OT (maybe) - Emeka's status | The Boneyard

OT (maybe) - Emeka's status

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Hey all, I've seen a lot of postings about our guys NBA status this year, but I havent heard an update about Emeka in a while. Last I heard, the neck or back problem that kept him benched all last year was done with and half the NBA was clamoring for his services. I cant seem to find any updated diagnoses or stories about who he's met with or anything.

What's going on with the big genius?

Reaction Score
Hey all, I've seen a lot of postings about our guys NBA status this year, but I havent heard an update about Emeka in a while. Last I heard, the neck or back problem that kept him benched all last year was done with and half the NBA was clamoring for his services. I cant seem to find any updated diagnoses or stories about who he's met with or anything.

What's going on with the big genius?

He won't play until mid-season most likely. Teams are interested but it will still be a while before he suits up again.

Reaction Score
I read recently that the Heat are eyeing him. In the article I read it stated that he is recovering from back problems. 2015 (1st quarter) is the projected return date if all goes well.

Reaction Score
Ooh the Heat could definitely use him, very thin front line. I wouldn't mind seeing some Mek and Bazz buddy ball

Reaction Score
Ooh the Heat could definitely use him, very thin front line. I wouldn't mind seeing some Mek and Bazz buddy ball
If the heat had a healthy Emeka last year they would have won again.
On another note what kind of shape could he be in? He will be out for two years.

Dynasty

Never not member
Reaction Score
On another note what kind of shape could he be in? He will be out for two years.

No, they wouldn't have. The Spurs were running circles around them.

Reaction Score

I bet he's in fine physical shape, the guy's a man-beast. His injury issue kept him from playing basketball professionally because theres a ton of contact as a big man, but I'm sure he was able to get cardio workouts in and probably lift weights too. Maybe he ends up enjoying life away from the game and has enough money to live well and he moves on to something else. Could definitely see him doing that

Reaction Score
Tough to immediately re-create the income that the NBA can provide, so I'd guess he keeps trying until he hears no. Post career I think UConn fan's optimistic projections for Emeka might come to fruition even moreso than his NBA career.

Also nice to see Ben Gordon with a good game last night (7/12. 22pts, 4 dimes). Notwithstanding the contract he got (2 or 3yrs?), Ben is at a do-or-die point of his career. Orlando might not be the ideal situation for his skillset, but hopefully Ben stays a good citizen, performs well and gets traded to a true contender so we get to see him microwave up in the playoffs this season.

ON other end of spectrum I watched the first 10 minutes of Clippers v Thunder and Andre Roberson hit a couple shots and took the ball to the basket converting while initiating and taking contact. Plus was starting and played 35 mins mostly for his D. Exactly what Lamb's (injured right now) game has lacked.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger