OT-Kemba tonight. | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT-Kemba tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
He's so incredibly likable. We've never had a talented player put in the work and improve as much as he did, and he's doing it again in the NBA. He's already at the age where you think you've got what you've got, but he's still getting better.
Next time I see Calhoun, I'm going to ask him if Kemba is the most likable person he's seen.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
Kudos to Kemba or not settling on being a good player but he's become a truly great PG. we got NBA league pass to watch him after seeing him destroy a few teams during the preview. He's become a terrific outside shooter, put in a ton of work in the offseason and still can get anywhere with the dribble.

Still closes out games the way he did in college and MSG. I saw a stat a few weeks ago when the score is 4 pts or less with 2-3 mins left, he either leads NBA in scoring or was second/third behind Curry/Durant!
MJ definitely saw something in him.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
He is proving that he deserved to be an All-Star
Kemba is averaging 25 ppg over his last 20 games, dude is a stud.

And most people said his ceiling was an average at best NBA pg. Kemba's proven, if you give the kid time to develop, he's going to kill it.

Really good for the UCONN brand too.

Reaction Score

Kemba Walker, G, Hornets (team captain): Walker's filthy, mean-spirited handle is even filthier now that he can shoot; fancy jitterbugging doesn't get you far if defenders duck under every screen. They can't do that as often with Walker hitting a career-best 37 percent from deep, and when opposing point guards chase him over picks, Walker is pulling up for Lillardian triples.

Walker might have the league's nastiest crossover, a low-to-the-ground left-to-right job that leaves saps lurching the wrong way on broken ankles. He'll fake toward a pick, coax his man that direction, and then zoom the other way into open water. Trap him on the pick-and-roll, and he'll scrunch down like a sprinter at the starting block before jetting through the crevice in between defenders.

Walker manages three direction changes in the time it takes most dudes to pull one, but when he sees a clear lane to pay dirt, he can hit the turbo button for a straight ahead bum-rush. The threat of that drive spooks defenders into backpedaling, and Walker exploits that with a deadly step-back jumper that covers so much ground that it's really more of a lunge-back shot.

He's shooting 60 percent near the basket, by far his career best, and he appears more comfortable kissing floaters off the glass. Walker has been a delight to watch for the scorching Hornets, and he might be the league's most fearless clutch shooter; no one has jacked more shots within the last three minutes of close games, per NBA.com, and Walker has canned a tidy 44 percent of those high-leverage looks.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Seriously, you just have to laugh when you remember that the bad Hansborough beat out Kemba.

This one I disagree with. Now, I thought Kemba was the best player in the country that year. And deserved NPOY.

But as counter intuitive as it is, Hansborough outplayed KW in the BE regular season. His numbers were better iirc. I wasn't totally against it.

The typical BE referring hurt Kemba's production. He was a complete beast OOC.

Reaction Score
Did we ever find out who didnt vote for Kemba for 1st team all big east back in 2011? Was it really Cronin or was that just an easy target for Calhoun? That baffles my mind

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
33 points and 10 assists in the Hornets' 3rd straight win. And 2 turnovers for a 5:1 Assist to turnover ratio.

This is the Kemba Walker I thought we'd see in the NBA. It looks like he's really solidifying himself as a top point guard.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
And another monster game tonight, beating the pelicans. Which is a lousy name for a franchise. Might as well call them the yard goats or something.

Anyway, Kemba with what's become kind of his norm of late. 33/7/7.
50% from the field, 50% from 3. Only 75% from the line though (12 f 16).
2 steals and 0 turnovers.

Reaction Score
his numbers are bananas. He is doing what lillard is doing with no hype

Reaction Score
On a tangential note, I've discovered that there are no more delusional people on the internet than Jeremy Lin fans, who hate, hate, hate Kemba with the sort of hatred normally reserved for religious turmoil in the Middle East. In their world, Lin has to sit so that Clifford can play his pet, who is vastly inferior in every way. You might not realize it, but today it was Lin's 2 baskets at the start of the 4th that were the reason for the win, and yet he was pulled for no reason so Kemba could be the hero. (They also think Jrue scored all 38 of his points on Kemba, even though Kemba spent most of his time guarding Toney Douglas.)

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
On a tangential note, I've discovered that there are no more delusional people on the internet than Jeremy Lin fans, who hate, hate, hate Kemba with the sort of hatred normally reserved for religious turmoil in the Middle East. In their world, Lin has to sit so that Clifford can play his pet, who is vastly inferior in every way. You might not realize it, but today it was Lin's 2 baskets at the start of the 4th that were the reason for the win, and yet he was pulled for no reason so Kemba could be the hero. (They also think Jrue scored all 38 of his points on Kemba, even though Kemba spent most of his time guarding Toney Douglas.)
Answer: Asians

Why: Because there are 3 billion of them and Lin is the only one who is tall enough to play basketball.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Answer: Asians

Why: Because there are 3 billion of them and Lin is the only one who is tall enough to play basketball.

1be.jpg

Reaction Score
Lin fans on hornets forums /sites are insufferable . Entering the season they believed Lin would usurp Walker as the pg Ha! Really good observation gurley... The funny thing is they don't even realize lamb is a more valuable player.

The hornets fan base don't even care for lamb , which is insane. He is one of the best back up sg's in the NBA via many metrics; real plus minus , value added , and offensive stats like PER. Man how awesome is it lamb and walker are reaching their peak on a playoff team ... Drummond is in their heels!

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
@James post reminded me to ask if anyone knows why Lamb's play time has dropped significantly lately? He's been getting like 15 mpg for a few weeks now.

Reaction Score
This meme is GOAT status , but man was Yao good when healthy. Supreme skill and gobs of swag. Also a great , humurous guy.. Globally the guy did more for the league than ANYBODY.

I just remember Yao barking at Chris Kaman saying he couldn't check him --

Boss

Reaction Score
@James post reminded me to ask if anyone knows why Lamb's play time has dropped significantly lately? He's been getting like 15 mpg for a few weeks now.
Well Courtney Lee is a really good two way player at the shooting guard slot. Honestly he's one of my favorite guys in the league because of his two way ability and 'role acceptance'. He's also a great great catch n shoot guy.

Having said that , lamb is clearly way more talented. He just has serious issues guarding bigger thicker players and he often is careless on weakside d.

The cha coaching staff knows how good lamb is ( unless they are asanine ; lamb is playing like the second best back up sg in the lesgue) so he'll be getting minutes on a contender. That's very nice for a 23 year old.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Well Courtney Lee is a really good two way player at the shooting guard slot. Honestly he's one of my favorite guys in the league because of his two way ability and 'role acceptance'. He's also a great great catch n shoot guy.

Having said that , lamb is clearly way more talented. He just has serious issues guarding bigger thicker players and he often is careless on weakside d.

The cha coaching staff knows how good lamb is ( unless they are asanine ; lamb is playing like the second best back up sg in the lesgue) so he'll be getting minutes on a contender. That's very nice for a 23 year old.

How sick would it be if Kemba drives this team to be an actual contender (not talking this year per se)? THAT is truly the sign of greatness. Like JC bringing UCONN to the promised land.

Crazy thing is, I don't watch much NBA, but there's things going on right now I can't ignore. Seth Curry is making me tune in--have to see that. The Celtics (technically my team) underachieving all for one and one for all thing is making me tune in. And Kemba's ascension has me catching the odd Charlotte game when I can. Pretty cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DyNASTY#3

Top Bottom