OT; Jack Bruce, free at last | The Boneyard

OT; Jack Bruce, free at last

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
He died today at 71! An amazing musician and songwriter. I still think that Cream was the greatest rock band of all time. And Ginger Baker is still alive at 76!! Amazing!

Reaction Score
He died today at 71! An amazing musician and songwriter. I still think that Cream was the greatest rock band of all time. And Ginger Baker is still alive at 76!! Amazing!

Clapton's alive also, though that's not as amazing considering Baker's lifestyle. Wheels of Fire, was the world's first platinum selling double album. Fond memories.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
They sold 35 million records in 2 years.

Saw Cream in October of 68 at the New Haven Arena. Set List

cferraro04

Sensei
Reaction Score
I saw the Creme at the New Haven Arena...this was before the New Haven Colisseum was built. When Ginger Baker was playing the drum solo from "Toad" his drum stick broke, so, he played the last 3-4 minutes of the solo with one stick and his hand. The most amazing drummer ever.

- Toad (epic drum solo by Ginger Baker)

- Sunshine of your love

cferraro04

Sensei
Reaction Score
One more...Crossroads...Creme's farewell concert at Royal Albert Hall, London, England

Reaction Score
RIP

upload_2014-10-26_17-57-41.png

Reaction Score

Cream rocks! Speaking of the GingerMan, he was the maniacal drummer in my favorite, one album rock band, Blind Faith (ahead of the Zeppelin and the Who). Oh crap, that was 45 years ago. Old Guys Rule

Reaction Score
One more...Crossroads...Creme's farewell concert at Royal Albert Hall, London, England

They just played "Crossroads" as they were breaking for a commercial on Sunday Night Football.

Adesmar123

Can you say UConn? I knew you could!
Reaction Score

I think that was also the last time Eric Clapton looked that dorky.

Reaction Score
I just saw Robin Trower in concert in Albany Tuesday night and Robin looks great for 69 years old. He did several albums with Jack. If I might share a story, Robin did a meet and greet after the show and the man in front of me told Robin he remembers exactly where he was when he first heard "Bridge of Sighs" and Robin genuinely seemed surprised after all these years. So he's signing several cd's for me and asked my name and then said "That's amazing he should remember after all these years" and then he gets this look and asks "Do you remember where you were?" and I can honestly say I can. I was having my high school graduation party and my cousin, who was in a band, brought the album over. I heard the beginning to the song, and it's one of those things you just remember. When I brought it to college when people heard that particular song they'd come running to my room. So I asked Robin about the title for the song and album, "Bridge of Sighs", and he said he was reading the newspaper one day and in the sports page there was a headline, "Bridge of Sighs" favored to win. Robin isn't a horse racing fan per se, but he thought it was a great title for a song and used it. I know this takes us away from Jack, but they were good friends. How nice is Robin? My 17 year old son told him "Day of the Eagle" is one of his favorite songs and that he is taking guitar lessons and hopes to play it someday. Robin reached into his pocket, pulled out a guitar pick and gave it to him and wished him well.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Thanks for the clips, cf, great to see there was more than one of us at the old Arena for that concert.

Reaction Score

The first super-group...I saw Jack for the last time a few years ago at Chastain Park in Atlanta...still great...

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
Since this thread is off-topic anyway, and since we have been saluting a great old bassist, I was wondering how may of you know about a fantastic YOUNG bassist, Tal Wilkenfeld. Here is a clip of her playing with Jeff Beck at Eric Clapton's Crossroads Festival. Unbelievable.

Reaction Score
Since this thread is off-topic anyway, and since we have been saluting a great old bassist, I was wondering how may of you know about a fantastic YOUNG bassist, Tal Wilkenfeld. Here is a clip of her playing with Jeff Beck at Eric Clapton's Crossroads Festival. Unbelievable.

Nice...nicer yet if Jeff turned her amp up a bit...

Add in Jimmy Page and you know why all roads lead back to the Yardbirds...

Reaction Score
I saw Cream at the old Oakdale theatre. Back when it was still a tent!
I was there also!!! A friend on Facebook just reminded me of what a great show and what a great time we had!!! We had really great seats!!!

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
He's off to that great, big White Room in the heavens

Reaction Score
They sold 35 million records in 2 years.

Saw Cream in October of 68 at the New Haven Arena. Set List

That must have been incredible! Best concert I ever saw was The Who performing "Tommy" at the old Fillmore East, it was like '69 or '70- not certain- hallucinogens :( Best musical "experience" hands down- Woodstock, summer '69 Arggg, I'm self carbon dating. But this thread makes me realize I'm not alone- cool

Reaction Score
I saw Cream in Boston in 67 in what was essentially a converted parking garage. Never heard of them, but a college roommate insisted I not miss them. They were incredible - both musically and sonically. I was effectively deaf for two days afterwards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom