OT-Is Brady hurt? | Page 4 | The Boneyard

OT-Is Brady hurt?

Status
Not open for further replies.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I thought I heard they had gotten rid of him. Just double checked. No idea why he's still there.

Grigson is their biggest problem. Total meathead. Until they get rid of him, I'm not worrying about the Colts. Guy will probably draft another WR in the 1st round.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
The Pats were constantly threatening in the second half. I was rooting for the Broncs but was sure they were going to lose in regulation or overtime.

But the Broncs did have the GOAT QB and you guys were stuck with Brady :rolleyes:

If Peyton played for the Pats that game, I'm pretty sure he'd be dead right. Literally

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
Yeah, that neck would have had a hard time. Still like the guy. Bought insurance from him.

Reaction Score
intlzncster said:
The problem w the Colts is the organization is a sh_t show. It wasn't just Luck. They've got an enormous number of holes in the roster. Luck needs to learn: 1. How not to be a gunslinger and 2. How to get rid of the ball quicker (whether by quick read or throw it away). Can't win games from the trainer's table.

Luck ended his and the colts season cause he dove head first into a tackle against the Broncos and got folded in two. He needs to get way smarter with the ball, in addition to all of the other issues the colts have.

Reaction Score
As great as Denver's defense was and as bad as the Patriots offensive line was today, the Patriots had their chances. I think a critical coaching mistake was when Belichick went for that 4th down play on their second to the last possession. At the time, I said they should have gone for the field goal and then try to stop Denver to get one more possession. If they had kick the field goal and executed like they did down the stretch, that last drive would have been for the winning touchdown without needing the two-point conversion.

Bottom line, they were outplayed, out executed and outcoached.

Injuries played a big part on their season. The teams that had nearly the same amount of injuries had big time losing records. It's remarkable that they went as far as they did. With that said, they need to improve a few areas of their team. Obviously improved offensive line talent and death is in order. They might want to upgrade at the running back position, with better 3rd down back depth. Adding another quality slot receiver wouldn't be a bad idea either. The only problem with all these is the salary cap. You can only spend so much and it's hard to anticipate what positions are are prone to injuries throughout the season.

Would have love to see how this team would have played in the playoffs with Dion Lewis, LeGarrette Blount and home field throughout, but that's not how it went down.

Props to Denver and their #1 Defense. Their D dominated the Patriots offense and shut them down.

Reaction Score
Lots of excuses floating and from TB12 nation here. It really is pretty simple. Brady is a prima donna QB who doesn't like getting hit. He doesn't scramble. Any time you breathe on him he looks to the refs and whines for a call. He likes having his feet set in the pocket and going through his check downs.

His one kryptonite is a team using through the line and punching him in the nose and that's exactly what Denver did for 4 quarters tonight. End of story.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Hey, at least we can lock up a solid OT with our first round pick this year. Oh, wait...

Hey, on the bright side, w/o a first round pick, we now have a little more cap to work with!

Reaction Score
Lots of excuses floating and from TB12 nation here. It really is pretty simple. Brady is a prima donna QB who doesn't like getting hit. He doesn't scramble. Any time you breathe on him he looks to the refs and whines for a call. He likes having his feet set in the pocket and going through his check downs.

His one kryptonite is a team using through the line and punching him in the nose and that's exactly what Denver did for 4 quarters tonight. End of story.
Can you name one QB who doesn't fail without time?

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Can you name one QB who doesn't fail without time?

Right? Where is this mythical quarterback who enjoys getting teed off on? Only one or two QBs in the league wouldn't have gotten destroyed were they in Brady's shoes today. A guy like Cam or Wilson might have been OK. Def not great though.

Reaction Score
It all comes back to the Pats not wrapping up home field, they couldn't beat the Dolphins and Dolphins to close out the year. Belichick was dumb to go for it with 8 minutes left the Pats D was holding the Broncos offense down.

4in16

uses the force
Reaction Score
Not like the Denver O could muster anything against the Pats D either, field position made a huge difference today. Broncos don't get a FG or 2 without the short fields and the Pats win, congrats to the Broncos but just because Peyton didn't hit the ground as much doesn't mean the Pats D wasn't just as successful and they still only won by two and came down to a last play. Good luck vs Carolina, Denver actually needs to move the ball down the field and score more than 3 pts in the 2nd half.

Reaction Score
It all comes back to the Pats not wrapping up home field, they couldn't beat the Dolphins and Dolphins to close out the year. Belichick was dumb to go for it with 8 minutes left the Pats D was holding the Broncos offense down.

Jets and Dolphins ^

Reaction Score
Just gotta tip the cap to Denver's ability to change up looks in the secondary and keep pressure on Brady. As awful a head coach as Phillips is - he's a pretty great DC.

The blame game on the Pats fans end is dumb. They could have hit the PAT, they could have gone for FG's, but my Mom could be my Dad and Friday could be Saturday. Hard for me to even blame the O-Line as bad as they were. Once the Broncos safeties went down, Brady started connecting. They labored, but they moved the ball. And they've moved the ball most of the year in spite of the bad O-line, so to me blaming them today is just an excuse. Injuries suck, but they're part of the game. Gotta deal. The refs were 100% fair today - and both teams made their fair share of bone headed penalties.

Defense locked the Broncos down in the second half but the offense just couldn't get in a rhythm largely due to the fact that Phillips changed up the looks so much. They tied the Patriots receivers up long enough for the D-line to make a real difference. Sometimes you just get schemed silly. There are some nitpicky things like Daniels calling that awful PA fade on fourth down, but honestly as a pretty big Pats fan - we just got beat. Take it, come back next year and put their head on a pike.

Reaction Score

Oh please. Just stop it.

This team has won a million times on the road in the playoffs (four Super Bowls, none of which were played at Gillette come to mind) like that matters. And I'm not sure we were watching the same game, but the Pats didn't start moving the ball anywhere, really - until about three minutes prior. Brady had been rushed, knocked down or sacked in half of his drop backs and their receivers were gassed. There's no way you can just assume they'd drive the ball into the red zone three times in six minutes just because the defense 'would have stopped them' (presumptuous). The offense was a train wreck all game. No guarantee you have a chance to tie it again. Hindsight is great when you know how things played out. I'm sure if Belichick knew his team would have won the lottery miraculously and been down in the red zone three times in that span after turning over a complete Broncos, grass-fed turd burger the rest of the game, he'd have agreed with you and kicked lots of FG's. But he doesn't have that luxury.

Reaction Score
Oh please. Just stop it.

This team has won a million times on the road in the playoffs (four Super Bowls, none of which were played at Gillette come to mind) like that matters. And I'm not sure we were watching the same game, but the Pats didn't start moving the ball anywhere, really - until about three minutes prior. Brady had been rushed, knocked down or sacked in half of his drop backs and their receivers were gassed. There's no way you can just assume they'd drive the ball into the red zone three times in six minutes just because the defense 'would have stopped them' (presumptuous). The offense was a train wreck all game. No guarantee you have a chance to tie it again. Hindsight is great when you know how things played out. I'm sure if Belichick knew his team would have won the lottery miraculously and been down in the red zone three times in that span after turning over a complete Broncos, grass-fed turd burger the rest of the game, he'd have agreed with you and kicked lots of FG's. But he doesn't have that luxury.

Brady is 3-4 in the playoffs on the road. Not exactly a million times.

Neutral site Super Bowls aren't road games.

Reaction Score
Brady is 3-4 in the playoffs on the road. Not exactly a million times.

Neutral site Super Bowls aren't road games.

Tom Brady isn't 3-4 in the playoffs on the road. The New England Patriots are. Neutral site games aren't home games, either, but whatever. If we want to play that game, it's worth pointing out that the guy is also 2nd in all time wins on the road and 1st in all-time winning pct on the road. So I'm not sweating it and it shouldn't be used as an excuse or as a way for fans to sling mud at Belichick because they're throwing a poo fit over not winning their zillionth championship.

Just this season:

Completion PCT: 64.5% (home), 64.4% (road)
QB Rating: 102.0 (home), 102.4 (road)

Career:

Completion PCT: 63.66% (home), 63.47% (road)
QB Rating: 97.5 (home), 95.3 (road)

Doesn't seem to change him much, if at all. All teams struggle more on the road, but this team's good enough that it shouldn't be an excuse. Baltimore beat us at home. Twice, actually. At this point in the game, any team can win anywhere. They just got beat.

Reaction Score
This thread is pathetic. What a bunch of bickering, whiny 12 year olds. Really.

What I saw was a tremendously entertaining game. I say that as a fan who has appreciated watching Brady and the Patriots. I'm not so much a Pats fan as I am a Brady/Bellicheck fan. I like watching history getting made, whether it's Speith going for 3 majors in a row or Djokovich going for a record grand slam, or whatever. I just like the drama.

What I saw today was a great game. The better team won, to be sure. I thought the refs were fine, with maybe a really bad call on the Broncos out of bounds unsportsmanlike, and missed a call on Gronk in the endzone getting his shirt held by Talib. But they didn't decide the game. What decided the game was Denver's defense, which was amazing. These guys were beating the O-line off the snap and were knocking Brady around on virtually every pass. It was really impressive to watch.

For his part, Brady had one very bad INT and one so-so bad one. Their final drive, the pass to Gronk, then the TD, was tremendous. The fact that they had a chance to tie with a few seconds left on a 2 pt conversion was epic. It was fitting they did not complete the pass - Denver earned it, and, but for a stupid backwards pass, Denver dominated the game virtually wire to wire. All in all, I don't think this hurts Brady legacy - the guy was getting killed all game long.

Sure sure, the Pats had injuries. Edelman probably wasn't closet to 100%. But that's the game. Gotta work with what you got. Thought the Patriots did not respond well to the Denver rush. Did not see a lot of screens or other plays designed to get the ball out quickly. Did not see any real adjustments.

Manning did what it took to get the win. Gotta give him props. At the end of the day, he did just enough. Will be interesting to see what happens in two weeks. If he can find a way to win, my respect for him would go through the roof. Notwithstanding the D, however, the SB has the potential to be an ugly blowout.

I can't believe how much focus there has been in this thread on everything but the game. Jeez. Can't we just enjoy a great game? Seriously? It was a great game.

Reaction Score
I agree with you that he's way better than Manning, and he was one of the best two or three quarterbacks in football this year. But the guy does turn 39 in August (about the age that Manning started to decline), so I'm not sure I'd say "highly doubt there will be slippage."
Manning was never the same after neck surgery. He is surviving purely on experience and it would be no surprise if he retired this year.
Brady is fortunate that he remained pretty healthy for most of his career. Age catches up with all of us eventually and it will get Brady if not next year then some year very soon.

Reaction Score
Not like the Denver O could muster anything against the Pats D either, field position made a huge difference today. Broncos don't get a FG or 2 without the short fields and the Pats win, congrats to the Broncos but just because Peyton didn't hit the ground as much doesn't mean the Pats D wasn't just as successful and they still only won by two and came down to a last play. Good luck vs Carolina, Denver actually needs to move the ball down the field and score more than 3 pts in the 2nd half.

Patriots played solid defense but lets be honest this isn't the Broncos from a couple years ago. They did well against an offense that just isn't that good.

Denver on the other hand played dominant defense against one of the best offenses in the league. Denver's defense was much more impressive. Only a Pats fan can come out of that game saying Pats defense was just as successful. It wasn't.

Pats lost twice this year to a team that is just better than them. Denver's defense is that good.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
The bottom line is Denver won because of a missed extra point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TTown

Top Bottom