ot:Maryland's Diamond Stone not ejected for shoving Vito Brown's head to the floor | The Boneyard

ot:Maryland's Diamond Stone not ejected for shoving Vito Brown's head to the floor

Status
Not open for further replies.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
the refs claimed they didn't eject him because he hit the Wisky guy with an open hand and not a fist!!!!
What kind of reasoning was that?
And they called a technical on a Wisky guy for going after Stone!!
You just can't make this stuff up

Reaction Score
And absolutely no mention of it in the ESPN recaps. No mention of the occurrence of double-Ts.

Reaction Score
the refs claimed they didn't eject him because he hit the Wisky guy with an open hand and not a fist!!!!
What kind of reasoning was that?
And they called a technical on a Wisky guy for going after Stone!!
You just can't make this stuff up
See Sellers, Rod. Re: Laettner's head.

Reaction Score
What am I supposed to look for?
I couldn't see a video clip on the one above, so I've attached one here. The action begins at about the 0:25 mark.

Was it an open hand or mostly closed? Does it matter if the intensity is similar and the guy's head hits the floor?

Reaction Score
I couldn't see a video clip on the one above, so I've attached one here. The action begins at about the 0:25 mark.

Was it an open hand or mostly closed? Does it matter if the intensity is similar and the guy's head hits the floor?

Both looked similar to me, and the ncaa screwed Rod.

Reaction Score
And absolutely no mention of it in the ESPN recaps. No mention of the occurrence of double-Ts.

Caught it on CBS. No one there could figure how how he did not get ejected and noted that if the B1G suspends him after the fact, the referees should be suspended also.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
I'd let the kid smack my head to the floor if it meant he'd play here. Then again, he'd probably get benched for Nolan.

Reaction Score
Who Sellers fouled vs who Stone fouled

Touching a Duke player in any way, including imaginary, is a capital offense in the mind of the NCAA. UConn was lucky not to have the entire team suspended for a year.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Kudos to Maryland for doing what the refs couldn't or wouldn't - they took punitive action. Stone suspended for next game by the university
Probably against a stiff but still, they took action

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Kudos to Maryland for doing what the refs couldn't or wouldn't - they took punitive action. Stone suspended for next game by the university

That's what he would have gotten for getting tossed, so it was the right move.

Reaction Score
Yeah go figure he'll be missing the Minnesota game, who is in a race to the bottom of the B1G with Rutgers. 6-19, winless in conference.

He'll be back for Michigan of course.

Reaction Score
It was a cheap shot but the kid has moxie. I think Enoch has some of that but we won't be finding out this year.

caw

Reaction Score
Yeah go figure he'll be missing the Minnesota game, who is in a race to the bottom of the B1G with Rutgers. 6-19, winless in conference.

He'll be back for Michigan of course.

Richard Pitino is awesome...errr

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member