OT: KD - yikes that's a lot of money | The Boneyard

OT: KD - yikes that's a lot of money

Status
Not open for further replies.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Kevin Durant offered an enormous contract from Under Armor (LINK). Nike has the right to match.

Kevin Durant's representation Roc Nation Sports informed Nike on Wednesday that he has a deal on the table with Under Armour worth between $265 million and $285 million over 10 years, sources told ESPN.com.

The deal includes Under Armour stock and other incentives, such a community center built in his mother's name, whose exact worth will not be known for some time.

Reaction Score
I find it funny that Under Armor is giving nearly a billion dollars (stock in the company is a huge amount that Nike won't match) to the guy who couldn't even bench 185 once during the draft combine to be the face of their brand.. Does Under Armor even make compression shirts that can fit his skinny frame? Haha

Realtalk: UA shoes are garbage compared to Nikes.

Reaction Score
His deal would pay him more per year than he gets paid by the Thunder. Makes you think... He'd be an Under Armor employee who happens to play in the NBA.

Reaction Score
hard to pass on that deal considering everything else they're throwing in besides just the money. sucks that its happening right as his KD line is really taking off, the KD6 was very popular and now the KD7 is everywhere and one of the better looking "modern" basketball sneaker on the market.

Reaction Score
His deal would pay him more per year than he gets paid by the Thunder. Makes you think... He'd be an Under Armor employee who happens to play in the NBA.
the deal would be nearly equal to what shaq made his whole career in the nba...!

Reaction Score

I agree with this, the design is off. they look like boxing shoes. especially the new steph currys/kembas

Reaction Score
The Community Center is a deal maker. Smart UA move, getting Mom excited.

Also it justifies the money grab; "It wasn't about the money at all, its more about UA's commitment to the community".

Win/Win for Kevin.

Now how does UA win spending more than a 1/4 billion dollars for his face/name? It must make financial sense.

AstarIsBorn31

Underrated Poster
Reaction Score
This is a crazy amount of money. If Nike matches it you would assume Lebron would be at the front door saying I want Durants deal + another million. People are saying its a ploy by UA (based in Maryland) to get durant to the wizards when his contract is up which I wouldnt mind seeing. Beal, Wall, Durant...Would def make the east more interesting. Also UA is on the up with their sneakers and I would prolly snag a pair before Adidas. Except for these that you can probably find on the shelves of goodwill
1249669-001_DEFAULT

Reaction Score
I find it funny that Under Armor is giving nearly a billion dollars (stock in the company is a huge amount that Nike won't match) to the guy who couldn't even bench 185 once during the draft combine to be the face of their brand.. Does Under Armor even make compression shirts that can fit his skinny frame? Haha

I think he'd probably wear Keds if they gave him enough. I'm personally a fan of reeboks myself over nike.

Reaction Score
I wonder how much the price is raised on each pair of shoes with these insane amounts paid to advertising, players, coaches and teams? It's America (or asia where they are made) and that's how it works but the kids on the street take it hard. A $15 pair goes for $110.

Reaction Score
I wonder how much the price is raised on each pair of shoes with these insane amounts paid to advertising, players, coaches and teams? It's America (or asia where they are made) and that's how it works but the kids on the street take it hard. A $15 pair goes for $110.

They don't have to buy them.

Reaction Score
UA CEO Kevin Plank is a smart smart dude. I work in Finance and he is very good at controlling the story when the talk is UA. When they were criticized at the US speed skating team's lousy performance, he was masterful at changing the story from blame Under Armour to we are putting our money where our mouth is and going all in on this endeavor.

UA clothes are so nice, hoping the shoes catch up!

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
UA clothes are so nice, hoping the shoes catch up!

Yeah, their tech gear is great. I've never seen a pair of shoes, athletic cleats or otherwise, that is any good though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom