OT Laurel View CC Hamden | The Boneyard

OT Laurel View CC Hamden

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
I hadn’t played this course in about 7 years and knew that it had deteriorated. I’d heard it was coming back so our group played there yesterday. The course and the pro shop are both in great shape. The wind made the round really hard, but we enjoyed it anyway. Our group is ancient so we often will play senior tees. LaurelView doesn’t have them and the whites were pretty challenging for us especially with the strong wind.

The negative, that I gather will be handled over the next few years is that they have removed a lot of trees, a few lost to a tornado including the landmark tree on #18 that made an accurate drive critical unless you could drive over the top. If you knew the course, the absence of the trees is a little disorienting but some of the vistas are pretty nice. So there are presently dozens of stumps and wood chip piles along several fairways that should be out of play unless you hit a really wild shot. We will go back there, hopefully on a less windy day.

Reaction Score

Reaction Score
I've probably played Laurel View 20 times and am shocked to read this. Last time I played was after one of the hurricanes (I think Isaiah?) and 11 had 4 massive trees in the fairway. Greens were always punched and awful, pace of play was horrible, and the course was in disrepair. I would love if it came back; I know ownership has a really spotty history in CT but this is exciting

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
I've probably played Laurel View 20 times and am shocked to read this. Last time I played was after one of the hurricanes (I think Isaiah?) and 11 had 4 massive trees in the fairway. Greens were always punched and awful, pace of play was horrible, and the course was in disrepair. I would love if it came back; I know ownership has a really spotty history in CT but this is exciting
There are no longer trees along 10 on the right so you can see the green from the tee. You can see several fairways at some spots and it’s actually picturesque. From #1 tee Long Island Sound is vaguely visible in the distance. I’m not sure what the plans are, but I hope they do some sort of plantings along the fairways that now don’t have any. As I said, I’d guess it’s a couple of years to clear the stumps and then landscape.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom