OT: Kris Dunn reppin' Whalers at Draft | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Kris Dunn reppin' Whalers at Draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
in the meantime, the "experts" love the job Jackson is doing with the Knicks

he retained Melo :confused: and obtained Rose who was really good 4 years ago but no longer wanted by his team

awesome baby

which begs the question, how do experts become experts?

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Ainge is terrible. I said it, Celtics fans have their heads so far up his A for so long. He amassed all these "assets" sits on them until they become less valuable than anticipated, then doesn't make any moves (Noel/Covington and Butler were both proposed) instead to take Jaylen Brown and his 29% shooting from the field.

In the last 8 first round picks Ainge has taken: MarShon Brooks Jared Sullinger Fab Melo Kelly Olynyk Marcus Smart James Young Terry Rozier R.J. Hunter.
Awful.

Brooks was taken for the Nets. Sully was a quality pick. As was KO. You don't find a lot of superstars where they were picked. Smart was fine at #6 in a bad draft. Melo was a terrible pick. Young stinks. Jury's still out on Rozier and Hunter but I didn't like Rozier. And I didn't like this draft. But saying "Ainge is terrible" is pretty indefensible if you're limiting it to the draft and laughable if you aren't.

He's basically had 2 lottery picks, #6 in a crap draft and #3 in a 2-deep draft.

He sure did win a title then dismantle the team and amass a lot of assets without the benefit of luck or FA signings. Like I said, I haven't been happy with the drafting but easy with the hot takes about how terrible a GM he is. I bet you couldn't find 3 GMs that would agree.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
Brooks was taken for the Nets. Sully was a quality pick. As was KO. You don't find a lot of superstars where they were picked. Smart was fine at #6 in a bad draft. Melo was a terrible pick. Young stinks. Jury's still out on Rozier and Hunter but I didn't like Rozier. And I didn't like this draft. But saying "Ainge is terrible" is pretty indefensible if you're limiting it to the draft and laughable if you aren't.

He's basically had 2 lottery picks, #6 in a crap draft and #3 in a 2-deep draft.

He sure did win a title then dismantle the team and amass a lot of assets without the benefit of luck or FA signings. Like I said, I haven't been happy with the drafting but easy with the hot takes about how terrible a GM he is. I bet you couldn't find 3 GMs that would agree.
The use of the descriptor terrible was in the heat of the moment post draft, at the time I was disappointed they didn't take Dunn. I felt like Brown was too raw to make an impact in the foreseeable future and thought he was too similar to the Marcus Smart pick two seasons prior.

Relative to the 30 teams in the league, Ainge is definitely not terrible, but I certainly think he's overrated by the general populace and especially Celtics fans who think he's a top 3 GM. His ability to sell high on assets is commendable, like he did with the Big 3 and Rondo. Yet he falls short in the area of drafting and making trades happen. Since the Big 3 era, we have really only brought in 2 valuable free agents who are upper mid tier relative to the entire league in Thomas and Crowder. I think he's prone to over-valuing the assets he has which result in him letting good opportunities for trades pass by, but that's just my hot take.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
The use of the descriptor terrible was in the heat of the moment post draft, at the time I was disappointed they didn't take Dunn. I felt like Brown was too raw to make an impact in the foreseeable future and thought he was too similar to the Marcus Smart pick two seasons prior.

Relative to the 30 teams in the league, Ainge is definitely not terrible, but I certainly think he's overrated by the general populace and especially Celtics fans who think he's a top 3 GM. His ability to sell high on assets is commendable, like he did with the Big 3 and Rondo. Yet he falls short in the area of drafting and making trades happen. Since the Big 3 era, we have really only brought in 2 valuable free agents who are upper mid tier relative to the entire league in Thomas and Crowder. I think he's prone to over-valuing the assets he has which result in him letting good opportunities for trades pass by, but that's just my hot take.

Fair enough. I think everyone can agree he's still riding on the Allen/Garnett trades, the title, and the Nets trade.

He hasn't drafted well recently. But, I think his post-title grade is still incomplete. Considering he had to dismantle an aging team, the team looks pretty good right now. Could be better, but could be a LOT worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TNS

Top Bottom