OT-Kemba tonight. | The Boneyard

OT-Kemba tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
He's killing it with the hornets but he needs to get to a bigger market. Get his name out there. Knicks :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Kudos to Kemba or not settling on being a good player but he's become a truly great PG. we got NBA league pass to watch him after seeing him destroy a few teams during the preview. He's become a terrific outside shooter, put in a ton of work in the offseason and still can get anywhere with the dribble.

Still closes out games the way he did in college and MSG. I saw a stat a few weeks ago when the score is 4 pts or less with 2-3 mins left, he either leads NBA in scoring or was second/third behind Curry/Durant!

Reaction Score
He's killing it with the hornets but he needs to get to a bigger market. Get his name out there. Knicks :rolleyes:
Kemba is not going anywhere for a while. Hornets extended him last year with what is looking like a team friendly deal. Plus he is the face of the franchise now, his teammates love him and so does the owner. He is a true leader.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score

The scoop layup at about the 35 second mark -- he stole that move from me. <G>

Rec league game in the late 60s or very early 70s, I made essentially that exact move, splitting two of the best defenders in the league and scooping it in from way out in front of my body. To this day, it remains the highlight memory of my basketball career, such as it was. Heck, it might be the only specific play I can remember. To Kemba, it's just another in a long litany of highlights on just one of the many highlight films he's responsible for.

Reaction Score
They were totally hosed in the Anthony Davis/MKG draft lottery. Imagine that team, and Kemba's game with him dishing to Davis, or the 2 drawing defenders away from each other. 2012 wasn't a great draft at the top, but things would be vastly different for them if they had taken Drummond, who is the best player in that draft not named Davis. KW and AD would have been a great 1/5 combo.

Hopefully the "brain"trust in Charlotte can bring in a few players via the draft or FA (most likely has to be the draft because FA's wont go to CLT) to get KW deep into the playoffs. If he can get a team deep, he will get more of the recognition he deserves right now.

Reaction Score
He's been as good as anyone since the all-star break.
Should have won player of the week. I watched tonight ; if anyone isn't paying attention ezpass is playing like March uconn Kemba in the NBA . He just looks like a star in the floor , whether it's making a fool of elite defender Rubio

or on the bench getting hype with his teammates. Oozes confidences and he is indeed playing the best basketball of his career.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
Remember when Jimmer Freddette was the best player in the nation in the 2010-2011 season?

The Knicks just declined on giving him a second 10-day contract, would have literally cost them nothing, no risk at all. Yet they still declined, 4 teams zero play time, back to the D league. I guess America really wanted white Mormon who can play basketball storyline that year.

Reaction Score
Remember when Jimmer Freddette was the best player in the nation in the 2010-2011 season?

The Knicks just declined on giving him a second 10-day contract, would have literally cost them nothing, no risk at all. Yet they still declined, 4 teams zero play time, back to the D league. I guess America really wanted white Mormon who can play basketball storyline that year.

Kemba didn't even win BE POY, never mind nationally.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
Should have won player of the week. I watched tonight ; if anyone isn't paying attention ezpass is playing like March uconn Kemba in the NBA . He just looks like a star in the floor , whether it's making a fool of elite defender Rubio

or on the bench getting hype with his teammates. Oozes confidences and he is indeed playing the best basketball of his career.

Its crazy how eerily similar Kemba's move here is with this similar cross from Shabazz

edit: for anyone confused as to why Shabazz is wearing a red jersey here, this is rare footage of that one time an NBA coach had the stones to let him just play basketball since it was a preseason game.

Reaction Score
I distinctly remember the first time I saw film on him. Some sort of HS all star game in a gym with multiple games going at once. He made a lay in shot, then busted his ass to get back on D, beating all 4 teammates back on D and getting the block. I distinctly remember thinking, "God I love this kid."

Reaction Score
We've talked a lot about layups around here and our inability to make them. Kemba might be the best and most creative layup maker I've ever seen. As a little guy you need to be able to make them from all different court angles, arm angles, high off the glass, quick one handed scoop layups, all types of spin etc. Well Kemba has the full arsenal, he's so much fun to watch. He got a bit of the shaft on not being named an all-star but most improved player should be in the bag for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DyNASTY#3

Top Bottom