OT: LeBron's Insufferable Hubris Catching Up | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: LeBron's Insufferable Hubris Catching Up

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
What exactly does this guy want? Kyrie averaged over 20 shots per game, just a smidgen less than James. He took more 3pt shots and averaged less than LBJ, who is not a good 3pt shooter. KI averaged 36 mins a game. What does this guy want? 25 spg? 40 mins? I mean trying to win a championship WITH LBJ is tough enough. Try winning one without him. Anyone think he'd get a bigger shoe contract with the Knicks while winning 30 games per year? Anyone think he'd get more mins and more shots with Popovich? Anyone actually think such a selfish player would even be considered by Pop? KI has turned out to be another selfish, self absorbed, checkmeout millennial who believes the constant need for self expression isn't a constant cry for attention. Isn't a sign of an over expectant mindset. That the grass is clearly greener on any side that doesn't include LBJ. Who doesn't believe that at the end of his career, a career he believes will never end, when he's kicking back with his friends, no one will care about MVP trophies or scoring titles. People will only ask how much jewelry do you own.

Reaction Score
What exactly does this guy want? Kyrie averaged over 20 shots per game, just a smidgen less than James. He took more 3pt shots and averaged less than LBJ, who is not a good 3pt shooter. KI averaged 36 mins a game. What does this guy want? 25 spg? 40 mins? I mean trying to win a championship WITH LBJ is tough enough. Try winning one without him. Anyone think he'd get a bigger shoe contract with the Knicks while winning 30 games per year? Anyone think he'd get more mins and more shots with Popovich? Anyone actually think such a selfish player would even be considered by Pop? KI has turned out to be another selfish, self absorbed, checkmeout millennial who believes the constant need for self expression isn't a constant cry for attention. Isn't a sign of an over expectant mindset. That the grass is clearly greener on any side that doesn't include LBJ. Who doesn't believe that at the end of his career, a career he believes will never end, when he's kicking back with his friends, no one will care about MVP trophies or scoring titles. People will only ask how much jewelry do you own.

My only guess is
1-- - that he wants to be a pg. LeBron is the pg. Kyrie probably wants to be known as that he can be Chris Paul. LBJ forces Kryie to play off the ball a lot.

2--- Kobe Bryant hated some of the other wing players from what I understand because they would trash-talk to him on the court that he is playing off Shaq. Possibly Kyrie is being told as the poster above said (A point guard who doesn't make anyone better, only talent is scoring and he is too inefficient, disappears for games often. He isn't a franchise player at all.) -- that he doesn't make his teammates better etc. Maybe his pride has gotten ahead of his brain just as Kobe pushed out Shaq to prove he can do it Maybe Kyrie wants to try to break out of the shadow because he thinks he can win just like Kobe did away from the other superstar's shadow and not have ot listen ot the bold that the poster milprince said on this veyr thread. These guys got a lot of pride. - IMO sometimes foolish pride.

3--- Maybe he doesn't like cleveland and knows LBJ will leave shortly and he is jumping ahead of that train by suggesting he'd like to go somewhere else before LBJ announces so it doesn't seem like he'll deliberately looked to bail because LBJ bailed.

Reaction Score
LBJ kinda has to bail now himself because he can't assemble a team to match the Warriors in Cleveland. So rather than losing in the Finals, he'd rather lose during in-conference playoffs.

As stated by a poster previously, Irving has not even proven himself to be a franchise player. He couldn't get anywhere without LeBron.

iamcbs

Buckeye Guest
Reaction Score
So you're a fan of the guy because he played what, 9 games at Duke? You really want a year-by-year comparison of the careers of James and Kyrie to contrast who's had the better NBA career. LBJ took a 2007 Cavs team to the Finals that started Sasha Pavlovic, Anderson Varajao and Donyell Marshall and had Boobie Gibson as the sixth man. Kyrie didn't even sniff a playoff game until Bron came back, but I hope the Cavs trade him so that he can be the "Man" let's see how he produces.

Reaction Score
So you're a fan of the guy because he played what, 9 games at Duke? You really want a year-by-year comparison of the careers of James and Kyrie to contrast who's had the better NBA career. LBJ took a 2007 Cavs team to the Finals that started Sasha Pavlovic, Anderson Varajao and Donyell Marshall and had Boobie Gibson as the sixth man. Kyrie didn't even sniff a playoff game until Bron came back, but I hope the Cavs trade him so that he can be the "Man" let's see how he produces.

Who are you sending this post to?

Reaction Score
LBJ kinda has to bail now himself because he can't assemble a team to match the Warriors in Cleveland. So rather than losing in the Finals, he'd rather lose during in-conference playoffs.

As stated by a poster previously, Irving has not even proven himself to be a franchise player. He couldn't get anywhere without LeBron.

If I were Irving I would shut up and just accept I get to go to the NBA finals again. But how do you get to prove the above in bold if you are Irving while you feel you are playing somewhat out of position as a sg instead of a pg? He doesn't lead the team in assists. He is really not the pg on this team. But he would be for minnesota and probably for San Antonio because their pg is aging.

Reaction Score
Which of my points is inaccurate? He is an explosive player, an exciting player, but he is one dimensional at best and rather inefficient...but ok.

That he doesn't make teammates better.

As much as I know LBJ is amongst the greatest of all-time - he didn't beat the 2015-2016 Warriors all by himself. How does JR Smith win? Kevin Love is not dynamic defender either. How old is Richard Jefferson?

Reaction Score
That he doesn't make teammates better.

As much as I know LBJ is amongst the greatest of all-time - he didn't beat the 2015-2016 Warriors all by himself. How does JR Smith win? Kevin Love is not dynamic defender either. How old is Richard Jefferson?

And you think Kyrie made them better? Hell, LeBron made Kyrie better. Look at his numbers the season before LeBron returned. Look at his numbenumbers when LeBron comes out of games for rest. Kyrie is a highly skilled, but inefficient, singular player in a team sport. He didn't make guys better in college either.

He is a good player, really good. But he isn't great Nd certainly not a franchise player. He is a PG who averages less than 6 dimes, shoots less that 46%, and isn't a great defender. I won't detail his injury history. There are at least 5 point guards I would take before him.

Reaction Score
And you think Kyrie made them better? Hell, LeBron made Kyrie better. Look at his numbers the season before LeBron returned. Look at his numbenumbers when LeBron comes out of games for rest. Kyrie is a highly skilled, but inefficient, singular player in a team sport. He didn't make guys better in college either.

He is a good player, really good. But he isn't great Nd certainly not a franchise player. He is a PG who averages less than 6 dimes, shoots less that 46%, and isn't a great defender. I won't detail his injury history. There are at least 5 point guards I would take before him.

This is why I think your post was sooo wrong. OFC you would say LBJ made Kyrie better but Kyrrie with an over 2 assists to 1 1 turnover ratio margin and with his terrific skills doesn't take any pressure off of LBJ at all? He didn't make guys like Richard Jefferson and JR Smith better? It was only LBJ?

Can I look at the stats that showed Cleveland winning in 2016 with Kyire and losing without Kyrie?

Anyhow the point you made in bold says it all- and it's why in part there is such negative on LBJ for some fans including myself (though I think Kyrie is dumb for not sticking with LBJ for as long as possible unless he knows LBJ is going to leave him stranded .). All of the top guys ever -- they get knocked for something. Jordan was a SOB. Russell's offense. Wilt was selfish. Jabbar was soft. Magic in LA for a stretch was called "Tragic Johnson" by the press, and Bird for his lack of athleticism. Yet anything negative on LBJ you get labeled as a hater.

LBJ is not the perfect human being. Others can help his team too. It;'s not all LeBron. In this case -- I am not slamming you-- but you just basically ignored what Kyrie had to say that he wants to be a pg yet you call him a pg. Yet how can you call him a pg when its LBJ that runs the team/ directs the offense etc? When LBJ is on the court with Kyrie, who is the team's pg? It's LBJ. He is the point-forward. Yet you knock Kyrie because he doesn't have the "pg stats." But he is telling YOU (as well as everyone else) he ISN"T the pg on this team yet fans like you hold it against him as if he is.

The guy has pride just like any tremendous player. He wants to show "you" and to himself probably that he can do it- yet if he stays with LBJ people like you will continually knock his pg skills when in fact he is only a part-time pg. ANd during crunch time he isn't that much of the pg.

Reaction Score
Let me preface this by saying that all the contributors to this thread have probably made some thoughtful contributions to this thread. Having said that I couldn't care less where leBron or Kyrie or anybody else in the NBA ends up. I gave up on the whiners a long time ago That's why I gravitated to the women's game. The egos in the men's game have ruined it for me. But that's probably just me.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Let me preface this by saying that all the contributors to this thread have probably made some thoughtful contributions to this thread. Having said that I couldn't care less where leBron or Kyrie or anybody else in the NBA ends up. I gave up on the whiners a long time ago That's why I gravitated to the women's game. The egos in the men's game have ruined it for me. But that's probably just me.
So the WNBA is egoless and without whiners?
Where can I tune in to watch this?

Reaction Score
LBJ is an Ohio product. Rumor has it that they returned to Ohio because the family was not happy in Miami and wanted to come home. Professionally, I don't think he has to prove anything else to cement himself among the all-time greats of the sport. Oh, in case anyone was wondering, I'm in Cleveland.:)

I was always of the belief that L.B.J. was from Texas--not Ohio. Following JFK helped him.

Reaction Score

I mean...he was the franchise player before Lebron came back...and the Cavs were garbage during that time. Hopefully NBA execs have short memories ;)

What exactly does this guy want? Kyrie averaged over 20 shots per game, just a smidgen less than James. He took more 3pt shots and averaged less than LBJ, who is not a good 3pt shooter. KI averaged 36 mins a game. What does this guy want? 25 spg? 40 mins? I mean trying to win a championship WITH LBJ is tough enough. Try winning one without him....People will only ask how much jewelry do you own.

I don't remember the exact number, but there was a infographic up somewhere (probably ESPN) that Kyrie is either Top 10 or Top 5 for usage already...he's definitely going to find out the grass isn't always greener

Reaction Score
This is why I think your post was sooo wrong. OFC you would say LBJ made Kyrie better but Kyrrie with an over 2 assists to 1 1 turnover ratio margin and with his terrific skills doesn't take any pressure off of LBJ at all? He didn't make guys like Richard Jefferson and JR Smith better? It was only LBJ?

Can I look at the stats that showed Cleveland winning in 2016 with Kyire and losing without Kyrie?

Anyhow the point you made in bold says it all- and it's why in part there is such negative on LBJ for some fans including myself (though I think Kyrie is dumb for not sticking with LBJ for as long as possible unless he knows LBJ is going to leave him stranded .). All of the top guys ever -- they get knocked for something. Jordan was a SOB. Russell's offense. Wilt was selfish. Jabbar was soft. Magic in LA for a stretch was called "Tragic Johnson" by the press, and Bird for his lack of athleticism. Yet anything negative on LBJ you get labeled as a hater.

LBJ is not the perfect human being. Others can help his team too. It;'s not all LeBron. In this case -- I am not slamming you-- but you just basically ignored what Kyrie had to say that he wants to be a pg yet you call him a pg. Yet how can you call him a pg when its LBJ that runs the team/ directs the offense etc? When LBJ is on the court with Kyrie, who is the team's pg? It's LBJ. He is the point-forward. Yet you knock Kyrie because he doesn't have the "pg stats." But he is telling YOU (as well as everyone else) he ISN"T the pg on this team yet fans like you hold it against him as if he is.

The guy has pride just like any tremendous player. He wants to show "you" and to himself probably that he can do it- yet if he stays with LBJ people like you will continually knock his pg skills when in fact he is only a part-time pg. ANd during crunch time he isn't that much of the pg.

1) When did I say it was only LeBron
2) 2 - 1 Assist to Turnover ratio isn't great...especially for a PG.

Justavisitor

Unpopular Opinions
Reaction Score
Kyrie can't be blamed in this situation. First off, Cleveland tried to shop Kyrie around this summer in hopes of landing Chris Paul. That alone shows the loyalty of Dan Gilbert to Kyrie. The NBA is a business and the players know this all to well. More importantly, Lebron will NOT commit to Cleveland that he will return after this season. More than likely, Lebron will take his talents elsewhere (LA Lakers has been mentioned). Kyrie, in stead of sitting back waiting and hoping he is left with a real team after Lebron bolts, has decided to do just like the owners and approach his future like a business. He is taking matters in his own hands and getting out before Lebron bolts and Cleveland is back to hoping they can simply make the play offs.

Last, without Lebron, the marketability of Cleveland is pretty much nothing to speak of. Kyrie would be crazy to not look to leave.

Reaction Score
Kyrie can't be blamed in this situation. First off, Cleveland tried to shop Kyrie around this summer in hopes of landing Chris Paul. That alone shows the loyalty of Dan Gilbert to Kyrie. The NBA is a business and the players know this all to well. More importantly, Lebron will NOT commit to Cleveland that he will return after this season. More than likely, Lebron will take his talents elsewhere (LA Lakers has been mentioned). Kyrie, in stead of sitting back waiting and hoping he is left with a real team after Lebron bolts, has decided to do just like the owners and approach his future like a business. He is taking matters in his own hands and getting out before Lebron bolts and Cleveland is back to hoping they can simply make the play offs.

Last, without Lebron, the marketability of Cleveland is pretty much nothing to speak of. Kyrie would be crazy to not look to leave.

I didn't know this was LBJ's last year of contract. His comments now more understandeable.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I didn't know this was LBJ's last year of contract. His comments now more understandeable.

There were media reports (Yardbarker etc.) two days ago of contact by James' agent with Lakers. Wouldn't be my choice if I was chasing Mike's legacy.

Reaction Score
I was only too glad to see the Cavs lose this year.

Lebron- WHINE- Whine-Whine!

He isn't a player like Russell, Chamberlain or Jabbar. which is what he wants to be. They're dominant centers. He isn't- end of story.

I respect him for being an upstanding personal individual. He does a lot of good in communities but dominating pro basketball will not be a feather in his cap.

Reaction Score
There were media reports (Yardbarker etc.) two days ago of contact by James' agent with Lakers. Wouldn't be my choice if I was chasing Mike's legacy.
I'm not sure that the NBA has legacies anymore. It's every player for himself, jumping franchises, being individual media stars. It ain't about the team anymore. A bunch of supremely talented athletes acting like rock stars forming and reforming bands on world tours.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom