OT: Mavs Targeting Kemba? | The Boneyard

OT: Mavs Targeting Kemba?

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Kemba doesn’t remotely match the timeline of Zinger and Luca.

But I’m not sure what the mavs would do with the cap space anyway.

Reaction Score
I think the timeline issue is overrated. KP and Luka are good enough that the t eam is ready to win now, regardless of their age. They will get 3-4 great years from Kemba and then move in a new direction. What's their other option? Wait for a 22 year old max player to become available? Seems impossible.

Reaction Score
I think the timeline issue is overrated. KP and Luka are good enough that the t eam is ready to win now, regardless of their age. They will get 3-4 great years from Kemba and then move in a new direction. What's their other option? Wait for a 22 year old max player to become available? Seems impossible.

Agreed. Luka is ahead of his age by virtue of his EuroLeague experience and next year will be Kristaps' 5th in the league.

Reaction Score
Well the “Walker Texas Ranger” thing would fit perfectly at that point
It’s a massive franchise upgrade. Charlotte just never made the moves. And what’s worse than being bad? Not being bad enough (see Philly and the clippers of old). No great pick positions

Reaction Score
It’s a massive franchise upgrade. Charlotte just never made the moves. And what’s worse than being bad? Not being bad enough (see Philly and the clippers of old). No great pick positions
It’s been hard to be at the bottom of the East for a while now lol

Reaction Score
I have no idea what Kemba is going to do. By all accounts, he loves Charlotte, he really feels it is his home and he even mentors a few kids there.

But he has no talent around him, bad contracts, and I'm sure he wants to win. Also, as much as I love Kemba, it may not be the smartest thing for the Hornets to give him him a max contract. They are a team that would be better off bottoming out and going into full tank mode.

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
Charlotte not making a move at the deadline was head scratching. They are in desperate need of quality bigs and a few more guards. They have no depth at guard behind Kemba and they have 4 below average centers on their roster who are neither the Drummond type big or the new age “stretch” center. They also have stash of wing players that are not anything special. Essentially, the hornets are what their record says they are. A below average NBA team with a (mostly) below average pool of players.

If they want to keep kemba they need a compete roster overhaul.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom