OT: Matt Harvey Asks New Yorkers About Matt Harvey | The Boneyard

OT: Matt Harvey Asks New Yorkers About Matt Harvey

Status
Not open for further replies.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Good stuff.

That's about 300 feet from my office building. Could have been me looking like a doofus (although I'm guessing they only grabbed Mets fans).

Reaction Score
Wish he attended UConn like his father, who played baseball and football for us and went to the 1972 College World Series.

Parents, Ed & Jackie, were very good friends of ours. Jackie was Matron of Honor at our wedding, Sept. 1971. Ed would have been part of the the wedding, but had left for Kentucky for football practice (Murray State). Didn't like the school, so turned around and came back to CT and enrolled at UConn. We all lived next to each other after our weddings (they were married a month before us), off of RT 195 on Foster Drive while the four of us finished up at UConn. After playing baseball & football at UC, Ed went onto coaching at his old H.S., Fitch in Groton.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
He's the only thing worth rooting for on the Mets this year. Love this guy so much. Can't wait to see him start the All-Star Game tonight.

UConnSportsGuy

Addicted to all things UCONN!
Reaction Score
Harvey is an absoulte stud.

It really is amazing how much talent came out of CT in a few year period. Harvey, Olt, Springer, Pollock, Mazzilli, Barnes, Esposito are all elite talents that came out of CT high schools within a couple years of each other.

Reaction Score
For a small state CT. puts out some seriously great athletes. Harvey and Puig are the two biggest stories in baseball this year. Harvey has all the makings of a superstar and dare I say all-time great. I know it's early but he has devastating stuff and what separates him is his nastiness/competitiveness and the way he carries himself.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Harvey is an absoulte stud.

It really is amazing how much talent came out of CT in a few year period. Harvey, Olt, Springer, Pollock, Mazzilli, Barnes, Esposito are all elite talents that came out of CT high schools within a couple years of each other.

Springer looks like he's gonna be a stud.

Reaction Score
Springer is absolutely tearing up the minors and should be brought up soon. He is a 5 tool player and a stud.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
As long as you pretend David Wright doesn't exist.

That's fair, although the offense has still been garbage even with his tremendous year.

babysheep

Rocky
Reaction Score
For a small state CT. puts out some seriously great athletes. Harvey and Puig are the two biggest stories in baseball this year. Harvey has all the makings of a superstar and dare I say all-time great. I know it's early but he has devastating stuff and what separates him is his nastiness/competitiveness and the way he carries himself.
Seriously, imagine if the Mets had some hitting...

Reaction Score
Being a mets fan i was pretty embarrassed by those "fans" and i thought Harvey did a great job and seemed very natural and comfortable. Seems like a really good kid who should represent the mets proudly on and off the field for years to come. I hope to see him win some cy young awards and a world series title or two over his career.
With Harvey,Wheeler in the bigs and Syndergaard who is said to be another stud moving quickly through the minors at just the age 20 the mets future looks very very bright as far as pitching.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

Definitely way too early. Injuries play a big factor in who gets to be an all time great. I've seen too many guys fall by the wayside due to injury, eg Prior or Wood and who knows about someone like Strasburg.

Also, pitchers have a strange thing where they can just lose their ability to locate as well. The only thing that matters in MLB is location; can't win consistently without it. Stuff is a dime a dozen, so is gas, but location is a bit more rare of a commodity. Maddux made a hall o fame career out of location.

Nice pitcher, but there's been a whole lot more "next all time greats" than there have been "all time greats". The Mets have had a number of both.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom