio

15 years no Madden
Reaction Score
I have one too, with comics from the 50's and 60's. Some worth quite a bit of money.

I haven’t touched my books in 15 years. I wonder what their worth? The books from the 60’s and 70’s are different. You can actually see the superhero’s having cigarettes while talking things out. Lol

54E96A72-C242-446C-A58F-1799D9693005.jpeg

Reaction Score
Autographed Kemba photo. Seahawks autographed jerseys of HOF players Steve Largent, Walter Jones, Cortez Kennedy and Ken Easley

Reaction Score
I still have a bunch of baseball cards starting in exactly 1980 (when I was 9). My mom threw away everything before then in a nuclear escalation of a war of wills we were having about cleaning my room. She went right from a third threat to throwing my stuff out. I still think I deserved at least five more threats. She won that battle, but the war continued until I moved into the Jungle.

My 12 year old son will collect anything. He has Funkos that were referenced earlier and rubber ducks and has collected Pokemon cards or whatever was hot at the time. It was cute, but then he skipped baseball cards and went to sneakers. Thankfully he's only been able to afford a couple pair with birthday / holiday money. I took him to a couple shows and I think the guys in the subculture are bigger losers than the Star Trek guys in the famous Shatner SNL skit.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom