OT - Lets recap the BY off-season

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
the Olympics were fun...

Wirechief's music threads

the MKW update thread - historic (thanks to the MODS for not locking it, sure they sat in the Situation Room debating about it)

your turn, what was memorable to you?

FairView

Mad Man
Reaction Score
I give a shout to Wirechief for the music threads, the tests he used to do ... the Chief does a great job helping us through the slow basketball times.

Another Wirechief music thread would be good therapy to help us through the day as we wait for the first game tonight. And I mean Wirechief, not you impersonators who are like the guys in the Jamie Foxx Verizon commercials. :p

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
1. WNBA as a whole and Stewart and Jefferson in particular but all the Uconn alums.
2. Olympics
3. A series of threads on 'delicate' subjects including most recently on the kneeling for the anthem protest, that were thought provoking and with a little help from moderators remain on the right side of the civility index. We don't have to agree, but if we can as a forum and a country talk with civility and listen with real attempts to understand, it is better for us all.

That #3 may be strange, but I continue to be impressed with our community. In the same way that we break down basketball, we do a very credible job of breaking down more contentious and dare I say more important (blasphemy, I know) issues. I learn and I understand more from my participation.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Oh yeah, kneeling was interesting
So is standing up for your beliefs. Uh-oh. Am I starting or rehashing something? I'm just going to generalize. At last it's November!

I'd just like to thank every poster and responder on the BY site that kept me interested all off season. We're all so disparate yet the same in having the BY as our anchor.

Specifically I'd like to thank HuskyNan for being there for us when all we can do is commiserate when reality rears its ugly head in her life. I wish her nothing but a boulevard of green lights herein. Thanks Nan. By the way I still say you and Meghan Culmo were separated at birth. A photo of the two of you together mugging for the camera would make my year.

Specifically and last I'd like to thank my favorite responders and posters, especially Mr. Wirechief who thankfully feeds into my love of music. I'd also like to thank that responder with whom I had a bitter disagreement over certain subjects. Even through the name calling we actually do share some things, as narrow as they may be.

By the way if anyone is in the NYC area please take some time to attend the New York Audio Show this weekend on November 4th, 5th, and 6th at Park Lane Hotel. Also lovers of music everywhere please support your local and favorite music as best you can.

Last edited:

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Specifically I'd like to thank HuskyNan for being there for us when all we can do is commiserate when reality rears its ugly head in her life. I wish her nothing but a boulevard of green lights herein. Thanks Nan. By the way I still say you and Meghan Culmo were separated at birth. A photo of the two of you together mugging for the camera would make my year.
Thanks for the kind words and thanks to everyone in the previous thread.

Here's the picture you requested:

Me and Meg.jpg

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
the Olympics were fun...

Wirechief's music threads

the MKW update thread - historic (thanks to the MODS for not locking it, sure they sat in the Situation Room debating about it)

your turn, what was memorable to you?

I saw this thread last night and decided to sleep on it.
While I enjoyed all of the above, the thing I liked the most is the discourse over
things WBB, whether at the pro/Olympic level this summer to WCBB news to recruiting (including and/or beyond Ms. Walker). For recruiting, kudos to those -- particularly CharlieBball -- for supplying the nuts and bolts to start/rectify the conversations.

The information shared during those conversations is intriguing and -- since my wife is a teacher, I feel compelled to say this -- make for a stronger board, from both an individual and collective perspective. It's very cool to see responses on issues that have built on give and take and start taking a perspective. (Or not, in some...which is fun, too.)

And the fact the Board is open to give and take from WCBB sources other than UConn is very cool, indeed. Kudos and tip of the hat to all concerned.

Let the season begin!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TNS