OT - Johnny Manziel enters treatment | The Boneyard

OT - Johnny Manziel enters treatment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/1...eveland-browns-entering-rehab-improve-himself

"Johnny knows there are areas in which he needs to improve in order to be a better family member, friend and teammate and he thought the offseason was the right time to take this step," Beckworth said.

I would assume this alcohol related...hope he squares himself away so we can see what talent he really may have on the football field.

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2014/12/skip-bayless-johnny-manziel-alcoholic-browns

Reaction Score
He's a total mess and I don't think the talent is there to succeed in the NFL even if he gets his head on straight.

Reaction Score
If someone had asked me if I thought Johnny Football would end up in rehab..my answer would have been "do bears in the woods?" This kid will be out of football faster than Todd Marinovich.

Reaction Score
If someone had asked me if I thought Johnny Football would end up in rehab..my answer would have been "do bears in the woods?" This kid will be out of football faster than Todd Marinovich.

Last year I had the over/under at 2.5 years. It looks like the under was the money.

Reaction Score
You don't roll bills in the bathroom for alcohol.

Reaction Score
Makes me wonder if Texas A&M turned a blind eye to his off the field activities.
More likely I think Sumlin told him that it was time to move on and that he needed to square his away.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
Anyone else read that article in ESPN Mag about a year ago? Odd comments from his dad basically saying it was a matter of time before something bad happened to his son. Painted a portrait of a spoiled kid out of control who needed a wake up call.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Pardon me if I'm a bit cynical about this. Johnny Football's problem isn't about substance abuse, it's about not wanting to put in the time.

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
Pardon me if I'm a bit cynical about this. Johnny Football's problem isn't about substance abuse, it's about not wanting to put in the time.

Because he would rather party - take the party away and you might see a more concerted effort on his part towards football.

Just sayin'

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Eh - he's a kid and he recognized that he has a problem with something.

Whatever it is, I hope it works out for him.

Reaction Score
Eh - he's a kid and he recognized that he has a problem with something.

Whatever it is, I hope it works out for him.

I'd say life has already worked out for him. I couldn't care less if he works it out or not. But I'm not surprised that people are taking joy in his troubles after rubbing it in everyone's faces over the last 3 years.

I bet he's next to Tebow on the SEC sportsdesk by 2017.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom