OT - It's Hit the Fan So Hard Baylor Needs a New One | The Boneyard

OT - It's Hit the Fan So Hard Baylor Needs a New One

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Briles duplicity, conniving exposed! Text messages show Art Briles, Baylor coaches knew about crimes

Winning was the only thing, plainly.

"Three of the regents filed a legal document that proves Briles and his Baylor staff knew about multiple violations committed by their players and in some cases conspired to bury the matters. They argue that this evidence was enough to convince them they needed to clean house with the football program.

Here are many text messages uncovered by the Pepper Hamilton law firm as part of their independent investigation into allegations of sexual and domestic assaults committed by Baylor players going unchecked by the school."

The fan? After this stuff hit it, the fan broke.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Ahh, it took a moment to register but due to the extreme amount of "stuff" hitting the fan, the fan is now beyond repair... I need another cup of cofffee. Just a sad situation that is beyond any logical comprehension and frankly, he should be banned for life.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Briles duplicity, conniving exposed! Text messages show Art Briles, Baylor coaches knew about crimes

"Three of the regents filed a legal document that proves Briles and his Baylor staff knew about multiple violations committed by their players and in some cases conspired to bury the matters. They argue that this evidence was enough to convince them they needed to clean house with the football program.

Here are many text messages uncovered by the Pepper Hamilton law firm as part of their independent investigation into allegations of sexual and domestic assaults committed by Baylor players going unchecked by the school."

I think they should fire Briles!! Send him packing NOW!!!

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
"Shillinglaw's present difficulties are of his own doing, not the result of anything the Baylor regents have done," their response states. "The football program was a black hole into which reports of misconduct such as drug use, physical assault, domestic violence, brandishing of guns, indecent exposure, and academic fraud disappeared."

Not funny ett.

"With numerous lawsuits pending in various jurisdictions - both federal and state - the Baylor rape scandal promises to remain a dark cloud over the nation's largest Baptist college for the foreseeable future. Shillinglaw's suit was the second filed within the last week."

Lots of losers in this one. Shillingham was incredibly dumb to have filed that suit.

Reaction Score

I detest the "privileged, and entitled" aspect of Big time College players are given. College rape is an issue. Having said that: I believe you cannot remove a player from the team--for just an accusation. Legal right would tend to say he is due his day in court. I go back 60 years when UConn Men's team in a Yankee Conf final --3 or so of Uconn top players were accused of some wrong doing (not rape)--they were kept from the championship game--the day after the game was played (uconn won) all charges were dropped. I still have severe anger over that abuse.
If College football, some Basketball, or other sports program--treat student athletes as what they are--and not near god status--without special privileges or entitlements maybe many of the rapes and other abuses will be minimized--it won't end.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
I thought the "new fan" comment was directed at me. :D
I think they should fire Briles!! Send him packing NOW!!!
Why so flippant over a circumstance that is so sad, so vile, so reprehensible, and clearly so systemic in a university that supposedly prides itself on "Christian values"? Any attempt at devaluing or minimizing a situation that clearly should remain forever underlined ultimately promotes an atmosphere where this can happen again. Perhaps (hopefully) not in Waco but elsewhere. I fail to see any humor nor anything warm and cuddly about Briles and Co. attempting to continue the dehumanization of these young ladies.

Reaction Score
I wish I could believe that this was all in the cause of making Baylor a more transparent institution. But I suspect it's really about blocking an unlawful dismissal suit by Briles. It's all about the money, and probably a bit of CYA by the regents....

JordyG

Reaction Score
Because this topic has been beaten more than Ronda Rousey.
Yet another situation in which I fail to see any humor. No one is acting as if the failure in the entire Baylor football administration is new. What we're alluding to is the atmosphere, the institutionalized sexism created goes deeper than the smell of the lies and distortions emanating from Starr, McCaw and Briles. It ain't BY-ers bringing out these new revelations.

JordyG

Reaction Score
Bag's suggestion has merit. We here at the BY respect you and your devotion to Texas athletics. Don't let this get too far under you skin.

Last edited by a moderator:

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
This is of interest because at least some of us feel that institutionalized "special" or "immune" status for athletes ultimately injures college athletics as a whole. There is lots of other stuff here to graze on.

Last edited by a moderator:

JordyG

Reaction Score
Because at least some of us feel that institutionalized "special" or "immune" status for athletes ultimately injures college athletics as a whole. There is lots of other stuff here to graze on.
100% .

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
I wish I could believe that this was all in the cause of making Baylor a more transparent institution. But I suspect it's really about blocking an unlawful dismissal suit by Briles. It's all about the money, and probably a bit of CYA by the regents....

Once again you nailed it!! MONEY. Apparently in some institutions Christian --does not mean MORAL. It shames me. I was raised Christian--which to my Dad meant MORAL, Decent, not necessarily church. I know this is a bit ignorant (not knowing what you don't know) I believed always in the
idea/ideals of STUDENT athlete --the Student part was most important. Even at Uconn Money is the code of the day. The sad thing is --it won't end soon if ever in big money sports schools along with all abuses. Fire the coach--problem solved?? Not really. The problems are systemic.

Reaction Score
For the sake of your serenity, I'm thinking you might want to let this blow through and take Superbowl Weekend off from the BY. :)
Yet --as some has said--this vile thread-- is gaining momentum--and viewers.

Reaction Score
"Shillinglaw's present difficulties are of his own doing, not the result of anything the Baylor regents have done," their response states. "The football program was a black hole into which reports of misconduct such as drug use, physical assault, domestic violence, brandishing of guns, indecent exposure, and academic fraud disappeared."

Not funny ett.

"With numerous lawsuits pending in various jurisdictions - both federal and state - the Baylor rape scandal promises to remain a dark cloud over the nation's largest Baptist college for the foreseeable future. Shillinglaw's suit was the second filed within the last week."

Lots of losers in this one. Shillingham was incredibly dumb to have filed that suit.

In the PR contest--and much of this is just that--Baylor loses most. But not for long --we all scream and thump our chests over reports like this--then a week later it occupies not one brain cell. Baylor knows that-- the coaching staff knows that--and so do the players--ENTITLED.
Look at NC--different abuse---same privileged and entitlements--was the school closed down? Were the effected sports programs shut down??

Reaction Score
This really bothers me though i expect it..... 50 something unreported sexual assaults from the football team.... and Baylor does not fire the President .... they reassign him before he decides to go on his own.... and while reassigned he speaks up to support the head football coach who was fired..... sorry Baylor 1 unreported case swept under the rug is too many, 50 something is beyond shameful.... you are a sad case for a purported religious based institution..... never mind the murder of an athlete not too far back and Griner's having to suppress the person she is..... Just wants me to send my kid to Baylor!!!!

Reaction Score
Bayarea...

I'm down in Carmel. Next time we play Stanford, or on the Left Coast somewhere, we should gather the Left-leaning UCONN crew and meet up in the stands.

Reaction Score
Don't come down on Baylor too hard. Football has brought into question the moral compass of other religious schools. Take a look at this article from the New York Times:

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/12/03/...-liberty-university-sexual-assaults.html?_r=0

Liberty University, run by Jerry Falwell Jr., has hired Ian McCaw, the athletic director at Baylor to be the AD at Liberty. Liberty bills itself as the worlds largest Christian University, and now has designs on improving its football program. They are currently D1, but in the lower division. Some of the quotes are amazing.

Reaction Score
Those of us old enough to remember another scandal at a religious institition - Southern Methodist University. Greed and hubris know no barriers.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom