OT: Little League World Series | The Boneyard

OT: Little League World Series

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
what a game that was between SC and PA. I was legitimately on the edge of my seat! Not to mention just how good some of these kids are. This year I've seen an absurd amount of pitchers throwing over 70, including the kid for SC who was clocked at 83! Just always a ton of fun watching this tournament. It's a shame there's no CT team this year, we seem to win New England more often than not.

Reaction Score
The 1st baseman for PA, lefty kid was as good of a hitter as I've ever seen. I mean there are big kids who overpower the ball and hit a few HR's just because, but this kids mechanics and everything about his swing as well as his demeanor was a true baseball player with a heck of a future. He hit 2 bombs in his first game, moon shots and also hit a ground ball which the 2nd baseman had not time to react and it rolled to the fence it was hit so hard. Real nice player.

Reaction Score
Loved the finish....PA pitcher cruising, falls apart in the top of the sixth, gives up the lead but comes back to win the game for them with a huge hit in the bottom of the 6th.

Reaction Score
My son's U9 travel baseball team (pre Little League age, which I believe is 12U) played Rochelle Park NJ this year and went up against a pitcher who was about 4 feet tall, weighed 50 pounds soaking wet and who could through between 40 and 50 MPH fastballs. It was all mechanics. If that kids physically develops down the road and keeps-up what he is doing, he's going to be good.

Reaction Score
CT has only won four of the last 15 LLWS New England regionals and sent a team to Williamsport. All four however have happened in the last eight years. RI has sent the last two teams to Williamsport and has won three of the last five regionals. RI has actually been the most successful New England state in the last 15 years sending five teams on while CT and MA are right behind them with four.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Little_League_World_Series_(New_England_Region)

Yeah, my bad you're definitely right. My perception is a little skewed by the Cal Ripken World Series (the league I actually played in as a kid), where CT is dominant. Recently, my brothers team placed 3rd and a team from New Milford placed 2nd (both in the U.S.) in the last decade. As much as I love the llws, it has absolutely nothing on the Cal Ripken World Series.

Reaction Score
Yeah, my bad you're definitely right. My perception is a little skewed by the Cal Ripken World Series (the league I actually played in as a kid), where CT is dominant. Recently, my brothers team placed 3rd and a team from New Milford placed 2nd (both in the U.S.) in the last decade. As much as I love the llws, it has absolutely nothing on the Cal Ripken World Series.

I never made it past T-Ball when I was little and now I coach rec baseball. That's what I get for volunteering to coach soccer in my town, a sport I at least played through high school. Thus, my question. What is the difference between Little league and the Cal Ripken/Babe Ruth leagues and how does a town choose which to play in? My town is in the Ripken/Babe Ruth leagues.

Reaction Score
I never made it past T-Ball when I was little and now I coach rec baseball. That's what I get for volunteering to coach soccer in my town, a sport I at least played through high school. Thus, my question. What is the difference between Little league and the Cal Ripken/Babe Ruth leagues and how does a town choose which to play in? My town is in the Ripken/Babe Ruth leagues.
In Cal Ripken, 11 and 12 year olds play with a 50 foot pitching mound and 70 foot bases, along with leading and stealing. It's a much more advanced game than the Little League game at that level, and coming from a town that has both, the Ripken teams, even in house league, are MUCH more competitive. Ripken players also seem to develop into better high school players, IMO. I really don't know what the process is to chartering a league in a town, but, like I said, it is possible to have both, although I can't think of another example except for my town (Norwalk).

Reaction Score
My son's U9 travel baseball team (pre Little League age, which I believe is 12U) played Rochelle Park NJ this year and went up against a pitcher who was about 4 feet tall, weighed 50 pounds soaking wet and who could through between 40 and 50 MPH fastballs. It was all mechanics. If that kids physically develops down the road and keeps-up what he is doing, he's going to be good.
It is more the legs and driving off the rubber. Too many LL pitchers are pitching out of the stretch and simply playing catch with the catcher.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom