OT: Lucas Davenport | The Boneyard

OT: Lucas Davenport

Reaction Score
John Sandford is one of my favorite authors and I have been reading his “Prey” series, featuring Lucas Davenport, for years. I’ve read most of the books in the series. Lucas is one bad dude (detective) with an interesting story line. In the latest book (Golden Prey) one of the main characters is one pretty cool and tall female US Marshall. Her name is Rae Givens. She is no joke and as she was giving Lucas a little of her background, she said she was a decent college basketball player that played at... guess where? Yep, UConn! I know it’s fiction but, nonetheless pretty cool when you see that in the book of a famous author.

Reaction Score
I have read every one of his books..... Rae Givens has appeared before, and always with the background nugget that she played hoops for our Huskies!

Reaction Score
If she's tall she did not play for UConn...fiction indeed. :D

Reaction Score
In addition to the Lucas Davenport novels he also features two other characters with their own stories. One is another U.S. Marshall, Virgil Flowers and the second one is Joe Kidd, a computer expert, painter and con artist.
Great light reading for anyone.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Is this some kind of NCAA violation? Better get the Tennessee folks to do some investigating. :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
John Sandford is one of my favorite authors and I have been reading his “Prey” series, featuring Lucas Davenport, for years. I’ve read most of the books in the series. Lucas is one bad dude (detective) with an interesting story line. In the latest book (Golden Prey) one of the main characters is one pretty cool and tall female US Marshall. Her name is Rae Givens. She is no joke and as she was giving Lucas a little of her background, she said she was a decent college basketball player that played at... guess where? Yep, UConn! I know it’s fiction but, nonetheless pretty cool when you see that in the book of a famous author.

OK, so which actress gets the role of playing Rae when this is converted into a made for TV Netflix series? And most importantly, who plays Geno?

Reaction Score
OK, so which actress gets the role of playing Rae when this is converted into a made for TV Netflix series? And most importantly, who plays Geno?
Swim Cash and Josh Brolin. He’s a spitting image of Geno!

Reaction Score
In addition to the Lucas Davenport novels he also features two other characters with their own stories. One is another U.S. Marshall, Virgil Flowers and the second one is Joe Kidd, a computer expert, painter and con artist.
Great light reading for anyone.

Glad to see so many fans of John Sandford's books. I also noticed the UConn connection. For my money the Virgil Flowers series is best if only for the belly laughs the books conjure. If you haven't tried Sandford, give him a go.

BlueDolphin

Playful Mammal
Reaction Score
I like Virgil Flowers too. How can you not like a detective who drives around Minnesota on his cases with a fishing boat in tow? :)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom