OT Joe Girard to Syracuse | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT Joe Girard to Syracuse

Reaction Score
That name will always make me sick

That is all; carry on

Why? Sure it's unfortunate that Kemba didn't get as much recognition as he possiblity would have otherwise. But he has had the last laugh. Truth prevailed. He won the title that year and has gone to have very good NBA career. Pointless accolades are just that.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Why? Sure it's unfortunate that Kemba didn't get as much recognition as he possiblity would have otherwise. But he has had the last laugh. Truth prevailed. He won the title that year and has gone to have very good NBA career. Pointless accolades are just that.
Right. Agree on all that. But Kemba was by far the best player in the big east and the country. Look at the team around him for most of the year and then look at what he won and records he broke. That’s before the NC

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
That name will always make me sick

That is all; carry on
I remember reading a tweet saying Jimmer is putting up numbers on the freshmen and Kemba is putting up numbers on the varsity

Reaction Score
It will be interesting - he can shoot from anywhere, but for some reason I'm just not convinced that he's the next coming of basketball Jesus. Part of my distaste for JG3 is the absurd amount of fawning over him in Section II, but it's not just him that gets that treatment, it seems very odd to me.

He'll be ok, but will he be a transcendent player, probably not.

What is section II?

Reaction Score
Lol NPOY “pointless accolades”

Reaction Score
To Syracuse, he looks like a Gerry McNamara clone. Not that athletic, not great defensively, but a knock down shooter, volume shooter, with in-the-gym range, and big balls. Kid averaged over 50 points a game as a junior. Sure, against mediocre competition, but still, those are crazy numbers. And he did very well in EYBL, as did Boeheim's son. The two of them played with Isaiah Stewart in AAU ball. And we just got an official visit from Stewart.

Ok, IthacaMatt, I'll play along. Would you rather have Joe Girard, or James Bouknight committed to your school?

Because I know what all of us "biased" UConn fans will say (in a heartbeat, JB)... but also pretty much any unbiased observer would say the same thing.

James Bouknight - All. Day. Long.

P.S. And good luck with that trying to beat out Kentucky AND Duke for Isaiah Stewart... even with him being from Rochester, your chances are... well, let's just say that the cheating/extra benefits thing your program was doing last decade to get guys like Fab Melo better be reinstated ASAP.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jjblox

Top Bottom