OT- J Winston Busted | The Boneyard

OT- J Winston Busted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
This is just mind numbing after everything that went on with this kid.

Reminds me of Osiecki stealing a Powerbar. Hey at least Winston went a little higher end.

Reaction Score
Of all the food items to try to steal, King Crab Legs just cracks me up. I can't wait to see a late night skit do a parody of this scene. I mean, what the hell was he thinking?

MTHusky

UCONN Grad class of 1970, living in Brookings OR
Reaction Score
You think people "do time" for petty shoplifting?
You are right, I just over-reacted. I hate people who aren't brought to trail or go before a grand jury for rape

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
You are right, I just over-reacted. I hate people who aren't brought to trail or go before a grand jury for rape

I was going to make fun of your typo but now I'm not sure if they actually bring people to "trail" in Montana......

grayfamily1.jpg

Reaction Score
J. Winston. Nevermind QB'ing in the NFL, he's an obvious first rounder for "The Deadliest Catch's Time Bandit". Course with that kind of thought process, maybe they'd just throw him over with the cage and the bait.

Reaction Score
Guy is a major loser hope he flops.

J. Winston. Nevermind QB'ing in the NFL, he's an obvious first rounder for "The Deadliest Catch's Time Bandit". Course with that kind of thought process, maybe they'd just throw him over with the cage and the bait.

"Major loser"

and

"Throw him over with the cage and bait"

For stealing $32 worth of food that will get him 20 hours of community service?

I hope none of our guys ever do something this stupid...oh wait.

This isn't national news if he wasn't a Heisman award winner and National Champion. It's a really stupid and childish thing to do, but it's not a big deal.

Some of you guys really need to relax. He didn't bang your daughter.

Yet.

Last edited:

MTHusky

Reaction Score
"This isn't national news if he wasn't a Heisman award winner and National Champion. " And wasn't accused of rape and shooting out dorm windows...

Reaction Score
"This isn't national news if he wasn't a Heisman award winner and National Champion. " And wasn't accused of rape and shooting out dorm windows...with a BB gun
FIFY

Coming from the guy who thinks people go to jail for petty theft, and organize their own trials and grand juries I'm confident that my point still stands.

It's hard to investigate a rape accusation when the accuser refuses to be interviewed by the police after making the charges. For her sake, I hope she wasn't raped. But if the Duke lacrosse case didn't teach people I'm not sure what will. The man is innocent until proven guilty.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
"This isn't national news if he wasn't a Heisman award winner and National Champion. " And wasn't accused of rape and shooting out dorm windows...

Shooting out dorm windows is recognized as a sport in Florida. Certainly not a crime.

MTHusky

Reaction Score
FIFY

It is no surprise that the guy who thinks people go to jail for petty theft doesn't understand the difference between an accusation and a conviction.
First of all I said in an earlier post that I over-reacted, here is the quote "You are right, I just over-reacted. I hate people who aren't brought to trail or go before a grand jury for rape" and secondly what does the word accused mean in this post? "And wasn't accused of rape and shooting out dorm windows..." So WTF are you talking about?

Reaction Score
First of all I said in an earlier post that I over-reacted, here is the quote "You are right, I just over-reacted. I hate people who aren't brought to trail or go before a grand jury for rape" and secondly what does the word accused mean in this post? "And wasn't accused of rape and shooting out dorm windows..." So WTF are you talking about?

I edited my post. You can write "accused" but your tone is that of someone who believes he is guilty. In your own words you hate him. Why? Because he wasn't brought to trial or forced to testify to a grand jury? I didn't realize he was responsible for bringing himself to trial, and creating his own grand jury to testify to.

http://espn.go.com/college-football...minoles-questioned-bb-gun-battle-records-show

"The timeline states that police informed the state attorney's office of the investigation on Dec. 7, 2012, the day the incident was reported, but that no suspect had been identified. On Jan. 10, 2013, the alleged victim provided the name of a suspect -- presumably Winston -- and police attempted to follow up with both the accuser and the suspect, according to the statement. Both parties declined to be interviewed through their attorneys. On Feb. 11, the case was deemed open but inactive."

The timeline doesn't even state when the alleged rape took place, just when it was reported. A month later a suspect is provided. Then the accuser refuses to be interviewed.

Why would they convene a grand jury for a case where the accuser didn't identify the suspect for a month, and then after doing so, declined to be interviewed by police. What evidence exactly should the grand jury hear to determine if a trial is warranted?

Reaction Score
I was hearing some information stating FSU athletes have been getting free food from that Publix for over a decade. The thought was that Jameis wasn't stealing just taking advantage of a perk and someone called him on it.

If true, would be bad for FSU not just J Winston...Someone call the NCAA!

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
"Major loser"

and

"Throw him over with the cage and bait"

For stealing $32 worth of food that will get him 20 hours of community service?

I hope none of our guys ever do something this stupid...oh wait.

This isn't national news if he wasn't a Heisman award winner and National Champion. It's a really stupid and childish thing to do, but it's not a big deal.

Some of you guys really need to relax. He didn't bang your daughter.

Yet.

Well, there's this one dad in Florida you may want to be care saying that to him.

Reaction Score
No one does time for small time larceny.

With that said, I really have to question this guy's decision making. He could have asked for a crab dinner from a booster that is already paying him.

There was a report in yesterday's NY Post that quoted a former FSU player as saying Winston was copping to shop lifting to cover the fact that Publix has long been providing FSU players with free food.

If that's the case, why would there even be the appearance of shop lifting? Wouldn't there be accepted methodology that allowed players to leave the store; no questions asked? Of course a new Publix Store Manager, not aware of the "deal" (and newly unemployed), may have called the cops. Makes no sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom