OT - Lost, Crying In Rentschler Field Parking Lot | Page 4 | The Boneyard

OT - Lost, Crying In Rentschler Field Parking Lot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
... and there is not a 5 year old on earth that thinks of traffic while leaving a major sporting event!!!

When I see uconn fans fleeing to the exits mid-game to beat the Christmas rush, I swear to god I'm going to be picturing this little West Hartford kid. It's almost like he's on some kind of fast-track uconn fan training program. Next on the syllabus is DOWN IN FRONT on 3rd downs.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
When I see uconn fans fleeing to the exits mid-game to beat the Christmas rush, I swear to god I'm going to be picturing this little West Hartford kid. It's almost like he's on some kind of fast-track uconn fan training program. Next on the syllabus is DOWN IN FRONT on 3rd downs.

"Down in front" reminded me of an old man in our section who kept yelling at everybody in the section to sit down. What he didn't realize was that he was the ONLY person sitting down in the entire section. At the 75 minute mark, he finally gave up, walked up to the top of the section and stood to watch the game.

Classic Connecticut fan.

Reaction Score
"Down in front" reminded me of an old man in our section who kept yelling at everybody in the section to sit down. What he didn't realize was that he was the ONLY person sitting down in the entire section. At the 75 minute mark, he finally gave up, walked up to the top of the section and stood to watch the game.

Classic Connecticut fan.

Plus by going to the top of the section he gets a jump on the crowd who hit the exits in the 3rd quarter. He's no dummy, he's obviously completed the uconn fan training syllabus.

Reaction Score
That article is ridiculous. I have gotten lost exactly once, and only because I walked down the wrong runway the first year the Rent opened.

think I did the exact same thing

Reaction Score
He acts like he forgot to bring his machete and binoculars to Rentchler. D o uche.

Reaction Score
Maybe if he didn't leave early there would have been other fans around also walking to their cars and the parking lot wouldn't have been so scary. Honestly, the place was full and if you left with everyone else there shouldn't have been anything to worry about.

Reaction Score
He acts like he forgot to bring his machete and survival kit to Rentchler. D o uche.

kind of like Rentschler Field parking as if it were Mad Max.

vehicles.jpg

SonsOfNutmeg

#TheCut #HuskyRevolution
Reaction Score
kind of like Rentschler Field parking as if it were Mad Max.

vehicles.jpg
This might be the first time that "Mad Max" has been referenced on this thing. Haha

Reaction Score
The guy admitted he was a sports writer in the past. he's used to parking right next to the doors to the press boxes and cushioned, glass enclosed seats, proverbially. He had to park with the heathens and lost his way for a whole 20 minutes. John, is absolutely right, the kid wouldn't have been upset at all, if the dad wasn't upset - and if the kid was that upset on his own, it's probably because of something else, probably like a 5 year old that is up way past bed time, outdoors, and exposed to all kinds of loud, large, environment and is on overload freaking out.

What a joke of an op-ed.

U.S.A. soccer fans. Pathetic.

In Europe, or Brazil, people die in the stands. this jack wagon can't find his car for 20 minutes.

1) The son is the soccer fan, the pansy father is a self-described Red Sox fan.
2) When did become acceptable to use one person to describe an entire fan base?

Your post is pathetic.

Reaction Score
Red Sox fan. Son is a soccer fan.

I love you guys that disparage soccer fans for being . You realize that riots in the stands are part of the soccer experience right?

Reaction Score
I love you guys that disparage soccer fans for being . You realize that riots in the stands are part of the soccer experience right?
There is a HUGE difference between European soccer fans and American soccer fans, John.

Reaction Score
Tailgate 4 hrs before the game, and 2 hrs after the game. BAM! traffic problem solved :)

Before children, that's what I used to do at old Yankee. For a 7 PM game, take the 4 to the Bronx around 5 PM. Hit Stan's where the beer is a lot cheaper than inside Yankee while. After the game, hit Stan's again, drink more beer, and wait an hour for the +50K fans to cram and wrestle their way back onto the subway. Get on the subway around 11 PM when it is still and head back to Manhattan.

Reaction Score
The guy admitted he was a sports writer in the past. he's used to parking right next to the doors to the press boxes and cushioned, glass enclosed seats, proverbially. He had to park with the heathens and lost his way for a whole 20 minutes. John, is absolutely right, the kid wouldn't have been upset at all, if the dad wasn't upset - and if the kid was that upset on his own, it's probably because of something else, probably like a 5 year old that is up way past bed time, outdoors, and exposed to all kinds of loud, large, environment and is on overload freaking out.

What a joke of an op-ed.

U.S.A. soccer fans. Pathetic.

In Europe, or Brazil, people die in the stands. this jack wagon can't find his car for 20 minutes.

1972 wants you back.

Reaction Score

I think you replied to the wrong guy.

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score

There are soccer fans and then there are US soccer fans - like comparing Green Bay Packers to Southington Midget Football Packers...

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
There are soccer fans and then there are US soccer fans - like comparing Green Bay Packers to Southington Midget Football Packers...

Except USA Soccer fans got rave reviews from all the other fans in Brazil this summer.

Reaction Score

Yeah, we're so bad that all of these other countries are now using the "I believe" chant. In any event, I'll take our fans over the hooligans you see in Europe.

US fans also travel better than any other fan base. This has been proven in 2014, 2010, the Confed Cup in 2009, and Germany 2006. We bought so many tickets for the game against Italy in Kaiserslautern that we outnumbered a country that was basically right next door.

Reaction Score
There is a HUGE difference between European soccer fans and American soccer fans, John.

Please describe a stereotypical European soccer fan. I guess that would be like describing a stereotypical European. Good luck with that one.

Reaction Score
Yeah, we're so bad that all of these other countries are now using the "I believe" chant. In any event, I'll take our fans over the hooligans you see in Europe.

US fans also travel better than any other fan base. This has been proven in 2014, 2010, the Confed Cup in 2009, and Germany 2006. We bought so many tickets for the game against Italy in Kaiserslautern that we outnumbered a country that was basically right next door.

That "I believe" chant is so European and feminine.

Reaction Score
That "I believe" chant is so European and feminine.

Yeah, it originated from the US Naval Academy, then Kansas City started using it and it caught on. Both places are really feminine and European.

Reaction Score
Yeah, it originated from the US Naval Academy, then Kansas City started using it and it caught on. Both places are really feminine and European.

I actually thought it was Utah St. basketball of all places?

Reaction Score
I actually thought it was Utah St. basketball of all places?

And San Diego State and a few others, also really feminine and European places. Here's a not so serious but serious question. Do you still own a flip phone?:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom