OT: Mark Titus on Boeheim | The Boneyard

OT: Mark Titus on Boeheim

Reaction Score
Uses one of the best lines ever:

If Carmelo hadn’t carried him to that title, Boeheim would be thought of as an average coach who stayed at one school forever. Tyler Olander won more national championships in four years as a player than Boeheim has in 40-plus years as a coach. It’s frankly insulting to even mention him in the same breath as the TRUE all-time coaching greats.

I love Mark Titus and think he is a great writer and personality. His new Boeheim piece is a great read.

Jim Boeheim Is the Greatest Coach Who Never Fit the Part

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Boeheim has a tough legacy to figure.

On the thin-skinned thing...yeah, well, find a coach who isn’t thin-skinned. You can’t.

Is he a great coach? Yes.

But if you were drafting from the pool of great coaches, when you get to Boeheim? Probably with one of the very last picks.

Lots of pluses and lots of minuses.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
He's a legend in upstate New York - that is it
Even that image has been tarnished greatly in the past 6 years
If it weren't for the Dome - he wouldn't recruit or I should say attract crap

Reaction Score
Boeheim has a tough legacy to figure.

On the thin-skinned thing...yeah, well, find a coach who isn’t thin-skinned. You can’t.

Is he a great coach? Yes.

But if you were drafting from the pool of great coaches, when you get to Boeheim? Probably with one of the very last picks.

Lots of pluses and lots of minuses.
Boeheim was hated earlier in his career for being an incessant whiner. The years around Carmelo he seemed to lighten up with winnig the championship and for a second I even found him somewhat likable. Since then he has gone back to being an insufferable whiner. A lot of coaches are thin-skinned but Boeheim is the biggest touchhole around.

Reaction Score
Uses one of the best lines ever:

If Carmelo hadn’t carried him to that title, Boeheim would be thought of as an average coach who stayed at one school forever. Tyler Olander won more national championships in four years as a player than Boeheim has in 40-plus years as a coach. It’s frankly insulting to even mention him in the same breath as the TRUE all-time coaching greats.

I love Mark Titus and think he is a great writer and personality. His new Boeheim piece is a great read.

Jim Boeheim Is the Greatest Coach Who Never Fit the Part
I don’t know about you guys but I still get iratated when JC is not mentioned with the best of all time, especially in an article about his longest adversary where Tyler is mentioned.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I don’t know about you guys but I still get iratated when JC is not mentioned with the best of all time, especially in an article about his longest adversary where Tyler is mentioned.

Except he was: The qualities that are associated with great head coaches have been passed down through the generations, and seem to be more learned than they are innate. (One notably great coach who hasn’t been linked to an accomplished mentor is three-time Connecticut national champion Jim Calhoun, who had a unique reputation and personality and only helps in proving the point that fitting the mold of a traditional college basketball coach is a cultivated skill.)

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
What players does he have in the league right now?

ElGuapo

What does that mean, in-famous?
Reaction Score
Coach Jim Boeheim has recently made a number of people very, very angry, including me. However, as anger serves no function in a successful rebuttal, I will simply state objectively that the simplicity and prejudice of Coach Boeheim's worldview, that his reports won't be used for political retribution, leads Coach Boeheim to shrink the so-called marketplace of ideas down to convenience-store size. For complete details, I refer you to my forthcoming book on the subject. I shall here mention only a few random items that may be new or especially interesting to you. For instance, his propaganda factories continuously spew forth messages like, “It's okay if Coach Boeheim's reportages initially cause our quality of life to degrade because 'sometime', 'someone' will do 'something' 'somehow' to counteract that trend” and, “Coach Boeheim has an absolute right to be intolerant in the name of tolerance”. What they don't tell you, though, is that Coach Boeheim recently went through an isolationism phase in which he tried repeatedly to infantilize and corrupt the public. In fact, I'm not convinced that this phase of his has entirely passed. My evidence is that before Coach Boeheim initiated a totalitarianism flap to help promote his detestable activities, people everywhere were expected to help people break free of his cycle of oppression. Nowadays, it's the rare person indeed who realizes that Coach Boeheim's double standards are not pedantic treatises expressing theories or extravaganzas dealing in fables or fancies. They are substantial, sober outpourings from the very soul of onanism.

Quite some time ago, Coach Boeheim called a group of highly respected, dignified people, “unrealistic slanderers” just because they refused to join his polity. He avers that such childish insults don't represent who he really is. I feel that it's clear to anyone who heard Coach Boeheim say such things that they represent exactly who he is. It is also clear that if he doesn't like it here, then perhaps he should go elsewhere.

Let's be frank: Coach Boeheim has been trying to convince us that he exudes gentleness and peace. This pathetic attempt to exercise control through indirect coercion or through psychological pressure or manipulation deserves no comment other than to say that the devastation caused by Coach Boeheim's sound bites is entropic, but it does not have to be inevitable. That is, if we are vigilant in providing a trenchant analysis of his wisecracks we will be able to sway people towards the realization that we should use our words to create understanding and progress, not hatred and division. For the benefit of any doubting Thomases I will prove that point via an explanation of how Coach Boeheim recently stated that a plausible excuse is a satisfactory substitute for performance. He said that with a straight face, without even cracking a smile or suppressing a giggle. He said it as if he meant it. That's scary because he commonly appoints ineffective people to important positions. He then ensures that these people stay in those positions because that makes it easy for him to impose his prejudices on the public.

All kidding aside, people often get the impression that mudslinging moral weaklings and Coach Boeheim's flunkies are separate entities. Not so. When one catches cold, the other sneezes. As proof, note that instead of taking the easy path in life, the downward path, we must choose the upward path regardless of the pain, suffering, and sacrifice that this choice entails. Only then can we finally build an inclusive, nondiscriminatory movement for social and political change. Yes, Coach Boeheim will try to stop us by pouring a few drops of wormwood into our general enthusiasm, but he wants to shatter and ultimately destroy our most precious possessions. Why he wants that, I don't know, but that's what he wants. I've run into some distressing examples of confirmation bias among Coach Boeheim's cheerleaders. For instance, they believe that it's okay to do anything and everything needed to further Coach Boeheim's loquacious cause. Interestingly, though, they fail to notice that whenever Coach Boeheim hears that boisterous, oppugnant punks are parlaying personal and political conspiracy theories into a multimillion-dollar financial empire, Coach Boeheim puts on his usual kabuki of feigned outrage. In private, however, he secretly supports such activities. Even worse, Coach Boeheim has long been creating division in the name of diversity. This is the day that such evils must come to an end. I have been warned that to take such a stand would obscure my main message, but I act based on what I think is right, not who I think is right. That's why I try always to speak truth to power. It's also why I say that he's the impresario of his cullionly philippics and is therefore the one who alone sets the tone for his drones. That tone has been hostile, provocative, and crude. It's what highlights the fact that if we don't do something soon, Coach Boeheim's shallow, volage-brained smear tactics will rise like a golem with a million hands on a million throats to choke the honor out of decent, hardworking people.

Coach Boeheim truly believes that we'll be moved by some heartfelt words on the glories of statism. I hope you realize that that's just a cocky pipe dream from a vain pipe and that in the real world, whenever Coach Boeheim is presented with the truth, he cringes like a vampire from a cross,—and Coach Boeheim knows it. In general, the cry of “bigot” is raised mostly by bigots. Sure, there are exceptions, but he has already been shockingly successful at needling and wheedling acrimonious mumpsimuses into his den of thieves. What's worse is that he has even more tyrannical plans in the works. We therefore really need to gird ourselves for a frightening future. To begin doing so, let me remind you that the poisonous wine of ultraism had been distilled long before Coach Boeheim entered the scene. Coach Boeheim is merely the agent decanting the poisonous fluid from its bottle into the jug that is world humanity. In closing, all that I ask is that you join me to stop Coach Jim Boeheim and change the world for the better.

Reaction Score
Coach Jim Boeheim has recently made a number of people very, very angry, including me. However, as anger serves no function in a successful rebuttal, I will simply state objectively that the simplicity and prejudice of Coach Boeheim's worldview, that his reports won't be used for political retribution, leads Coach Boeheim to shrink the so-called marketplace of ideas down to convenience-store size. For complete details, I refer you to my forthcoming book on the subject. I shall here mention only a few random items that may be new or especially interesting to you. For instance, his propaganda factories continuously spew forth messages like, “It's okay if Coach Boeheim's reportages initially cause our quality of life to degrade because 'sometime', 'someone' will do 'something' 'somehow' to counteract that trend” and, “Coach Boeheim has an absolute right to be intolerant in the name of tolerance”. What they don't tell you, though, is that Coach Boeheim recently went through an isolationism phase in which he tried repeatedly to infantilize and corrupt the public. In fact, I'm not convinced that this phase of his has entirely passed. My evidence is that before Coach Boeheim initiated a totalitarianism flap to help promote his detestable activities, people everywhere were expected to help people break free of his cycle of oppression. Nowadays, it's the rare person indeed who realizes that Coach Boeheim's double standards are not pedantic treatises expressing theories or extravaganzas dealing in fables or fancies. They are substantial, sober outpourings from the very soul of onanism.

Quite some time ago, Coach Boeheim called a group of highly respected, dignified people, “unrealistic slanderers” just because they refused to join his polity. He avers that such childish insults don't represent who he really is. I feel that it's clear to anyone who heard Coach Boeheim say such things that they represent exactly who he is. It is also clear that if he doesn't like it here, then perhaps he should go elsewhere.

Let's be frank: Coach Boeheim has been trying to convince us that he exudes gentleness and peace. This pathetic attempt to exercise control through indirect coercion or through psychological pressure or manipulation deserves no comment other than to say that the devastation caused by Coach Boeheim's sound bites is entropic, but it does not have to be inevitable. That is, if we are vigilant in providing a trenchant analysis of his wisecracks we will be able to sway people towards the realization that we should use our words to create understanding and progress, not hatred and division. For the benefit of any doubting Thomases I will prove that point via an explanation of how Coach Boeheim recently stated that a plausible excuse is a satisfactory substitute for performance. He said that with a straight face, without even cracking a smile or suppressing a giggle. He said it as if he meant it. That's scary because he commonly appoints ineffective people to important positions. He then ensures that these people stay in those positions because that makes it easy for him to impose his prejudices on the public.

All kidding aside, people often get the impression that mudslinging moral weaklings and Coach Boeheim's flunkies are separate entities. Not so. When one catches cold, the other sneezes. As proof, note that instead of taking the easy path in life, the downward path, we must choose the upward path regardless of the pain, suffering, and sacrifice that this choice entails. Only then can we finally build an inclusive, nondiscriminatory movement for social and political change. Yes, Coach Boeheim will try to stop us by pouring a few drops of wormwood into our general enthusiasm, but he wants to shatter and ultimately destroy our most precious possessions. Why he wants that, I don't know, but that's what he wants. I've run into some distressing examples of confirmation bias among Coach Boeheim's cheerleaders. For instance, they believe that it's okay to do anything and everything needed to further Coach Boeheim's loquacious cause. Interestingly, though, they fail to notice that whenever Coach Boeheim hears that boisterous, oppugnant punks are parlaying personal and political conspiracy theories into a multimillion-dollar financial empire, Coach Boeheim puts on his usual kabuki of feigned outrage. In private, however, he secretly supports such activities. Even worse, Coach Boeheim has long been creating division in the name of diversity. This is the day that such evils must come to an end. I have been warned that to take such a stand would obscure my main message, but I act based on what I think is right, not who I think is right. That's why I try always to speak truth to power. It's also why I say that he's the impresario of his cullionly philippics and is therefore the one who alone sets the tone for his drones. That tone has been hostile, provocative, and crude. It's what highlights the fact that if we don't do something soon, Coach Boeheim's shallow, volage-brained smear tactics will rise like a golem with a million hands on a million throats to choke the honor out of decent, hardworking people.

Coach Boeheim truly believes that we'll be moved by some heartfelt words on the glories of statism. I hope you realize that that's just a cocky pipe dream from a vain pipe and that in the real world, whenever Coach Boeheim is presented with the truth, he cringes like a vampire from a cross,—and Coach Boeheim knows it. In general, the cry of “bigot” is raised mostly by bigots. Sure, there are exceptions, but he has already been shockingly successful at needling and wheedling acrimonious mumpsimuses into his den of thieves. What's worse is that he has even more tyrannical plans in the works. We therefore really need to gird ourselves for a frightening future. To begin doing so, let me remind you that the poisonous wine of ultraism had been distilled long before Coach Boeheim entered the scene. Coach Boeheim is merely the agent decanting the poisonous fluid from its bottle into the jug that is world humanity. In closing, all that I ask is that you join me to stop Coach Jim Boeheim and change the world for the better.
Holy crap...

Reaction Score

Embrace brevity

Reaction Score
1480995950621.jpg

Reaction Score
What they don't tell you, though, is that Coach Boeheim recently went through an isolationism phase in which he tried repeatedly to infantilize and corrupt the public.
Dude. I love me some Faulkner and Melville, on occasion, so I'm not adverse to thick prose. But you're talking about a basketball coach. He's trying to "corrupt" the public?
I just don't think that many basketball fans will want to wade through a book's worth of waist deep verbiage . . . about a college basketball coach.
Notwithstanding that thought, I do wish you the best of luck.

Reaction Score
Dude. I love me some Faulkner and Melville, on occasion, so I'm not adverse to thick prose. But you're talking about a basketball coach. He's trying to "corrupt" the public?
I just don't think that many basketball fans will want to wade through a book's worth of waist deep verbiage . . . about a college basketball coach.
Notwithstanding that thought, I do wish you the best of luck.

#hottake:

Faulkner>Hemingway

pj

Reaction Score

I can't be troubled to Google this, but it reads like you took some political diatribe and replaced the name of some government leader with Coach Boeheim.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chino323

Top Bottom