OT: Kris Dunn reppin' Whalers at Draft | The Boneyard

OT: Kris Dunn reppin' Whalers at Draft

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Like who we got but really thought he should have been a Husky.

Reaction Score
I think he's going to be an excellent NBA player. T-Wolves are putting together a really, really nice nucleus with Dunn, Wiggins, Levine, and KAT. Even with Thomas, the C's made a mistake passing on Dunn.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Celtics blew it

He grades out really poor on some predraft metrics, for what they're worth. Interesting point:

More condemning is this: In the stats-only portion of Pelton's model, Brown ranks an impossibly low 101st among all draft-eligible prospects with a WARP (wins above replacement player) of minus-0.5. For the sake of comparison, Bender ranks second in that model with a WARP of plus-3.4.

Take a stroll through the archive of draft WARP projections and that mark gets even more worrisome. While a decent number of players have been taken in the first-round teens and 20s with a negative WARP, only two players have been selected in the top 10 with a negative WARP since 2006 -- Austin Rivers (minus-0.1) at No. 10 in 2012 and Joe Alexander (minus-0.1) at No. 8 in 2008.
[EDITORS NOTE: both suck]

Brown scored alarmingly low in Nylon Calculus' projection model. Author Andrew Johnson noted, "Brown leads the 'Do Not Want' list, his overall play all year indicated less than a starter performance at the college level. In my training model, not a single player went from this level of play in their draft year to become a star in the NBA."

Not the model choice: Would Celtics roll dice with Jaylen Brown?

Buuuuut....he was the captain of his middle-school chess team!

Reaction Score
Dunn, Lavine, Wiggins and Towns is going to be a lot of fun to watch. Dieng isn't bad either.

Reaction Score
He grades out really poor on some predraft metrics, for what they're worth. Interesting point:

More condemning is this: In the stats-only portion of Pelton's model, Brown ranks an impossibly low 101st among all draft-eligible prospects with a WARP (wins above replacement player) of minus-0.5. For the sake of comparison, Bender ranks second in that model with a WARP of plus-3.4.

Take a stroll through the archive of draft WARP projections and that mark gets even more worrisome. While a decent number of players have been taken in the first-round teens and 20s with a negative WARP, only two players have been selected in the top 10 with a negative WARP since 2006 -- Austin Rivers (minus-0.1) at No. 10 in 2012 and Joe Alexander (minus-0.1) at No. 8 in 2008.
[EDITORS NOTE: both suck]

Brown scored alarmingly low in Nylon Calculus' projection model. Author Andrew Johnson noted, "Brown leads the 'Do Not Want' list, his overall play all year indicated less than a starter performance at the college level. In my training model, not a single player went from this level of play in their draft year to become a star in the NBA."

Not the model choice: Would Celtics roll dice with Jaylen Brown?

Buuuuut....he was the captain of his middle-school chess team!
He seemed like a reach at 3.

Reaction Score
There have been some sort of head scratching selections. I have to admit I don't know much about most of the international guys other than Dragan, but Papagiannis?

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
Ainge is terrible. I said it, Celtics fans have their heads so far up his A for so long. He amassed all these "assets" sits on them until they become less valuable than anticipated, then doesn't make any moves (Noel/Covington and Butler were both proposed) instead to take Jaylen Brown and his 29% shooting from the field.

In the last 8 first round picks Ainge has taken: MarShon Brooks Jared Sullinger Fab Melo Kelly Olynyk Marcus Smart James Young Terry Rozier R.J. Hunter.
Awful.

Reaction Score
There have been some sort of head scratching selections. I have to admit I don't know much about most of the international guys other than Dragan, but Papagiannis?
Papagiannis seems like a huge reach, we were looking at him a year or so ago.

Reaction Score
Papagiannis seems like a huge reach, we were looking at him a year or so ago.
Yea, what little I know about him is that he really wasn't all that good. However, I am not an NBA GM so I have to assume they know more than I do about this.

Reaction Score
Yea, what little I know about him is that he really wasn't all that good. However, I am not an NBA GM so I have to assume they know more than I do about this.
He looked incredibly slow.

Reaction Score
The Celtics did blow it with their 3rd pick. That was just so dumb.

Reaction Score
Ainge is terrible. I said it, Celtics fans have their heads so far up his A for so long. He amassed all these "assets" sits on them until they become less valuable than anticipated, then doesn't make any moves (Noel/Covington and Butler were both proposed) instead to take Jaylen Brown and his 29% shooting from the field.

In the last 8 first round picks Ainge has taken: MarShon Brooks Jared Sullinger Fab Melo Kelly Olynyk Marcus Smart James Young Terry Rozier R.J. Hunter.
Awful.
Phil Jackson seems to know what's doing.

Reaction Score

Awful.

You sound exactly like Mike Felger lol.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
Thank God Ainge drafted those two euro bigs. Add in Olynyk and Sullinger and you have an NBA front court that embodies toughness, LOL.

Reaction Score

Awful.
Only one of those was a lottery pick. The rest were all mid to late first rounders.

Jae Crowder and Isaiah Thomas were incredible trade acquisitions. The Nets trade was arguably the biggest fleecing of all time.

He got a first round talent last night in Demetrius Jackson at 45. Zizic is a great offensive big man, and Yabulese gets Draymond comps. Brown has a high ceiling and the Celtics have a great coach in Stevens. Not all of these guys will pan out, but I don't see how you could hate their draft at all.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
The C's won 48 games with one of the youngest teams in the NBA and they have stockpiled draft picks, their future looks great

and people are bashing the man who set this up

priceless

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member