OT: Joel Embiid to miss another season | The Boneyard

OT: Joel Embiid to miss another season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Another Greg Oden it looks like, just can't stay healthy.

Reaction Score
That sucks, he was my favorite C prospect since Duncan, can't imagine a guy his size and at his weight recovering from these foot issues now.

Reaction Score
Saw him play a few times and was never impressed. Stick a fork in him. Philly is just about done with him,thats why they took Okafor.

JonnyRI

The files are in the computer
Reaction Score
It's amazing that no one learns. You don't draft guys with foot or back problems.

Reaction Score
At least my Sixers did the right thing and drafted Jahlil Okafor... Wonder if Emeka's back is better, maybe he can provide a little more depth up front this season for us too...

Reaction Score
Saw him play a few times and was never impressed. Stick a fork in him. Philly is just about done with him,thats why they took Okafor.

Bingo. I was never impressed with him either. Okafor will be 10x the pro Embiid will ever be. Great draft choice by the 76ers.

Reaction Score
At least my Sixers did the right thing and drafted Jahlil Okafor... Wonder if Emeka's back is better, maybe he can provide a little more depth up front this season for us too...

Even if his neck/back is better no way he signs with the 76ers seeing they aren't trying to win yet...I Def could see him join a team like the Clips as a backup big.

Reaction Score
Bingo. I was never impressed with him either. Okafor will be 10x the pro Embiid will ever be. Great draft choice by the 76ers.

You were never impressed with who, Embiid? Are you blind, the kid was going to be a superstar at some point if healthy. His size and athletic skills blanketed Emeka's potential coming out. Let's not be crazy here the way his game was growing was pretty amazing and not to see that evolving is basically being blind.

Reaction Score
You were never impressed with who, Embiid? Are you blind, the kid was going to be a superstar at some point if healthy. His size and athletic skills blanketed Emeka's potential coming out. Let's not be crazy here the way his game was growing was pretty amazing and not to see that evolving is basically being blind.

He was referring to Jahlil Okafor, and yea I liked a healthy Embiid way more than J Okafor. True 7 footer without shoes(look at the pics of him and Okafor side by side) and miles better on the defensive end.

Reaction Score
Yeah, Embiid was a special prospect before the health problems. His per minute numbers in his one year @ Kansas were off the charts, and he was just learning how to play the game. Some of the passes he would make out of the post were really incredible for a big his age.

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
Saw him play a few times and was never impressed. Stick a fork in him. Philly is just about done with him [Embiid],thats why they took Okafor.
Bingo. I was never impressed with him [Embiid] either. Okafor will be 10x the pro Embiid will ever be. Great draft choice by the 76ers.
He was referring to Jahlil Okafor, and yea I liked a healthy Embiid way more than J Okafor. True 7 footer without shoes(look at the pics of him and Okafor side by side) and miles better on the defensive end.
I think JimOllie was talking about Embiid.

Reaction Score

Ok I wasn't sure. I'm not as half sold on Okafor as I was Embiid coming out minus the health issues.

Reaction Score
images

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
lol, aware of that, the comparison was b/w Okafor and Embiid, mau saw it as Emeka Okafor and not Jahlil Okafor
Well I guess I'm the idiot then.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Nailed the Duke pick too. They were horrible last year.

It took 2 minutes for you to bite. I overestimated you.

Are you talking about the same Final 4 where I picked 3 of 4 11 months before it happened? Of course, it is easy for you to throw stones at my predictions when all you do is cut others down while not adding anything to the board.

Give me your best "I told you so" post. Let's see what that looks like.

Reaction Score

Yes I was referring to Jahlil, not Emeka. I think Jahlil will be a 20 and 10-guy while Embiid is pure "potential." Embiid certainly can be a good pro but I just think Okafor will be better.

Reaction Score
Yes I was referring to Jahlil, not Emeka. I think Jahlil will be a 20 and 10-guy while Embiid is pure "potential." Embiid certainly can be a good pro but I just think Okafor will be better.

He will be now, as mount said big guys feet never get better. If they were both coming out this year after their careers and there were no signs of health issues I would guess 80-90% of the NBA would have taken Embiid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom