OT: Julius Randle | The Boneyard

OT: Julius Randle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Tough break, so to speak. Never fun to seek a kid get hurt, especially in his first NBA game.

On another note, I'm going to set the over/under on number of games before Kobe murders a teammate at 35.

Also, gotta love Byron Scott bucking the trend and coming out against the three pointer. I'm waiting for him to say the best shot in basketball is a 19 foot jumper from the wing. They are going to be a horror show.

Reaction Score
If we're searching for silver linings in regards to the Randle injury, let's be thankful it occurred in a Lakers uniform and not a Kentucky one. That's the type of thing that could have delayed his entre to the draft by two years.

The Lakers' roster is just an eyesore - Jeremy Lin has been a turnover machine his entire career and he was abysmal tonight. Kobe is going to have the type of season that will have the advanced metrics crew storming the court with pitchforks, and he's playing for possibly the only head coach alive who will only encourage his chorus of deep, contested twos. And then there are the laundry list of Xavier Henry, Wesley Johnson, and Jordan Hill sorts, capped off by Carolos Boozer who has become a caricature of himself. Add in a former superstar in the denial stage of his battle with father time, and this is going to get very ugly.

Reaction Score
They are going to be such a disaster. That is one the worst defensive rosters I've ever seen, actually not sure this team does anything well.

Reaction Score
sucks for him, I thought he'd have a great year, so I guess I'm happy I didn't end up drafting him in any fantasy leagues!

Reaction Score
Feel really bad for the kid… For the Lakers, not so much.

Reaction Score
If we're searching for silver linings in regards to the Randle injury, let's be thankful it occurred in a Lakers uniform and not a Kentucky one. That's the type of thing that could have delayed his entre to the draft by two years.

The Lakers' roster is just an eyesore - Jeremy Lin has been a turnover machine his entire career and he was abysmal tonight. Kobe is going to have the type of season that will have the advanced metrics crew storming the court with pitchforks, and he's playing for possibly the only head coach alive who will only encourage his chorus of deep, contested twos. And then there are the laundry list of Xavier Henry, Wesley Johnson, and Jordan Hill sorts, capped off by Carolos Boozer who has become a caricature of himself. Add in a former superstar in the denial stage of his battle with father time, and this is going to get very ugly.

All you had to say was Carlos Boozer. Any team with Carlos Boozer is doomed (and not in the good UConn way). He screwed over a blind guy. That follows you pretty much forever.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Sam Bowie redux?

A good example of why Bazz's route of staying in school and getting g a degree matters. If Bazz has a catastrophic injury tomorrow he has a path for success in life.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Thank goodness he left early and this happened after he signed a contract. He's already a multimillionaire. If this happened at Kentucky he'd run the risk of Losing draft position and money.

These kids should leave when their draft status is highest. He can always go back and finish his degree.

Reaction Score
I wonder how the current uk players felt when they read about that this morning? This season probably can't end quick enough (and it hasn't even started) for many of them.

Reaction Score
Sam Bowie redux?

A good example of why Bazz's route of staying in school and getting g a degree matters. If Bazz has a catastrophic injury tomorrow he has a path for success in life.

Thank goodness he left early and this happened after he signed a contract. He's already a multimillionaire. If this happened at Kentucky he'd run the risk of Losing draft position and money.

These kids should leave when their draft status is highest. He can always go back and finish his degree.
Well you've covered both ends of the spectrum quite nicely here… ;)

Reaction Score
Every time an NBA player gets injured it is not a referendum on entering the draft early.

Feel bad for the woeful Lakers and Randle, but my takeaway is one less competitor for Shabazz's rookie of the year candidacy

Reaction Score
Tough break, so to speak. Never fun to seek a kid get hurt, especially in his first NBA game.

On another note, I'm going to set the over/under on number of games before Kobe murders a teammate at 35.

Also, gotta love Byron Scott bucking the trend and coming out against the three pointer. I'm waiting for him to say the best shot in basketball is a 19 foot jumper from the wing. They are going to be a horror show.

To bad because i really like the kid and think he could be really good. Hope he gets back healthy asap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CT2SC

Top Bottom