OT: Livin' on a Prayer | The Boneyard

OT: Livin' on a Prayer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
So I meant to say something earlier, but I sit behind the student section in 214 and there was a point sometime in the 3rd or 4th quarter when they were playing Living on a Prayer during the commercial break and after the music cut out, it literally sounded like the entire stadium was still singing it. I am no Bon Jovi fan, but I must say... that was impressive. And hilarious.

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
That was really awesome. It happened right as they completed that 50ish yard pass down the sideline that setup a field goal.

Reaction Score
That and Griffin's catch and run were the highlights of the night.

Reaction Score
I enjoyed that too. First time I recall that happening at the Rent.

Reaction Score
Less DJ Dogpound and more spontaneous positive audience participation is always a good thing.

Reaction Score
Many of us grew up in the 80s. Bon Jovi sucks. I am into heavier stuff. Black Sabbath minimum.

"Welcome to the Jungle" on third downs while playing is great. Glad the DJ reads this message board. DJ Dogound, told you.

Reaction Score
Isn't DJ DP the one who played the song? That was definitly impressive. He cut the song and then brought it back after the students sang that part. I don't see what is wrong with having him put out the music. The real problem is lack of fans and fans who are in a coma from watching crappy offensive football. Someday maybe we'll be good enough that the place will be jammed and no one will care about complaining about the DJ. Right now most of the music is geared to the students, maybe they'll add in some more variety in the future. One of my all time memories was at the end of Caron Butlers last season we won a big game at Gampel and they played "who let the Dogs out?" near the end of the game after a Husky run and then played it again when it was over as Caron came out to high five the student section as an encore.

Reaction Score
It was fun to see the students being spontaneous, but ...

Does no one else remember the 2006 Regional Finals in DC? Living on a Prayer can not ever be associated with the Husky athletic program.

To this day I will walk out of a wedding reception if someone has the gall to play that song in front of me.

Reaction Score

Does no one else remember the 2006 Regional Finals in DC? Living on a Prayer can not ever be associated with the Husky athletic program.

To this day I will walk out of a wedding reception if someone has the gall to play that song in front of me.

Yeah, and never mind that is just screams New Jersey and by association............

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
You know we have a terrific, terrific marching band. From my perspective, I'd like to see less sideline reporting, less playing of canned music and hear more from the band....but I am an old guy, I guess, maybe the constant stimulae is needed to keep people entertained.

Regardless, whatever gets people involved is a good thing.

Reaction Score
I enjoyed that too. First time I recall that happening at the Rent.

You should try moving to NJ. You can walk into just about any room and say "Ohh we're half way there" and it'll be finished by the majority of whose there. Being a DJ in NJ must be the easiest job in the world. If things are struggling all you have to do is throw on some back to back Bon Jovi and Bruce and the crowd will sing your praises for the next month.

Reaction Score

Well you would have walked out of mine but after you heard the UConn fight song as my wife and walked into the reception. And hopefully you came back in for Jovi's "Never Say Goodbye" as the last song of the night.

And of course the obligatory "Jersey Girl", too.

Sorry, Jersey born and bred and proud of it. But will always hate RU.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Hate Bon Jovi but I thought that was cool moment.

Stuff like that can't be forced. The first time they played "Sandstorm" was a revelation, but it has lost it's potency. I still look forward to it, though.

Reaction Score
Yeah, and never mind that is just screams New Jersey and by association............

The people of Connecticut seriously need to stop deluding themselves with this false narrative. Connecticut is New Jersey without a personality. You're the bland, forgettable cousin no one talks to during holiday gatherings.
Now go outside & commiserate with Delaware........................

Uconnalliance

Please cancel the program all hope is lost
Reaction Score
Many of us grew up in the 80s. Bon Jovi sucks. I am into heavier stuff. Black Sabbath minimum.

"Welcome to the Jungle" on third downs while playing is great. Glad the DJ reads this message board. DJ Dogound, told you.
Walk from Pantera would easily blow that place up too

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01