OT: Little Carolina @ Duke (12/9) Called off | The Boneyard

OT: Little Carolina @ Duke (12/9) Called off

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
@cockhrnleghrn any other chicken fans preparing for the trip

Weather Halts Duke-South Carolina Game Sunday Head bang

Weather Halts Duke-South Carolina Game Sunday

Due to an impending winter storm in the area, the women’s basketball game between South Carolina and Duke will not be played on Sun., Dec. 9. Both teams will make the best effort to reschedule.

5-8 inches of Snow and Ice is predicted for Durham.... starting Sunday morning, so they didnt want to put folks in danger traveling.... especially the good folk from neighboring baby carolina. I was looking forward to a post victory dinner of BBQ and Fried Chicken and donuts..... guess that will have to wait. Head bang

Reaction Score
Interesting!

Might I say though, that it was actually quite thoughtful of you to post it here ...for a lot of reasons. Kudos.

But ...5-8 inches? :confused:... :rolleyes:

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Interesting!

Might I say though, that it was actually quite thoughtful of you to post it here ...for a lot of reasons. Kudos.

5-8 inches of snow down here in the Carolinas brings everything to a halt because of the lack of snow removal equipment. We do have equipment but not an abundance of it due to having only a few measurable storms each season. I have found that the people down here act just like the people of the DC suburbs, just the mention of snow starts a panic.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
Interesting!

In places like Carolina that is like 2 to 3 feet of snow in NYC.

Last edited:

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Gotta wonder if both schools can find an agreeable make-up date. I kinda doubt it as the conference schedule starts up the beginning of January.

Interesting!

Thats alot for Durham.... especially for the 2nd weekend in December.

Reaction Score

Have you experienced snow south of the mason Dixon?

Even here in DC, these folks just don’t know how to handle snow. (Not to mention that have like 3 plows total.). I want no part in traveling bc of the others. I can only imagine what it’s like in NC.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
5-8 inches of snow down here in the Carolinas brings everything to a halt because of the lack of snow removal equipment. We do have equipment but not an abundance of it due to having only a few measurable storms each season. I have found that the people down here act just like the people of the DC suburbs, just the mention of snow starts a panic.

5-8 thats just in Durham . Im 45 minutes to the west... the NWS is forecasting 10-12 inches plus ice...... and hour west of here.... 12-16 inches are predicted. At this rate..... looks like I wont be getting any Souvlaki or Kafta in the next few days :oops:

Even here in DC, these folks just don’t know how to handle snow. (Not to mention that have like 3 plows total.). I want no part in traveling bc of the others. I can only imagine what it’s like in NC.

They actually do a pretty good job relatively speaking here on clearing the main city roads and highways. The further north and west you go in NC... the better the snow removal process is. The triad does it better than the triangle and charlotte. And the high country does it better than the piedmont.

I dont worry about my driving in the snow... I worry about OTHER people's driving

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Gotta wonder if both schools can find an agreeable make-up date. I kinda doubt it as the conference schedule starts up the beginning of January.

It seems like these canceled games rarely get made up. So hard to find open dates that work well for both teams.

The only significant space in SC's schedule, at first glance, would be between their 1/21 and 1/28 games, both of which are at home. But I don't think that'll work well for Duke, which has games scheduled 1/20, 1/24 and 1/27.

Duke, meanwhile, has open the period between their 1/10 and 1/17 games, but SC has games both of those dates and also has to be at LSU on 1/13.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
It seems like these canceled games rarely get made up. So hard to find open dates that work well for both teams.

The only significant space in SC's schedule, at first glance, would be between their 1/21 and 1/28 games, both of which are at home. But I don't think that'll work well for Duke, which has games scheduled 1/20, 1/24 and 1/27.

Duke, meanwhile, has open the period between their 1/10 and 1/17 games, but SC has games both of those dates and also has to be at LSU on 1/13.

Thats a shame....... its a fun environment when the two teams play in Cameron.

so basically you are saying Mother Nature saved the chicken's an arse whipping? I concur

wire chief

Testmeister
Reaction Score

Well, I am south of that Line, outside of Orlando. None of my joints ache, so I think I'm safe.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
5-8 thats just in Durham . Im 45 minutes to the west... the NWS is forecasting 10-12 inches plus ice. and hour west of here.... 12-16 inches are predicted. At this rate..... looks like I wont be getting any Souvlaki or Kafta in the next few days :oops:

They actually do a pretty good job relatively speaking here on clearing the main city roads and highways. The further north and west you go in NC... the better the snow removal process is. The triad does it better than the triangle and charlotte. And the high country does it better than the piedmont.

I dont worry about my driving in the snow... I worry about OTHER people's driving
I live in Stokes County (as far north as you can get in NC) and the snow removal around us is great...but our driveway is 1/4 mile long and all uphill, so I try my best to not plow it and let nature take care of it. :)

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score

Due to an impending winter storm in the area, the women’s basketball game between South Carolina and Duke will not be played on Sun., Dec. 9. Both teams will make the best effort to reschedule.

5-8 inches of Snow and Ice is predicted for Durham.... starting Sunday morning, so they didnt want to put folks in danger traveling.... especially the good folk from neighboring baby carolina. I was looking forward to a post victory dinner of BBQ and Fried Chicken and donuts..... guess that will have to wait. Head bang
I don't really like this. I like Dawn, but go Dukies. It's time for the true NC team to rise.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
In places like Carolina that is like 2 to 3 feet of snow in NYC.
And still in NYC the trains just keep a runnin'. After a day of a 3 ft snowfall the buses in Manhattan are up to speed. This city has mountains of salt as high as Mt. Mitchell and armies of snow plows.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I live in Stokes County (as far north as you can get in NC) and the snow removal around us is great...but our driveway is 1/4 mile long and all uphill, so I try my best to not plow it and let nature take care of it. :)

Ah.. Stokes County. So close... yet Ive never really explored it as much as I should. Nothing but back country roads. I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE driving NC 66.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Love Stokes. Hell of a shot blocker and wish she could have developed more of an offensive game.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score

Yeah, I checked before leaving this afternoon. My little vacation is canceled. Time to check out the distance to West Lafayette.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score

Play it on Christmas and I'm there!

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
@Centerstream

I see now they are calling for 12-18 inches snow in the Winston Salem area. :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: Says the area hasnt gotten 18 inches of snow in one day since 1930...... :eek:

This might be serious.... lemme log off and go get some pizza, eggs, cake, bagels, and cider

Now if we only get 1-2 inches...... people are gonna be showing up at the doors of the local TV stations, and the National Weather Service like

simpsons-riot.jpeg

cabbie191

Jonathan Husky on a date with Holi
Reaction Score
Love Stokes. Hell of a shot blocker and wish she could have developed more of an offensive game.

But remember, she was an offensive juggernaut in her final game! She said so herself when interviewed! :rolleyes:

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Can't you just make it a pre-victory dinner instead? They'll eventually play, even if not this year.

Well I did just get home from KFC ;) So I'll still have fried chicken on Sunday

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
Driveway? That sounds like a runway.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom