OT Lynx Sparks | The Boneyard

OT Lynx Sparks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
Wow, what a game!

When's the last time a team had a 17–0 scoring run and lost?

That three by Parker was incredible, I thought it was going to be the game winner

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
I thought sure they would run a play for Candace, given the game she was having. Not sure why they didn't.

Reaction Score
I think they did. I think the plan was for Parker to set the pick, then Beard to pass it to her as the defense switched. But when MN double-team Beard, they blocked off the pass back to CP.

Olde Coach

Rip, Olde Coach
Reaction Score
I think they did. I think the plan was for Parker to set the pick, then Beard to pass it to her as the defense switched. But when MN double-team Beard, they blocked off the pass back to CP.

Brunson played great defense on Beard -- forcing her to her right -- all the way to the baseline.

Brunson is a superb player. She should be on the National Team.

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
Brunson played great defense on Beard -- forcing her to her right -- all the way to the baseline.

She has been a beast especially towards the end of the season and these playoffs. I like her game a lot, and her game face, too!

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score

She sure is - she also got right up in LJ's face and made her final shot a tough one the other night.

Sparks have a ton of talent but not enough differentiation among skillsets, especially in the backcourt. Minny has talent but also has a better set of complementary players who are very different in what they do well.

wire chief

Testmeister
Reaction Score
One thinks Brunson, sans the fouls, would have had Minny pulling away.

Reaction Score
She sure is - she also got right up in LJ's face and made her final shot a tough one the other night.

Sparks have a ton of talent but not enough differentiation among skillsets, especially in the backcourt. Minny has talent but also has a better set of complementary players who are very different in what they do well.

It sounds good, but I do not have a clue as to what you are talking about here.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
It sounds good, but I do not have a clue as to what you are talking about here.

I mean that, IMO, they have a lot of talented, athletic players but not enough people who are really good at different roles. Obviously the different players still have their own strengths/weaknesses etc., like Beard with her defense, Toliver with her Vinnie the Microwave offense, and CP3 who can do almost anything.

But on Minny's team I see people with much more distinct roles and skills. Whalen, Augustus and Wiggins are completely different types of players, with different skills. Brunson is also a pretty unique player on her team. Maya brings a bit of everything but is particularly unmistakeable for what she can do in transition, which is very special in the WNBA, much less on the Lynx, and from 3 when the team really needs a big bucket.

I am probably still not expressing my thought very well -- maybe I should have followed Nan's general advice and left it unexpressed ...:p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom