OT: Kentucky Derby | The Boneyard

OT: Kentucky Derby

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Can't take the favorites so I'll go with Firing Line but if Itsaknockout wins I'm betting Pacquiao tonite

Reaction Score
the preakness is going to be very interesting, wonder if an horse that didn't win will be held out and then thrown into the belmont like last year, killing california chrome's shot for the triple crown

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
the preakness is going to be very interesting, wonder if an horse that didn't win will be held out and then thrown into the belmont like last year, killing california chrome's shot for the triple crown
I've never understood how horses can wear down from a few races weeks apart. If I were to put 40lbs on my back today and run a mile and a half as fast as I could, it wouldn't take me two weeks to recover and be ready to do it again. In fact, I'm surprised they don't get better with good hard runs every two weeks and management and training in between. In high school I ran both the 1500 and 3000 competitively twice a week (albeit without extra pounds on my back) and got progressively faster through the season.

Someone here has to know about this stuff. What is it about a horse that it can't recover from a mile and a half after two weeks?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom