OT: maybe with an on-topic implication...Magarity family | The Boneyard

OT: maybe with an on-topic implication...Magarity family

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
We know that Army's coach is the well respected Dave Magarity. The family is delightfully basketball-centric and that even extends to Europe [Sweden] where his brother lives. One of Dave's nephews is Billy Magarity...a 6'10" dude who is entering Boston College as a frosh this year. He also had interest in Temple, Baylor and Southern Cal....I don't know if he had offers from those schools.

On-topic musings; Billy has a younger sister....Regan. She is a 6'2" combo forward who was the youngest and best player on the Swedish 16U team a couple of years ago...they were a middling Euro squad. Regan is now 17 and I believe she would be considered a senior this coming year.

I wonder if she has interest in coming to the USA for college....academics and basketball?
Maybe playing close to her older brother? As in real close...at BC? As in fairly close....somewhere else in New England? I don't really know the level of her current ability or her potential....but she might be someone to keep an eye on should her name pop up in recruiting articles.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Magarity had offers from Temple and Seton Hall. (He's the second Magarity to play at Boston College - his cousin, Maureen, played for BC a decade ago.)

Read the whole article....you'll get a kick out of the ending.

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
Fishy...thank for that great article....lots of fascinating stuff. Your presence on this board
is a combo of curious, delightful and disturbing.

Giving away the ending that Fishy refers to: Regan Magarity wants to come to UConn!

BTW: Billy's cousin [Maureen Magarity] is head coach at New Hampshire. She did attend BC as noted but
transferred to hometown Marist. I actually saw her play in Glens Falls in the NYS high school championships when she was an excellent inside player at Lady of Lourdes....whose coach at that time is now the HC at Marist [Brian DeGeorgis]....he also assisted Sherri Coale at the World University Championships this past summer....Bria/KML et al.

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
Nice way to end the article.

I chatted with Maureen at a WBCA meeting a couple years ago, and now try to follow the team.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Well written article. A good amount of information included in the article.

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
I didn't check that article carefully enough. It was written 3 years ago....I wonder if Regan's choice of college has changed.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
I haven't heard that Regan will be playing in the states. One of her teammates on her club team, Paulina Hersler, will be playing for UCLA in the upcoming season.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Fishy...thank for that great article....lots of fascinating stuff. Your presence on this board
is a combo of curious, delightful and disturbing.

Giving away the ending that Fishy refers to: Regan Magarity wants to come to UConn!

BTW: Billy's cousin [Maureen Magarity] is head coach at New Hampshire. She did attend BC as noted but
transferred to hometown Marist. I actually saw her play in Glens Falls in the NYS high school championships when she was an excellent inside player at Lady of Lourdes....whose coach at that time is now the HC at Marist [Brian DeGeorgis]....he also assisted Sherri Coale at the World University Championships this past summer....Bria/KML et al.

First off, I want it noted that I am indeed delightful.

I had Marist season tickets when I was in junior high and had them through Dave Magarity's early years when he had a front court of Rik Smits, Miroslav Pecarski and Rudy Bougarel. I haven't gone to a game since they fired him. (Classic case of a low-to-mid major forgetting who they are.)

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
I've been following Magarity, Maureen since she took over N.H. She's done a nice job....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom