OT: Little Carolina @ Duke (12/9) Called off | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Little Carolina @ Duke (12/9) Called off

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
They did the right thing to postpone the game. Not sure about the Triangle ..... but we are at 12 inches and counting here in the Triad....... next up.... freezing rain and sleet. I DEFINITELY should have gotten more Chicken and Banana Pudding Head bang

I did Bo's...

I thought about it......... but I had a coupon for KFC... plus Original recipe tastes better reheated than Bo's. I forgot to get some macaroni and cheese though Head bang

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
They did the right thing to postpone the game. Not sure about the Triangle ..... but we are at 12 inches and counting here in the Triad.. next up.... freezing rain and sleet. I DEFINITELY should have gotten more Chicken and Banana Pudding Head bang

I thought about it.... but I had a coupon for KFC... plus Original recipe tastes better reheated than Bo's. I forgot to get some macaroni and cheese though Head bang
Tailgate special, biscuits and the sides...yummy. :) Lots of snow up here and I got plenty of Bo's chicken to weather the storm.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
The best chicken here is Zesto's broasted chicken. They have the best fries, too.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Tailgate special, biscuits and the sides...yummy. :) Lots of snow up here and I got plenty of Bo's chicken to weather the storm.

Does that Tailgate special come with Tea? Two large sides and 8 biscuits? Im almost afraid to ask which sides you got...

The best chicken here is Zesto's broasted chicken. They have the best fries, too.

Ther that was a Broasted Chicken restaurant around when I was younger. Never went..... never quite understood what broasted was

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Does that Tailgate special come with Tea? Two large sides and 8 biscuits? Im almost afraid to ask which sides you
We get their pink lemonade. 12 piece, 3 sides. My wife picks and eats the sides, we split the biscuits (as long as they aren't put in with the chicken) and I get 3 or 4 meals with the chicken. Obviously, I am a carnivore and she's a vegetarian. (TMI???)

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
Does that Tailgate special come with Tea? Two large sides and 8 biscuits? Im almost afraid to ask which sides you got...

Ther that was a Broasted Chicken restaurant around when I was younger. Never went..... never quite understood what broasted was

Kind of like pressure cooked, I think.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
We get their pink lemonade. 12 piece, 3 sides. My wife picks and eats the sides, we split the biscuits (as long as they aren't put in with the chicken) and I get 3 or 4 meals with the chicken. Obviously, I am a carnivore and she's a vegetarian. (TMI???)

Nothing wrong with vegetarians..... more meat for us :cool:

Reaction Score
@cockhrnleghrn any other chicken fans preparing for the trip

Weather Halts Duke-South Carolina Game Sunday Head bang

Weather Halts Duke-South Carolina Game Sunday

Due to an impending winter storm in the area, the women’s basketball game between South Carolina and Duke will not be played on Sun., Dec. 9. Both teams will make the best effort to reschedule.

5-8 inches of Snow and Ice is predicted for Durham.... starting Sunday morning, so they didnt want to put folks in danger traveling.... especially the good folk from neighboring baby carolina. I was looking forward to a post victory dinner of BBQ and Fried Chicken and donuts..... guess that will have to wait. Head bang

With 500 plus accidents as the storm started---it was very smart to call off the game.

Reaction Score
In places like Carolina that is like 2 to 3 feet of snow in NYC.
We had less than 1.5 inches of snow. All schools, churches, businesses, etc are either called off or delayed openings. I'm told it's because of the mountain people and hazzards associated with it. If I sit and wait it may be all gone by 4 pm, I hate shovelling snow. My driveway is only 1/8 th of mile long and near level so when the snow is over 4 inches I plow/snowblow.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom