OT - Julie Hermann continuing to act like scum | The Boneyard

OT - Julie Hermann continuing to act like scum

Status
Not open for further replies.

justinslot

Boneyard Rutgers/Temple lurker
Reaction Score
She's terrible.

And the Julie deadenders on the RU Rivals board--I can't figure them out. I think it's part of their war with the Star-Ledger--if the SL say one thing, they think the opposite, and so Julie's screwups are the SL's fault for reporting them--but hatred of the local rag alone seems insufficient to explain their cult-level support of an AD who only produces gaffes.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
LOL at not having LeGrand on board. I think you may need to fire the new guy too...

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
She may be a nasty and a horrible person but she does get to fill out the athletic department with her own people.

That she chose to replace a well-respected seasoned professional with a hack speaks volumes.

Reaction Score
She was a terrible hire who won't serve them well. Seems everything that was said about her "management" style was correct.

Reaction Score
IDK. It seems to me like a typical personnel change that happens usually when there is change at the top.

Reaction Score
As an aside, I like Mr. Politi's writing style. It's refreshing. As for Julie Hermann, her actions speak volumes. One would think that if the Rutgers gig doesn't work out, she'd be on speed dial for job offers from the Saturday Night Live script writing department.

Reaction Score
This move is not going over well with the main paper here in North Jersey, also.

http://www.northjersey.com/sports/s...man-didn-t-deserve-to-be-forced-out-1.1182640

Hermann is an athletic and PR nightmare that students of NJ don't deserve students have no say in who the AD is. Rutgers' administration is separate, they reap what they sow. The problem is that Rutgers can't fire her though they have enough cause to do so because 1) they can't afford to buy out her contract and 2) it would mean that Rutgers's board and President Barchi made a huge mistake, which means that the person who picked him, Presidential Candidate Christie would have to admit he made a mistake, too. That is not happening until the end of 2016 at the earliest.

Reaction Score
This move is not going over well with the main paper here in North Jersey, also.

http://www.northjersey.com/sports/s...man-didn-t-deserve-to-be-forced-out-1.1182640

Hermann is an athletic and PR nightmare that students of NJ don't deserve students have no say in who the AD is. Rutgers' administration is separate, they reap what they sow. The problem is that Rutgers can't fire her though they have enough cause to do so because 1) they can't afford to buy out her contract and 2) it would mean that Rutgers's board and President Barchi made a huge mistake, which means that the person who picked him, Presidential Candidate Christie would have to admit he made a mistake, too. That is not happening until the end of 2016 at the earliest.
None of this matters in CR. Rutgers is a member of the B1G. Nothing will change it. All of the discussions about this woman are meaningless to UConn.

Reaction Score
None of this matters in CR. Rutgers is a member of the B1G. Nothing will change it. All of the discussions about this woman are meaningless to UConn.
I don't think anyone is saying otherwise. In fairness to the OP, he posted this as OT.

Reaction Score

Never said it would. Just provides a good contrast between a good AD Pernetti who was thrown under the bus by Christie appointed President Barchi and a horrible AD in Hermann. I am hoping that Warde is more of a Pernetti than a Hermann.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Never said it would. Just provides a good contrast between a good AD Pernetti who was thrown under the bus by Christie appointed President Barchi and a horrible AD in Hermann. I am hoping that Warde is more of a Pernetti than a Hermann.
Agree. I would have rather seen Barchi leave, but the merger of state schools made that unlikely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom