OT - It's Hit the Fan So Hard Baylor Needs a New One | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT - It's Hit the Fan So Hard Baylor Needs a New One

Reaction Score
Don't come down on Baylor too hard. Football has brought into question the moral compass of other religious schools. Take a look at this article from the New York Times:

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/12/03/...-liberty-university-sexual-assaults.html?_r=0

Liberty University, run by Jerry Falwell Jr., has hired Ian McCaw, the athletic director at Baylor to be the AD at Liberty. Liberty bills itself as the worlds largest Christian University, and now has designs on improving its football program. They are currently D1, but in the lower division. Some of the quotes are amazing.
Those of us old enough to remember another scandal at a religious institition - Southern Methodist University. Greed and hubris know no barriers.
Most Big time programs have had some kind of "Entitlement" scandals . Okla had so many --the local OK press joked about it: The OKLA FB team is on the HONOR system--yes your honor, No your honor!!
CT Transplant ---(paraphrasing ) Religious schools ---those you'd expect to be MORAL, Decent---seem to lead the way --in the opposite direction--for what they condemn--MONEY!!

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
For a different perspective on college "rape" I suggest reading "The College Rape Frenzy" by KC Johnson.

Probably the most significant takeaways I got from the book are that the numbers of campus sexual assaults are hugely inflated, primarily because the people doing the surveys are agenda driven. Like the author, I cannot fathom why a serious crime like rape is investigated and adjudicated by campus authorities instead of the criminal justice system where it belongs.

Reaction Score
Alcohol, America's favorite legal drug. I like it too. However, an institutional drug, without external restraints, is an open invitation to disaster. Add football, college, and favoritism and you have the date-rape tragedies taking place on all campuses. But big time football pushes the envelope harder for excess at all levels, from recruiting through academic fraud. Then there's the money part, leading to cover ups like the ones at Penn State and North Carolina. I talked to seventh graders who knew, at 12, that high-school athletes signing no-use contracts, as a condition of being on a team, was a total sham. Send them away to college to off-campus parties with powerful football players, and wealthy coaches and the girls don't have a chance.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Like the author, I cannot fathom why a serious crime like rape is investigated and adjudicated by campus authorities instead of the criminal justice system where it belongs.

Bingo.

Reaction Score
Bayarea...

I'm down in Carmel. Next time we play Stanford, or on the Left Coast somewhere, we should gather the Left-leaning UCONN crew and meet up in the stands.
I appreciate the offer!!! I have moved south as of 2013 though.... I used to be in the East Bay, in Wildcat Canyon, then in Marin (Petaluma) ... Yes I always saw the Stanford game.... and always welcomed the chance to see the beauty of that part of Northern California.....

If I am up there when we play there I will contact you that would be so good!!! Thanks.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom