OT: Melo to C's? | The Boneyard

OT: Melo to C's?

Reaction Score
Suddenly lots of Twitter chatter about this. I think they will do something, but who knows what. Rumors of Butler, Bogut and even Drummond.

Reaction Score
Please get rid of Melo already, guy is the worst ever.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I sure hope not. Not a fan of Melo. Celtics would target Butler or Paul George.

Reaction Score
Yes, even some potential of Blake. Hope they keep the 2017 #1, 2018 I would offer up for the right deal.

I sure hope not. Not a fan of Melo. Celtics would target Butler or Paul George.

Reaction Score
Some great Twitter stuff, even though no one knows anything

rqOTznA7_normal.jpg
Overtime Sports (@OTSports_)
2/21/17, 11:23 AM
Isaiah Thomas is tweeting emojis, Jae Crowder removed his Celtics header, the Celtics followed Carmelo on Instagram. pic.twitter.com/sy9dH0puHi

Reaction Score
Please trade Melo, don't even need to get anything back, just get him off the team, total loser, not sure if there is another athlete that I disliked more.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Some great Twitter stuff, even though no one knows anything

rqOTznA7_normal.jpg
Overtime Sports (@OTSports_)
2/21/17, 11:23 AM
Isaiah Thomas is tweeting emojis, Jae Crowder removed his Celtics header, the Celtics followed Carmelo on Instagram. pic.twitter.com/sy9dH0puHi

Fake news.

Jae Crowder never had a Celtics header.

But yes, IT is tweeting emojis.

I can't imagine why the Celtics would want him. Ball stopper with a bad contract.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Doubtful. Celtics need what Anthony cannot provide, and don't believe Ainge would spend the bounty the Knicks would demand.

If, by some miracle (for the Knicks), it came to pass, I will seriously consider disavowing the Celtics for as long as he is there.

Reaction Score
Melo on Knicks 213-266.

53 games under .500.

Guy is the worst, please trade for him Ainge, nothing needed back in the trade, NOTHING.

Reaction Score
They would use him as a 6th man so likely give up 2019 #1, maybe a couple 2s and young, Rozier

Melo on Knicks 213-266.

53 games under .500.

Guy is the worst, please trade for him Ainge, nothing needed back in the trade, NOTHING.

Reaction Score
Melo on Knicks 213-266.

53 games under .500.

One of the worst teammates ever. It is always about him and him only. The guy takes a hundred shots while not playing a lick of defense. He played a huge role driving Linsanity out of NYC along with idiot Dolan. Knicks suck as an organization, and they made huge mistakes building around this fake superstar. Stephen A is a total loser who praised this overrated player endlessly.

He will suck anywhere he goes as long as he is the center piece of any team.

Reaction Score
One of the worst teammates ever. It is always about him and him only. The guy takes a hundred shots while not playing a lick of defense. He played a huge role driving Linsanity out of NYC along with idiot Dolan. Knicks suck as an organization, and they made huge mistakes building around this fake superstar. Stephen A is a total loser who praised this overrated player endlessly.

He will suck anywhere he goes as long as he is the center piece of any team.
Worst player ever, worst athlete ever, definition of selfishness, the worst ever!!!!!!!

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
By the way, Drummond's value has really declined. The analytics don't show him to be the impactful star we all thought he was going to be. I think he's got the tools to take it to another level but Detroit has already soured on him somewhat. Frankly I think SVG is not getting through to him.

He's available and at most the Celtics (if they wanted him) would have to give up one of the Brooklyn firsts, I think.

Reaction Score
I don't think Melo is a bad teammate. I just think he is limited. He only knows one way to be effective, and he isn't really great at that. He is a prime example of a great talent who would have benefited from three to four years of college. I doubt Ainge would touch him with a 10 foot pool. I think the Clippers or Cavs would benefit most from his presence.

KembaStepback

Rains Triples
Reaction Score
I think if the C's fail to get Butler, they'll go for Melo with Crowder, exprings, and non-Brooklyn draft assets.

I think that move makes sense on both sides. Moreso for the Knicks who would shed Melo's contract and would be able to rebuild starting next yr. They get back a solid player in Crowder, get some picks (even though they're not going to be good picks) and can truly rebuild around KP.

Then they need to trade Rose for Rubio. Draft one of the 5 top PGs in this draft class and they'll be in good shape going forward.

I think Melo would buy in on the C's. Good coach with other star players. Thomas and Melo is a good 1-2 scoring punch.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
I feel for Bradley if the Cs trade crowder in the melo trade. He's gonna have to guard 3 positions.

Reaction Score
I think if the C's fail to get Butler, they'll go for Melo with Crowder, exprings, and non-Brooklyn draft assets.

I think that move makes sense on both sides. Moreso for the Knicks who would shed Melo's contract and would be able to rebuild starting next yr. They get back a solid player in Crowder, get some picks (even though they're not going to be good picks) and can truly rebuild around KP.

Then they need to trade Rose for Rubio. Draft one of the 5 top PGs in this draft class and they'll be in good shape going forward.

I think Melo would buy in on the C's. Good coach with other star players. Thomas and Melo is a good 1-2 scoring punch.
Good luck, Melo is the worst player to have on your team, a career lifetime of a 47 percentage of winning games.

The worst percentage of all time for any hall of famer.

Guy is the absolute worst.

Reaction Score
Good luck, Melo is the worst player to have on your team, a career lifetime of a 47 percentage of winning games.

"For any hall of famer", "Guy is the absolute worst".
Also, hasn't exactly been on the best teams for most of his career, pretty much carried the Nuggets to the playoffs every year, even if he hasn't had much success while there.

KembaStepback

Rains Triples
Reaction Score

I wouldn't say he's the worst...but yeah he needs to be in the right situation to succeed. I think Boston is that situation. Full of talented guys, he wont need to hog the ball. Plus with a talented back court, he will benefit a lot.
Again - his defense is a problem, but I think on the right team he is defensive effort would improve.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom