OT: Melo to C's? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Melo to C's?

Reaction Score
I wouldn't say he's the worst...but yeah he needs to be in the right situation to succeed. I think Boston is that situation. Full of talented guys, he wont need to hog the ball. Plus with a talented back court, he will benefit a lot.
Again - his defense is a problem, but I think on the right team he is defensive effort would improve.
Go get Butler or George or Drummond.

I am pretty sure you don't want a player who is a negative in the following;

Negative passer
Negative to a ball movement offense
Negative ball stopper
Negative defender
Negative clutch player
Negative leader or not a leader at all

Positive shooter/scorer

One dimensional player that brings so many negatives to your team.

Good luck with all that.

Butler, George, or Drummond (although weird comparison) are all way way way better options.

Reaction Score
"For any hall of famer", "Guy is the absolute worst".
Also, hasn't exactly been on the best teams for most of his career, pretty much carried the Nuggets to the playoffs every year, even if he hasn't had much success while there.
Go get him and then watch what happens, sit with that 27 Million contract the next 3 years, your team will decipate and all the good Ainge did over the last 5 years will come to an end with all your young talented players becoming over their prime.

Good luck with Melo, reason why his good friend wants nothing to do with him and reason why J.J. Redick is holding up a trade with the Clippers.

Yes, J.J. Redick, not the big three, Redick, lol, embarrassing.

Melo= Negative value

Reaction Score
Damn Melo owns @EBonz30 mind... did he bang your sister or something?
Don't have a sister, just a Knick fan that has had to watch this loser take over the franchise.

Best moment for him being here was beating the Celtics in Game 6 in Boston, I was there and was the only thing Carmelo ever accomplished as a Knick.

True Cancer.

Reaction Score
I'm not saying I'd want this trade, but Melo was fantastic in international ball. Not selfish, just efficient. People liked playing for him. His Nuggets teams were consistently good though they didn't have a lot on them other than him. The Knicks teams he's played for have been terrible.

If they got Melo without giving up a Nets pick, I'd be okay with it.

Reaction Score
Don't have a sister, just a Knick fan that has had to watch this loser take over the franchise.

Best moment for him being here was beating the Celtics in Game 6 in Boston, I was there and was the only thing Carmelo ever accomplished as a Knick.

True Cancer.
You know what's cancer? Posting the same butt-hurt thing 6 times when nobody cares.

Reaction Score
and don't believe Ainge would spend the bounty the Knicks would demand.

If, by some miracle (for the Knicks), it came to pass, I will seriously consider disavowing the Celtics for as long as he is there.

I don't think it will happen either, but if the Celtics want him, and Melo wants the Celtics, it will probably happen. Knicks supposedly want him out to start building around Porzingis, there's limited options with his no trade clause, clippers are the only other team really getting mentioned and they literally have no assets to trade, it would be a straight salary dump. If the Celtics give the Knicks something of value they'd probably do it, without the Celtics giving up any of their best assets.

Reaction Score
If he wants to take a limited role as a rotation player and C's don't have to give up much it's not bad. They have to take his money, but maybe they view it as ok given when their bigger deals come due.

I have to look, but think IT and Bradley up soon for major $$.

I don't think it will happen either, but if the Celtics want him, and Melo wants the Celtics, it will probably happen. Knicks supposedly want him out to start building around Porzingis, there's limited options with his no trade clause, clippers are the only other team really getting mentioned and they literally have no assets to trade, it would be a straight salary dump. If the Celtics give the Knicks something of value they'd probably do it, without the Celtics giving up any of their best assets.

Reaction Score
As a Knicks fan I don't care if we get anything in return as long as they take Phil too. Flush everything but Zing and I'd be happy as a pig in

Reaction Score
As a Knicks fan I don't care if we get anything in return as long as they take Phil too. Flush everything but Zing and I'd be happy as a pig in
Take the idiot Dolan too!

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
I'm not saying I'd want this trade, but Melo was fantastic in international ball. Not selfish, just efficient. People liked playing for him. His Nuggets teams were consistently good though they didn't have a lot on them other than him. The Knicks teams he's played for have been terrible.

If they got Melo without giving up a Nets pick, I'd be okay with it.

He has another year after this @ $25M and then a player option for 2018-19. No thank you.

Reaction Score
I think I'd honestly prefer Melo than Butler given what the price tag figures to be for either. Being a poor shooting wing isn't a good fit for Stevens system, and for all the attitude crap people say about Melo I wouldn't say Butler seems much better in that regard, the team situations Butler has been prominently involved in over the last 2-3 years are downright bizarre.

Given that Melo seems like he can be had for spare parts and the price for Butler seems to involve some combo of Nets picks, Jaylen Brown, and possibly 1 of Bradley/Crowder/Smart, I'd rather take Melo and save the assets. An IT/Bradley/Crowder/Melo/Horford crunch time 5 sounds pretty good to me.

Reaction Score
I agree, Melo would not cost any Nets picks, maybe the 2019 C's 1, Rozier and say Jerekbo. I'd give up Brown if I had to, not a fan whatsoever.

I think I'd honestly prefer Melo than Butler given what the price tag figures to be for either. Being a poor shooting wing isn't a good fit for Stevens system, and for all the attitude crap people say about Melo I wouldn't say Butler seems much better in that regard, the team situations Butler has been prominently involved in over the last 2-3 years are downright bizarre.

Given that Melo seems like he can be had for spare parts and the price for Butler seems to involve some combo of Nets picks, Jaylen Brown, and possibly 1 of Bradley/Crowder/Smart, I'd rather take Melo and save the assets. An IT/Bradley/Crowder/Melo/Horford crunch time 5 sounds pretty good to me.

Reaction Score
I agree, Melo would not cost any Nets picks, maybe the 2019 C's 1, Rozier and say Jerekbo. I'd give up Brown if I had to, not a fan whatsoever.

I'd be fine with giving up any of that (+Amir lol) besides Brown. I didn't like the Brown pick at all when it was made, but between his physical ability and flashes of really good play, I wouldn't want to give him up unless the C's were getting a bonafide in their prime stud in return.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom