OT: Mayweather - Berto | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Mayweather - Berto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
He is 38 years old. He deserves to fight anyone he wants as his last fight. How many fighters have been at the top like him at 38. He has beaten all the big names and again....he's 38 which is ancient for a top boxer. There always gonna be a new young lion to test himself against. He is old let him go out gracefully and stop saying he should fight this person and that person. When he keeps winning there are always gonna be those who say....well now he should fight so and so...he's old and he knows it. Some people want him to fight the next best thing.oh he's 50 but he should still fight the 25 year old young up and coming champ !
ohhhh stfu!

Reaction Score
Just out of curiosity, does anyone have even the faintest interest in this fight? I'm not sure I'd watch it if it was free.
Run,clinch,potshot,rinse,repeat. No thanks! Havent paid for a ppv floyd fight since `09 when he was truly great. Then he became a cherry picking ,wife beating coward and i lost all respect for him. Now hes raised some serious red flags and it might turn out hes been a cheat. Cant wait for him to retire,good riddance!

Reaction Score
Run,clinch,potshot,rinse,repeat. No thanks! Havent paid for a ppv floyd fight since `09 when he was truly great. Then he became a cherry picking ,wife beating coward and i lost all respect for him. Now hes raised some serious red flags and it might turn out hes been a cheat. Cant wait for him to retire,good riddance!

This has been Floyd's shtick since way before 09. He is the most talented current boxer, and he is going to fight guys who can't beat him, and he is going to fight them in a way in which they can't touch him. The one thing he has going for him is that he is so detestable that we are going to watch, in hope that he loses. He is an amazing business man - he is going to retire with over 500 million in winnings and has never been in real danger and will have none of the injuries that old boxers have. The funny thing is that he grinded anonymously for over a decade as a pro while beating the sh.. out of people while being quiet and made no real money until he realized that he was in show business.

Reaction Score
This has been Floyd's shtick since way before 09. He is the most talented current boxer, and he is going to fight guys who can't beat him, and he is going to fight them in a way in which they can't touch him. The one thing he has going for him is that he is so detestable that we are going to watch, in hope that he loses. He is an amazing business man - he is going to retire with over 500 million in winnings and has never been in real danger and will have none of the injuries that old boxers have. The funny thing is that he grinded anonymously for over a decade as a pro while beating the sh.. out of people while being quiet and made no real money until he realized that he was in show business.
You mean until Al Haymon told him he was in show business. Floyd is not the sharpest tool in the shed and is not this "great businessman". Al Haymon is the brains of the operation. He is the author of Floyds super success without a doubt.

Reaction Score
You mean until Al Haymon told him he was in show business. Floyd is not the sharpest tool in the shed and is not this "great businessman". Al Haymon is the brains of the operation. He is the author of Floyds super success without a doubt.

Floyd might not be sharp book wise but to say he isn't a smart businessman or in the ring is ridiculous. He takes zero punishment physically, talks a lot of trash and has charisma. He knows more about marketing than just about anyone. He makes the $ he does because of his business acumen, not because he's an exciting fighter. He's boring as hell.

Reaction Score
Floyd might not be sharp book wise but to say he isn't a smart businessman or in the ring is ridiculous. He takes zero punishment physically, talks a lot of trash and has charisma. He knows more about marketing than just about anyone. He makes the $ he does because of his business acumen, not because he's an exciting fighter. He's boring as hell.
I didnt say anything about in the ring as hes proven to be a smart fighter in the ring but i firmly stand by my statement about how Al Haymon not Floyd is the brains of the operation. Its true. I was a huge floyd fan back in the day and followed his career from the beginning and i saw how things fell apart with Bob Arum and Floyd linked up with Al Haymon and all of a sudden he was this brash cocky flamboyant fighter. It was a complete 180 seemingly over night.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
link to fight can be found on Facebook, Boxeo Tiajuna

Reaction Score

Agree completely one of the best ever at boxing and making $$$$$$$$.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom