Ot: (kinda) pre game place to eat | The Boneyard

Ot: (kinda) pre game place to eat

Reaction Score
Bringing my 7 year old to her 1st uconn game this weekend at the XL(yes girls game). Looking for a kid friendly place to eat with some character. Co worker said woody's.. any good places

Reaction Score
For a seven year old I would agree. There are not a ton of kid friendly options in and around XL center. Woody's is a hot dog joint that offers burgers and a couple other selections. Big Miami dolphin hangout. But it has character and it is kid friendly which is more than can be said for most other places in downtown.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
For a seven year old I would agree. There are not a ton of kid friendly options in and around XL center. Woody's is a hot dog joint that offers burgers and a couple other selections. Big Miami dolphin hangout. But it has character and it is kid friendly which is more than can be said for most other places in downtown.
Yeah, I would agree. City Steam is another option. Definitely kid friendly--we've been bringing our kids there since they were younger than that. Not many great options.

Reaction Score
There is a Pannera and a Burger King in the same area as City Steam. Was just at City Steam last weekend before going to Hartford Stage. Nice place. Also an Irish restaurant on Pratt St. went there recently before a men's BB game.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Depends what kind of beer and wings does she prefer?
Do you really need to ask?

mojodog2-jpg.12447

Reaction Score
Woodys would be great but get there at least an hour and a half prior to tip off. Slow isn't a strong enough word to describe it.

Vaughn's Public House is a good Irish bar on Pratt street but is often very crowded before games.

City Steam is always a good choice.

Reaction Score
Went with woody's after the game. Had a blast. Daughter was picked to go on the court during starting lineup hi 5s

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom