OT: Meghan Duffy [merged thread] | The Boneyard

OT: Meghan Duffy [merged thread]

Reaction Score
It seems like a good move for Megan. I wish her well. I hope she likes outdoorsy things to fill whatever spare time she might have. Blacksburg is in gorgeous countryside but far, far from anywhere you could call the big city. Roanoke has some better restaurants but is a little too far for an evening out.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Excellent hire by VA Tech. Evidently the BE has become a training ground for both players and coaches going to P5 schools.
This is a problem that a lot of people who are only fans of the basketball teams don't see. I worry about it from time to time. We are less vulnerable to it than most of our conference mates, but it will be an issue going forward.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
This is a problem that a lot of people who are only fans of the basketball teams don't see. I worry about it from time to time. We are less vulnerable to it than most of our conference mates, but it will be an issue going forward.
Maybe, but it also makes it where coaches from other conference's have a chance to excel in the Big East.

CL82

Reaction Score
Maybe, but it also makes it where coaches from other conference's have a chance to excel in the Big East.
How so?

Reaction Score
Great pick up by VT. Hokies will thrive under Megan’s leadership!

Reaction Score
The G5s/mid-majors are basically a minor league subservient to the so-called power conference schools who will come in and take the most talented coaches and players whenever they need to because they have the money to do it.

Reaction Score
She is a very good coach. It was just a matter of time. My fervent wish is that one day the other women's teams in our conference will be viewed the way the other men's teams are.

CL82

Reaction Score
The young coach from Jackson State would be a good hire. There are a lot of coaches that are in lower mid conference schools paying their dues. Some of them just need to be hired by the Mid-Majors to move up.
Got it, you are saying other "G5" colleges.

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
It seems like a good move for Megan. I wish her well. I hope she likes outdoorsy things to fill whatever spare time she might have. Blacksburg is in gorgeous countryside but far, far from anywhere you could call the big city. Roanoke has some better restaurants but is a little too far for an evening out.
Like Storrs?

Reaction Score
She is a very good coach. It was just a matter of time. My fervent wish is that one day the other women's teams in our conference will be viewed the way the other men's teams are.
Hard to see how big east wbb can improve
Especially now that the power 4 conferences
See the potential $ in wbb

Reaction Score
I posted the question about Megan Duffy moving on to VT. But I just read that she’s indeed the new HC there. I’m happy for her, but sad for the BE conference.
I'm with you, FormerCTrez. It would seem a tough time to take over in Blacksburg, post-Kitley and Amoore, but I'll bet Megan will hold her own in the ever-burgeoning ACC.

It also reminds us of the decision by Georgia to hit the portal. Wonder where she'll head...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom