OT - Lance Armstrong, courts | The Boneyard

OT - Lance Armstrong, courts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Can't believe they are seriously going after another drug inquiry and possible stripping his Tour De France wins. There should be a rule that you've got 1yr tops to remove any championship or trophy but after that the 'statue' of limitations is up = statue belongs to team/athlete.

At least someone showed some sensibility in dropping the Edwards thing. He's a jerk, but he's had his name & reputation forever damaged & dragged thru mud enough so nothing more to be gained. Likewise as much as I'd like to see Bonds or Clemens admit to juicing I don't think judges or juries finding them guilty of anything accomplishes a lick or changes anyone's mind.

I guess on a more justice fulfilled note, Jerry Sandusky's accusers are doing a great job, Sandusky's lawyer appears to be as incompetent as expected so that guy is going to be locked up for good.

IMind

Wildly Inaccurate
Reaction Score
I don't care if Armstrong was dirty as hell or not. The USADA is inept and ineffectual and going after Armstrong is a sad attempt to try to prove that they aren't. There's absolutely nothing to gain and even if they do find him guilty all it does is highlight the fact that Armstrong duped them repeatedly over many many years.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
I'll go out on a limb and say the investigation will prove fruitful and lance will lose at least 1-2 of his titles. He can hide behind his cancer
hero status as a PR strategy but it won't help him in a court.

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
I've lost count, how many investigations does this make? It's so pointless. He last won 7 years ago?

It's obviously a personal grudge because I don't need an investigation to know he doped. I know because he didn't just beat, but destroyed a long list of premier cycling champs who are proven or admitted dopers. That doesn't happen 7 times if you're clean. Heck,he even hung with nabbed doper, Contador, after two years out of cycling. And I don't care if he did either as doping was nearly universal in the peloton.

If the French, who really had it in for him, and the Justice Dept couldn't bring a case, WTH is USADA going to uncover? No positive tests, the same old teammates, links to shady doctors, tales of late night doping parties and medical.waste in the trash. At the end of the day, it's a bunch of unsubstantiated stories we already know and we already believe.

How about upping the drug testing in college and high school sports instead?

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
waste of time and money, has to be personal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics