OT: Josh Gordon | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Josh Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
You sound like Reefer Madness.

Who's the last athlete this good - first team all-NFL, Pro Bowl, franchise receiving record all in his second professional season - who let marijuana derail his career. This isn't even booze we're talking about.

FrankIvy's point might have some merit if the kid himself hadn't requested reinstatement, so he obviously has not decided he doesn't want to play anymore.

I hope you aren't implying that Alcohol would be a better drug to be addicted to than weed...

Reaction Score
You sound like Reefer Madness.

Who's the last athlete this good - first team all-NFL, Pro Bowl, franchise receiving record all in his second professional season - who let marijuana derail his career. This isn't even booze we're talking about.

FrankIvy's point might have some merit if the kid himself hadn't requested reinstatement, so he obviously has not decided he doesn't want to play anymore.
A History of Sports Careers Ruined By Drugs and Alcohol

Len Bias ODed right after getting drafted.

Reaction Score
I hope you aren't implying that Alcohol would be a better drug to be addicted to than weed...
Probably that it's the more common, more troublesome thing for athletes to deal with. At least that's how I took it to mean.

Reaction Score
Look what alcohol did to our boy Vin Baker... look what weed is doing to Cliff aka Spliffy Robinson.

Can't wait for 20 years to watch "The People Vs Johnny Manziel"

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Look what alcohol did to our boy Vin Baker... look what weed is doing to Cliff aka Spliffy Robinson.

Can't wait for 20 years to watch "The People Vs Johnny Manziel"

Cliff? Weed is making Mr spliff (more) Rich.

Reaction Score

No, I was implying that if he was an inveterate alcoholic it would be more understandable, given that alcoholism is a pernicious disease that some people struggle their whole lives to conquer. If he just can't stop getting high, that's ridiculous. He smokes because he's anxious? See a therapist. He smokes because he's got social anxiety disorder? See a therapist. He smokes because he likes getting high. Stop doing it.

What did weed do to Cliff, besides provide him a potentially lucrative business venture?

Reaction Score
Vin baker + alcohol = bad
Cliff + weed = good

Right, Cliff is successful again and getting paid. Alcohol ruins lives.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TNS

Top Bottom