OT: link to U.S. Open scoreboard inside | The Boneyard

OT: link to U.S. Open scoreboard inside

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
http://www.golfchannel.com/tours/pga-tour/2012/us-open/?hj=xfs

It should be a great 4 days at the Olympic Club in San Francisco. Lots of stories at the elite level...
Tiger/Phil/Rory/Bubba et al. Pairing Tiger, Bubba and Phil for the first two rounds makes for great TV viewing but it may be a nightmare for those in attendance via crowd control.

Great stories among the others....Dennis Miller the UTube sensation from a club job in Ohio....Casey Martin [the cart guy]....Andy Zhang 14 years old!

And by Sunday the real star may be the course itself....quirky/tough rough/small greens/fairways going sideways.

Great stuff!

Reaction Score
The Tiger/Phil/Bubba pairing is made for television. Was that the luck of the draw or was it purposely set up?

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
On purpose for sure. The trio of elite Brits also on purpose.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Tiger is playing with two lefties. How often does that happen on the tour.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
US Open Leaderboard - Link

Link is for the US Open Website which seems to have updated scorer quicker. ESPN3 is showing the Tiger Group live starting at 11:30 Eastern. ESPN starts televising the open at Noon.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Tiger is playing with two lefties. How often does that happen on the tour.
Good point. Not often. Maybe all the lefties should be paired together.

[I think the sport takes liberty with the word "pair."]

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I think par will be a good score. I really wanted to go this year, but am busy with work and retirement plans, plus I have trips coming up to London for the Olympics, Maui, and Southern California. Plus, I'm planning on some UConn games this season. I will be at Merion for the 2013 Open.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I love Merion.
That's what Lee Trevino said. And then he added that he didn't even know her last name.

I was there for the 1981 Open. I used to drive by it all the time. I think Winlots lived practically next door.

I may have an extra ticket for some days next year. Are you up for roaming around the course? Or maybe plopping your butt in the grandstand?

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
That's what Lee Trevino said. And then he added that he didn't even know her last name.

I was there for the 1981 Open. I used to drive by it all the time. I think Winlots lived practically next door.

I may have an extra ticket for some days next year. Are you up for roaming around the course? Or maybe plopping your butt in the grandstand?
I'd love to.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
On the topic of today's scores, Olympic looked like a right-hander's course. Tiger was -1 and tied for 2nd. Phil was +6; Bubba was +8.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
If Tiger had a couple of better bunker shots, he could have had a great round. Managed to shoot 1 under Par. If a couple of his irons into the green were a few yards shorter, could have shot 3 or 4 under. Missed one easy birdie putt. Overall still a good round and if he's able to play like he did today for the remaining three rounds, he probably wins his 15th major.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
If Tiger had a couple of better bunker shots, he could have had a great round. Managed to shoot 1 under Par. If a couple of his irons into the green were a few yards shorter, could have shot 3 or 4 under. Missed one easy birdie putt. Overall still a good round and if he's able to play like he did today for the remaining three rounds, he probably wins his 15th major.
he was swinging verrrrry smoothly today and much more on-plane than 2011. Impressive stuff. not fighting it at all

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Not that I care, but if someone has to win, I'd vote for Rory.

As long as Phil doesn't.

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
BTW: in our own little golfing world I am pleased to note that our very own Olde Coach had a 77 at Middlebury
Country Club [Vermont] a few days ago. Uhh...his age is 77. Let anyone at Olympic do THAT this weekend!
I had the pleasure of playing MCC many years ago and it is a very good, kinda old-fashioned course....no pushover for sure.
Wouldn't bet even a penny that he won't go lower than his age by fall.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Congrats to OC. He is awesome.

I've shot my age several times before, but I prefer to finish the last 6 holes. :)

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
I just looked at the leaderboard. It looks like at least 6-7 of the FedEx Cup leaders will miss the cut.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
BTW: in our own little golfing world I am pleased to note that our very own Olde Coach had a 77 at Middlebury
Country Club [Vermont] a few days ago. Uhh...his age is 77.
That's great (not an easy feat)! Congrats to OC.

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
The Open has been tremendously entertaining so far. I love the toughness of the course...would make a modest wager that even par wins by 2 or more.
Would daily double it with Tiger winning....with MacDowell and Furyk his main obstacles....in that order.

BTW: it's not like this was the first time Olde Coach shot his age [or lower]. He used to be a pro and then regained his amateur status....was friends with none other than Annika Sorenstam during his Hobe Sound days. 'Golfing his ball' is no surprise at all.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
If Tiger had better control of his irons into the green, he would have a 5 or 6 shot lead. His drives off the Tee have been spectacular and for the most part has stayed out of trouble. He's got his game face on. This weekend will determine if we're seeing the Tiger of old or not.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I haven't seen any chinks in his armor yet, but Tiger was erratic not long ago. I think he wins because he can make pars and will out-think the field. I agree--I'd like to be at even par in the clubhouse.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
I guess we found out today that Tiger is not back. What a poor round, especially his irons into the green. At the end of the round, he was trying to pull off Tiger shots and just couldn't do it. Pressure got to him.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Tiger was pretty good off the tee, but his approach shots and putting were weak. He was out-played by Furyk, McDowell, and the 17-year-old kid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom