OT: Masters finish - amazing stuff | The Boneyard

OT: Masters finish - amazing stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
I really like both of these players and have for a number of years. The level of golf that these two displayed near the end of regulation and then the playoff was truly spectacular, easily in keeping with the best the Masters has to offer.

Hats off to Adam Scott for purging the demons and bringing home not only the green jacket but his first major championship as well. And also to Angel Cabrera....a player who, when the tournament hangs in the balance, is simply bold and unafraid to win. (Many players are afraid to step forward under the pressure.) You could see it in every single putt, drive, iron and chip he hit over his last 5 holes. Simply stunning.

Adam Scott: Finally the Victor!

Angel Cabrera: Strong like Bull !

h_scott_20130414h2132AA.jpg

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
The finish did something I thought unlikely...overshadowing the Tiger controversy. Great stuff by both players....and great sportsmanship
by winner and loser.

The 'overshadowing' was greatly aided by Tiger not winning which somewhat defused the penalty and what he should/should not have done.

Next up: U.S. Open in June at Merion...a wonderful olde-tyme course...hope it gives the players a real battle despite being a bit shorter than most Open courses.
About 25 years ago I had a friend who qualified for the U.S. Am held at Merion that year. I drove down to Philly to see him play in part but also to walk the course....got to see tons of history.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
The finish did something I thought unlikely...overshadowing the Tiger controversy. Great stuff by both players....and great sportsmanship
by winner and loser.

The 'overshadowing' was greatly aided by Tiger not winning which somewhat defused the penalty and what he should/should not have done.

Next up: U.S. Open in June at Merion...a wonderful olde-tyme course...hope it gives the players a real battle despite being a bit shorter than most Open courses.
About 25 years ago I had a friend who qualified for the U.S. Am held at Merion that year. I drove down to Philly to see him play in part but also to walk the course....got to see tons of history.

Love those little "basket-style" flagsticks, or whatever it is they use (not flags). I hope Merion stays on the rotation for years to come - it's a short course and I suppose there's only so much length they can add. Not really sure, though.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Love those little "basket-style" flagsticks, or whatever it is they use (not flags). I hope Merion stays on the rotation for years to come - it's a short course and I suppose there's only so much length they can add. Not really sure, though.
One of my favorite courses. Looks like it was invaded by a Lacrosse team who replaced the pins with their sticks.

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
by winner and loser.

Blake - Here's a Tim Dahlberg article about Woods and this Masters. It pretty much says what I thought about Woods and the controversy. More important though is the last paragraph. I think that's the memory most golf fans will have.

Reaction Score
The rules committe did not disqualify Tiger Woods, why in the world should he disqualify himself? The penalty for an incorrect drop is two strokes. No more, no less. And there are some who believe that the divot from which he is alleged to have created with his third shot was actually always there. The television camera angles changed while the still camera angle that calls the drop into question only has Tiger moving slightly to his left and exactly on line with his third shot. It is entirely possible there was no violation at all. As has been said many times, Tiger's caddie never moved from the line.

It would have been one heckuva victory if Tiger Woods had won this tournament after being assessed the two stroke penalty.

The diffusing lasted brielfy. All anyone is still talking about is the controversy. Like him or hate him, Tiger Woods is and will continue to be the top story in golf.

pinotbear

Silly Ol' Bear
Reaction Score
My understanding is, he admitted, on camera, to moving the drop 2 yards to give himself a better shot. That's not replicating his original lie to the best of his ability - it's bettering it, as he admitted, to improve his shot. He had 3 options, under the rules of golf..and, he invented a fourth because it gave him an advantage.

Reaction Score
Wow was I misled....I thought this was going to be a thread about Caroline Doty finishing her degree :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom